It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google celebrates Jules Verne in logo. 183rd birthday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I was curious about the new logo(click google search and see), when I hovered it said Jules Verne 183rd birthday(tomorrow Feb 8th). I have noticed in my research that Google is considered Illuminati run and so I was curious about him. I am ashamed to admit that I am unread of his works, although I have seen the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth made for kids.
What I found odd was that he had so much information dating back so far about so many of the topics we are curious about here.

In 1863, Jules Verne wrote a novel called Paris in the 20th Century about a young man who lives in a world of glass skyscrapers, high-speed trains, gas-powered automobiles, calculators, and a worldwide communications network, yet cannot find happiness and comes to a tragic end. Hetzel thought the novel's pessimism would damage Verne's then booming career, and suggested he wait 20 years to publish it. Verne put the manuscript in a safe, where it was discovered by his great-grandson in 1989. It was published in 1994.
Pardon me but, it seems/appears like he was given "time traveler info" which was withheld, or he was deeply in synch with future trends and would be theories which abound today. I was wondering if there were others who love this particular topic and cared to share? Just seems his work is highly "back engineered", but then again He was an Aquarius so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. Are there any known links to "conspiracy" here? I don't care I thought it curious.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Cool story op. Do you have a link so I could read the whole article?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Oh sorry it was just Wiki for Jules
wonder if maybe he was doing this stuff...www.quantumjumping.com...
Or if he had an "in"

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Jules Verne (1828-1905) Around the World in Eighty Days (1873), Journey to the Center of the Earth (1864), and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea (1869)
some of his works
www.online-literature.com...[/url]copywrited link biography
It appears his original work may have been censored. The article claims that some of the scientific details were lost, or "abridged". A list of his "topics" is on the left which describe some of the book descriptions.
edit on 8-2-2011 by seagrass because: additional info

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagrass
Pardon me but, it seems/appears like he was given "time traveler info" which was withheld, or he was deeply in synch with future trends and would be theories which abound today.

Or, he had a pretty good imagination (not unusual as a fiction author) and did a great job when preparing to write about the future.
There is not necessarily a time traveler needed in order to make some pretty good predictions of the future... see here: abcnews.go.com...

But nevertheless, very good find OP, flag&star, as I hadn't even known about that book in particular. I just knew the 20000 miles under the sea book.
edit on 8-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: no

edit on 8-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2011 by SunLightyear because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I was curious about the new logo(click google search and see), when I hovered it said Jules Verne 183rd birthday(tomorrow Feb 8th). I have noticed in my research that Google is considered Illuminati run and so I was curious about him. I am ashamed to admit that I am unread of his works, although I have seen the movie Journey to the Center of the Earth made for kids.
What I found odd was that he had so much information dating back so far about so many of the topics we are curious about here.

In 1863, Jules Verne wrote a novel called Paris in the 20th Century about a young man who lives in a world of glass skyscrapers, high-speed trains, gas-powered automobiles, calculators, and a worldwide communications network, yet cannot find happiness and comes to a tragic end. Hetzel thought the novel's pessimism would damage Verne's then booming career, and suggested he wait 20 years to publish it. Verne put the manuscript in a safe, where it was discovered by his great-grandson in 1989. It was published in 1994.
Pardon me but, it seems/appears like he was given "time traveler info" which was withheld, or he was deeply in synch with future trends and would be theories which abound today. I was wondering if there were others who love this particular topic and cared to share? Just seems his work is highly "back engineered", but then again He was an Aquarius so maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. Are there any known links to "conspiracy" here? I don't care I thought it curious.

I suppose you have a rather repressed imagination if you think imagining of that sorts requires "time traveler info".

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Jules Verne wrote quite a few books. Think of Verne in terms of Verne's time. A building of glass was not that novel for his time. A city of such buildings was novel, but not that big of a stretch. His stories are interesting in that he seemed to have a thing for American heroes. The French played often a secondary role in his stories.

Two of his later stores are "City in the Sahara" and "Into the Niger Bend". These stories have planes and missiles and all sorts of modern marvels. The missiles and planes rely on compressed air as a power source. Outside of some new vehicles in India I am not aware of compressed air vehicles. Still he came up with some great ideas. He did this through research. It's that tough sit down and read science books that made his stories work.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Interesting info OP.

Seeing as how Google has been implicated as somehow knowing about some future events, and using their special dressed-up logo to convey "details" about whatever is in store, this current bit of artwork needs some explanation, IMO.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas regarding the oddity of the symbolism. I expect that someone isn't going to like that "cross" on the right, with the pin/lever dropping to about "crotch" level! But whatever it means, it seemingly points to "2 o'clock", and there is a redundancy of "two's" throughout.

How about that backwards spinning gauge on the left? Also looks as if it "starts" at two o'clock, and heads back.

Probably lots of interesting things to note. How this might connect with Jules Verne, or an "ocean" event, I don't know...

JR

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

I suppose you have a rather repressed imagination if you think imagining of that sorts requires "time traveler info".

In Mid 1800's yes I believe that is a fantastic imagination for a Sci-Fi writer. Amazingly accurate in my opinion, and yes my imagination is extremely repressed to think about being able to come up with these things. Hey I am amazed at J.K Rowling as well. There are many instances in the conspiracy world of theory that future events are quite known to some "illuminated individuals"... just curious about him. And Google seems humbled to honor him as well. Just following my mouse around....

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Did you find a close up of the logo? I need glasses to see what you are seeing, or a microscope. The symbolism is probably very meaningful. More than we think is usually the case with these people.

ah here we go....link

edit on 8-2-2011 by seagrass because: link

edit on 8-2-2011 by seagrass because: fix link

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I didn't realize if you click on it you can actually "play with it"... check it out!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
They say only 8 of his inventions came true... does that trump DaVinci? link

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

They say only 8 of his inventions came true

The article doesn't say only 8, it just says that here are 8 inventions that came to be. In addition to these 8 I have already mentioned airplanes and missiles as other inventions.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Ah thanks for the correction.
I assume much. Still, I find it curious.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

My understanding of Verne was that he was always reading and looking for ideas on the latest thoughts especially in science and technology. The article basically said the same. I understand that after the book "Around the World in 80 Days" was published people tried to duplicate the feat. This might not be an invention, but it sure was an amazing idea for its time.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

My understanding of Verne was that he was always reading and looking for ideas on the latest thoughts especially in science and technology. The article basically said the same. I understand that after the book "Around the World in 80 Days" was published people tried to duplicate the feat. This might not be an invention, but it sure was an amazing idea for its time.
I could get suspicious and say perhaps it was "designed" that way. That these ideas and inventions were "filtered" into our consciousness back then in books, just as it seems they now do with television, teen idols, and various other methods.

top topics

join