It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark Shadow figure Captured!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by downunder666

The problem is with that theory is that there is no way as far as i can tell that a shadow of those proportions could be projected onto that wall at that distance, to cast a shadow at that distance the person must have been standing right in front of the shadow having the same proportions as the shadow itself and be facing directly at the camera , you can see on the video that there is no one present apart from the person taking the photo.

And then the theory that it could have come from a flash from behind the photographer catching her shadow and projecting it onto the end wall would result in a shadow having a size that would cover the whole end of the tunnel, so i think that its something that can 100% be ruled out.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I really would not like to say ether way if that is real or hoax so i will sit on the fence
on this one (yes a cop out at best) but from what I SAW of these shadow "creatures"
or "beings" they appear more smoke like.
What i saw, and you only have my word for this, was a blackish smoky mass about the
size of a large dog waft past me in my own flat a few years ago then just fade away.

so im not to sure if this is what the picture is depicting? i am not shouting HOAX though
i just have yet to see anything that resembles what folk report about shadow beings and
there typical appearance, needs more analysis IMHO.

on a second look it is quite interesting so maybe you actually got a good pic there.
i take back the hoax comment even though i was not saying it was an outright hoax
reading more of the posts lead me to believe this was a legit investigation.

just sick of all the hoax/misidentified stuff that gets posted. hope you understand.
edit on 12/2/2011 by stealthyaroura because: second thoughts on the validity of the pics/case.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
im trying to start a paranormal reasurch where i live but everyone but me is to afraid of what they will find

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by K13PT0

You get used to it. The only real thing to fear is fear itself.

Many people forget that just because it is daylight that they are not surrounded by paranormal activity. It's just that in daylight you have a greater grasp of your surroundings and can think rationally.

In the depth of darkness, primal instincts come into play and every creak and groan of a wooden building sets your hair on end.. because you're not used to dealing with such noises.

I hope this helps you and your friends on the path to understanding how to operate calmly and professionally.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Fully understood.. we all know the amount of created stuff that gets posted on the net.

We do not have any answers as to what it is that has been captured, but it is an odd figure. The point of posting is not just to share it, but in th hope that it will get analysed by anyone who wishes to do so.

We do take time to try to work out the best answer. The two teams are still scratching their heads about it and doing their best to determine what caused this. But we may never know

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

No worries keep up the good work! the search for answers may lead
us to a better understanding of the secrets to the universe.
Who knows? At least this case has some merit as there has been
an investigation as well as an attempts to debunk the phenomena so its all good

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

Thanks..

We still haven't solved this one yet www.abovetopsecret.com...
But we've got an invo at this place coming up pretty soon so we will be paying particular attention to this area to see if we get anything else and also to do a lot more base readings.

So, these things do tend to take a while to explain.. unfortunately..

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Ok, I managed to get a copy of the original photo from Extralien and spent a few hours looking at it using different filters. Before we get into this, I just want to say im not an expert with this tech / software, I do this just for fun.

I will try to explain the process I went through to get these results.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e744f0bc4b21.png[/atsimg]

This is the original image (a bit cropped) with the background highlighted around the dark shadow. The idea was to bring the shadow forward out of [away from] the background. Also hoping to find any outline around the shadow itself.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2d858af1e9ab.png[/atsimg]

An enlarged / cropped version. Were starting to see an outline of the shadow / figure.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/564f0fc1090c.png[/atsimg]

Ive increased the brightness and exposure to bring out any detail that might be there. Starting to see details in clothes (robe), a hood, and maybe a face.

Enlarged version to show detail

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38c9d5bd2d7a.png[/atsimg]

Looks similar to this guy.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/311d43016496.jpg[/atsimg]

I then decided to look at the facial area and came up with this

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07ed8b7d865a.png[/atsimg]

You can see detail in his face, mouth, nose, chin etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3b62c2f35e5.png[/atsimg]

So who is this guy ?

Theres actually quite alot of detail in this image, even though Ive enlarged it quite a bit. I wouldnt even call this matrixing either. You can see a face in a hood on shoulders with a shoulder cape and robe. Its all where it should be.

So what do we think then ?

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Brilliant bit of work!!!!!

I'd never have thought about the highlighting you've done.

And the picture you've used for comparison has to be one of the best ever

Have passed the direct link to your post onto those who need to see this..

Well done John... thanks so very much..

rather incredible.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Thank you.

Hopefully the german crew will let us know more detail about where they visited. I would love to look at the history of this place, maybe if were lucky even put a name to his face.

If you want any other pics looked at just let me know.

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Thank John Q, the group cannot yet reveal the name of the location that they visited, because its the owners request not to, all i know is that they will be revisiting the location soon to conduct a second investigation, where they hope to try and recreate the photo.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

WOW !

An amazingly detailed and graphic bit of work there ... with those kind of analytical abilities any paranormal group would be begging for your assistance.

Woody

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Just to add a bit of 'FYI'..

This bunker was occupied by these guys..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d58f36e9036b.jpeg[/atsimg]

Does the guy wearing the trench coat possibly come close to the image being discussed?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
cool pic!

Ive seen shadow people and shadow mist. In fact the other night dosing off i felt something pat on the bed next to my head and looked up at the cracked door of my room and saw the light from the hallway go dim, then i realized i couldnt move and this shadow was actually on me, so i made a sudden jerk up after trying to move and finally i was free and everything was brighter. and no shadow, weird.... it scared me but i shrugged it off as a dream.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

Its not that im skeptic, its that, why couldnt this be an actual person?

Exactly, a homeless person perhaps as they often sleep in those kind of places.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

I have again contacted the group, and have been asked to direct people towards the link for thier website as there is valuable information in the report including a diagram of the tunnel system, i am afraid that it's all in german but on the diagram its clear to see that there is only one way in and one way out, the team searched the complete system and found no traces of someone sleeping there or habitating there.

Here is the link where you will find a diagram of the tunnel system.

P.F.N

There is absoloutley no chance that there was anyone in the caves apart from the team investigating, and knowing thier reputation i would consider that a true and accurate fact.

Gabi the leader of the group has also asked me to translate part of the report regarding the incident involving the Shadow figure, due to the fact that her English is not to good.

At first we didn't pick up on anything at all, it even got the point where i said that there was probably more paranormal activity in my basement at home as in the tunnel system , but just before we left the tunnels i realized that i had a feeling of deep fear in me which esculated very quickly into a feeling of panic.

Whilst looking at the monitor of my camera i thought that i had seen a shadow appear and disappear again, and i can remember saying "i've had enough i have to get out of here, i wanted to show the others what i had seen on my camera but there was nothing on the picture , which did clam me down a bit.

Kelpie and myself walk the 60 metres down to the exit of that tunnel and the others followed us , as they had all exited the tunnel and were in the next chamber that's the moment that i took the photo's the are posted here.

So as i mentioned above there are more pictures and also a diagram of the tunnels in the link that i have posted here .

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
this could be anything from a fake to some homeless guy hiding out in there.i am not really a skeptic but i like to have more facts than just a bury shadow picture even though its not all that bad of a photo.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
As i posted before, all the information you need has been published on thier website and is available for anyone to look at including the EXIF data from the images that were captured that will at least tell you that the images have not been tampered with.

The Team have confirmed that they been given permission to go back to the same location later in the spring and conduct a second investigation , hopefully that will then spread some more light on the subject .

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

I hate them so much, I see them so much, They seriously scare the living # out of me though I see them so much you'd think it would be the other way around, but no. they come behing me, they're in rooms i pass, they are everywhere I swear to you. no one on here as any clue what things my family has experienced. I don't know why it has to be shadow figures though, I wish it was more like objects moving, cause atleast then I wouldn't be AS scared.
Oops i bumped a two month old thread =[
edit on 2011/29/4 by misterbananas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join