It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Caught on Camera during a Rocket Launch at Vandenberg Air Force Base ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Check out this video from Chuck Clark that supposedly shows a UFO fly over during a Rocket Launch !

is this a genuine UFO or something else ?

does anyone have more information about this case ?

Chuck Clark is an astronomer/photographer who now lives in Rachel, Nevada on the Extraterestrial Highway. Chuck photographed a UFO during a rocket launch at Vandenberg Air Force Base.

aliencasebook.blogspot.com...

edit on 8-2-2011 by easynow because: typo

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Thank you, very interesting find. Will watch the rest of the videos also.

S+F

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Thank you for sharing! That looks like something I've seen in plenty of other videos posted on ATS.

Jeenyus

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Although there isn't much to see in the footage, the circumstances make it a very interesting video. They are referring to MIR so it had to have been quite a while ago (between 1986 and 2001).

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Even if it turned out to have a reasonable explanation that's the most worthwhile video that I've seen on here lately.

I can't recall if he said how high the rocket was at that point? Would the space shuttle or some such be that luminous in a shot with that much rocket glare in the pic? Or was it a self-luminous object?

Definitely cool.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I love it when there is an actual admittance of the fact that people don't know what it was, rather than a poor attempt to call it something it obviously wasn't...but since I'm on that subject...It was obviously a bird with a flashlight strapped to its back...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
or a paper bag with a candle in it....lol...

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Another smoking gun here.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
thanks for the reply , i appreciate it

here are more videos with similar looking ufo's

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
it's unfortunate that one of the most common but truly remarkable representations of the ufological phenomena--the self-luminous orb--gets cloudied because folk do mistake Venus and chinese lanterns and the ISS or whatever as anomalous sightings.

Then, there are those sociopathic hoaxers with special effects software. A light source being the easiest effect to composite into a vid

But having said that, I do believe that more and more folk are coming around to the validity of this particular and utterly amazing phenomena. I think some are coming around by the weight of the collective evidence but I also believe more and more have seen them--the genuine ones that behave intelligently that is.

The Jerusalem vid is a good example. It does appear to be a dastardly hoax. But that IS pretty much exactly how those mysterious buggers look and act at times.

What I found interesting though was that even a year ago the Jerusalem vid wouldn't have had as many proponents--so many suspending their judgement for a minute--as it did. So maybe more folk have indeed seen them?

easynow: enjoyed those vids.
Even though we must admit that when it comes to video we can never be totally sure if it's the real deal or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nice thread, nice clips.

Worth a bump for members that may have missed it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by galactictuan

Calling this a "smoking gun" is foolish. It takes mich more than what is in this video to ring the smoking gun bell...lol.

But then again, if your a die hard believer you don't require the level of evidence that someone who believes in common sense, reason and logic.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Unfortunately, I'm at work and can't enable the sound. Is the UFO in question the one that appears around the 1:15 mark that shoots down the screen, or the second orb like thing with the ring around it?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Its hard to tell what it is as like almost all suposed UFO vid's these days its to small and to out of focus to tell ie. just a fuzzy dot in the sky. Theres no way to calculate its distance so there is no telling how large it is . I dont think its CGI but at the same time theres nothing to indicate directly that its a craft of any kind as it just travels in one direction.Its not performing any 'out of this world' maneuvers or firing any laser beams etc.

If i had to make a guess i would say it could easily be a bird or a maybe balloon.

edit on 7-7-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Nice thread as always Easynow,

Would a metallic balloon be picked up on radar?

That's what it seems to look like to me, perhaps at the launch some people released party helium balloons at the same time?

I can't get any scale of size from looking at the film, anyone have a guess at how bit the object would be considered?
edit on 7-7-2011 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Don't think it's a balloon or bird or the ISS. Could be a satellite, though.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Things like this can not be explained,in more than 20 words,simply ufo would describe it in a good way.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
A balloon?

You need to take into account the testimony in these videos. I am pretty sure this guy would have identified a balloon with ease. Apparently he films rocket launches all the time and my guess is that he can identify a balloon if he saw one. Not to mention his air force buddy who had know idea what it is. Also, I have never seen a balloon travel in a straight line at a pretty damn quick velocity. This is a damn good video of a UFO.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys

I wasn't there when it happened so I'm not sure what the object is.

What about a decoy ? Does anyone think that might be a possible explanation ?

Here's a webpage that has info on Targets and Decoys
www.fas.org...
edit on 7-7-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It's extra hard to judge true object velocity when the camera itself is tracking a moving object such an aircraft or rocket -- and numerous cases involving planes, missiles, and once even the space shuttle showed white dots swooping 'past' them, when actually the dots were motionless against the celestial sphere and the vehicle was the object 'swooping' past the intertially motionless light [usually a star or planet].

This missile video is fundamentally different, since even if the camera were tracking the missile, the white dot is moving faster in the same direction of the missile -- judging from the missile's smoke plume.

One angle I'd explore would be what is the true azimuth/elevation of the camera and could there be non-forbidden airspace behind the trajectory or more likely in front of it where an airplane might have been operating. That would imply the camera was pointed not far above horizontal [for distant airspace] but could have been much higher [for nearer airspace], especially if the camera were physically separated from the missile launch point by a large distance -- tens of miles, for example. Can that be determined?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join