It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Aliens and Deity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am very interested in the Ancient Aliens theories. I think about it a lot, have read and watched some shows about it. I am convinced that we were visited, and that the accounts of deities and their interactions with humans are really accounts of aliens interacting with us. It is even thought that they created us by genetic manipulation. I may believe this myself. I am still uncertain.

My question is this:
If you also believe in this stuff... do you also worship any god(s) or goddess(es)? Wouldn't that be worshipping just another creation, or being, not necessarily worthy of worship? Are those aliens dead? and if so, why would we worship someone dead? Why did they let us worship them, then leave (apparently)?

Please remember my question is for people who believe in the Ancient Alien theories and how they relate to deity. I do not want this thread to turn into a debate about the validity of these theories. I want to know how it effects your religion (or lack of). Thank you.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

While I believe that we have been visited in the past by alien races and that some of the stories of the gods reflect those visits, for me, the deeper reality of the gods is not about aliens. So, in answer to your question, yes I worship the gods. I am Wiccan and tend to prefer the gods and goddesses of ancient Egypt with some from Greece, Rome, Ireland and China thrown into the mix.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertyLover

So, do you mean the deeper reality of the gods and goddesses is not really about worshipping a real person/entity/being? (I don't know what to call it.) Does that mean that you could possibly be worshipping an ideal that was set forth in the stories? I know that there is a lot of similarities between a lot of the gods and goddesses of different cultures... It seems to me this may mean that there really was a single truth that spread out. Again, I'm not sure about any of this. I welcome any discussion to help me think through it all and decide what to believe (know?).

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I suggest the solution is a bit more basic to human psychology than you have examined so far. If you were to look up and study the phenomena known as "cargo cults" you will get an understanding of how that process works in even the modern world as studied by anthropologists. It has a dynamic that goes beyond the oft discussed mixing of a more advanced culture with another or the intention of the givers to make themselves out to be gods. It is virtually an automatic reaction to receiving outside help whether the recipient is a sole individual or a community.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

...and that the accounts of deities and their interactions with humans are really accounts of aliens interacting with us.

That's funny because I am convinced that the accounts of aliens and their interactions with humans are really accounts of deities interacting with us.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I defiantly believe its possible that some religions have been influenced by some past contact but religions are very very old (even the newest ones are influenced by those that went before) and have many threads tied up in the stories.

My personal belief is that most religions stemmed from sun worship, water worship etc and a reverence for all things that affected the lives of early hunter gatherers. I think other stories about major events or important people then got sucked into the god myths and slowly religion evolved into its present incoherent jumble.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Interesting subject. I watched a video last night on YouTube about ancient astronauts and the possible effects of religion. While I do not believe aliens are here right at this moment. I do believe it possible they visited in the past. According to the author of Chariots of the Gods Erich von Däniken, almost all early religions involve deities from the sky. This could mean that gods of the past were really extraterrestrials. If a advanced civilization came down from the heavens in seemingly impossible ways they could easily be though of as divine therefore worthy of worship.

I am a little confused by you wondering why we would worship someone dead. There have been many cases of Idolatry through out religion. As for aliens letting us worship them, I don't not think they could have stopped us whether they wanted us to or not. I think especially in early history, when so much around us was not understood, it was easy for us to find answers in religious context. Maybe not.

The older I get the more I believe in a intelligent design behind the creation of our universe. but I do not believe in the biblical god.

edit on 8-2-2011 by rpdowning because: broken link

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I'm a firm believer in the "ancient aliens" theory and like Von Daniken believe that most if not all of the "old gods" were actually aliens either pretending to be gods or being perceived as gods.

To me the most damning evidence is the Bible. A lot of it is listed in at least one other thread that I've read today. Jacob's ladder, fire by night and smoke by day (rocket ships), weapons blinding people in Soddom, crystal walkways, the voice of God (loudspeakers), the burning bush (an electric light) and many many other things in the Bible which can only be technology in my opinion.

Google "aliens in the Bible" or something to that effect and you'll find at least one site which will give you a detailed list of things in the Bible which could be technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I don't believe they are 'extraterrestial' but 'interdimensional'.

That is they are not from other planets and galaxies in our universe...
...but from other dimensions...
...and they have had a reason to manipulated our DNA.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I understand that is your belief, but don't you agree that there is more evidence for extra-terrestrial than extra-dimensional aliens? What evidence do you know of for your view if I may ask?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lannock

Originally posted by troubleshooter

I understand that is your belief, but don't you agree that there is more evidence for extra-terrestrial than extra-dimensional aliens? What evidence do you know of for your view if I may ask?

I have watched the Ancient Alien series and see no reason why the evidence...
...could not apply to the activity of interdimensional beings.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I am a firm believer in the Ancient Alien theory, and therefore have no reason to bow or worship a god

god=extraterrestrial (called a God in ancient times)
angel = extraterrestrial with a lower rank/position than a god

If people start to see the bible and God as it is in the Ancient Alien theory, it will remove the need for praying for something in the sky to grant your wishes.

No, I do not worship any deities....No need to.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I want to thank everyone for their replies. The reason I was asking this is because I always feel torn between science and spirit, even though I dont' really think it's necessary to separate them. I feel the need to worship or at least acknowledge some higher being or whatever because I do not think this universe and life and all that it entails is really just a physical experience. I just cannot believe that it's all an accident or unplanned. We cannot deny the spirit (don't know what to call it) experience. I have experienced many things that are unexplainable.

I still feel a little confused.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

You have piqued my interest. What is the reason for them manipulating our DNA? Also, I think there could be extra terrestrial beings and also interdimensional beings.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by troubleshooter

You have piqued my interest. What is the reason for them manipulating our DNA? Also, I think there could be extra terrestrial beings and also interdimensional beings.

In the Adam and Eve story when the serpent had morally corrupted them and taken their soveriegnty...
...the serpent was spoken to and given a promise...
...here are the words recorded later by Moses in Genesis...

Genesis 3:14-15 "And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: 15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."

'Seed' means offspring...
...a 'seed' that would destroy the 'seed' of the serpent is predicted...
...a human would come who would restore the lost soveriegnty and moral corruption...
...and evidence of this struggle runs through all 66 manuscripts of the western canon...
...which were written over approximately a 3500 year period.

The reason for manipulating DNA was to stop the seed of Eve destroying the seed of the serpent.

Christians have tended to see it as a moral struggle alone...
...but that it is also a genetic one is evident everywhere once you begin to look.

I am happy to outline instances of this if you are interested.

edit on 11/2/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
what about the pyramids? the dieties themselves aside but what do you think the pyramids were for?,have you heard of harmonic codes?

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
‘You are my witnesses,’ says the Lord, ‘and my servant whom I have chosen, that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me’" (Is. 43:10).

Now here is my take on Ancient Astronaut THEORY it is totally plausible. There are many false gods. It stands to reason the the primary god source creator made life throughout the universe. You can't put limits on his creative force and power and the Bible and other related texts only talks about things that are relative to earth. I am confident god didn't stop creating even up to this very moment.

He gives his creations free will. So their are plenty of civilizations and creations whom fell into sin some whom never experienced it. Some in which were redeemed, some which failed and were wiped from existence.

The ones whom did not fall are protected from civilizations that did by the species referred to as angels that still remain loyal. Many fallen angels and even alien civilizations with technology to interact with fallen planets could pose as false gods or be worshiped as them. Some with sinister intentions some whom are trying to redeem themselves either made in Gods image on not in his image.

There is only one multi-dimensional being that is the true creator and is a unique force Yahwek or the judeo christian god. All others may display tech and power beyond humans however there is only one creator that has created everything. Including the planer earth. And while creating the project know as earth his son Jesus or the arch angel Michael and other angels assisted him in this feet.

The god that is love and that is the one true god isn't necessarily flesh and blood in human understanding... even though angels and even gods son can regress into fleshly forms to interact.

As far as different religions as Gods.... many are false and are misinterpreted as gods and they could be individual species that have fallen out of the creators favor and try to portray themselves as gods.

One thing is for sure if you believe in God or any religion you have to believe in extra- terrestrials because obviously the creator didn't originate from what he created.

Now whether we should worry about other civilizations or focus on building a loving relationship with god is more important that is up to the individual. Since the Bible states that the being referred to as Jesus died to make up for adam and eves original sin... we will get a shot at everlasting life. Who knows if the righteous... i.e. those who actually believe in the true god (and don't question everything) remain after the great tribulation (population cleansing of humans with undesirable traits which is a huge chuck of the population) When the earth is a true paradise like in the days of the inception of adam and eve... maybe we will be able to connect with brothers and sisters across the stars in the loving network of Gods Kingdom.

To simplify things you could speculate that there is a good and bad universe and after a cleasing of earth of all evil traits and aspects of humanity we will shift into a universe that is densely populated with peaceful beings.

Who knows there isn't explicit details of the rewards of being faithful as well as when it ids going to occur because if such was the case most people will do all of the bad they can then try to find a loop hole and be good when the date came nearer or just before they died.

SHORT ANSWER YES I BELIEVE IN A ALMIGHTY JUDEO-CHRISTIAN GOD. YES I BELIEVE EXTRA TERRESTRIALS (i.e. Angels and othe imperfect creations of god) and either posed as gods or were mistakenly worshiped as Gods. You can't deny the fact that all creation is of intelligent design and God exists outside of the constructs of time and space that humans are restricted to...

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I believe in some of the ancient astronaut theories, but because the particular one which I believe in involves manipulation of DNA to make us what we are now, I dont worship those who did it. I look at them simply as a race of beings who are superior to us.

Since they did 'create' us, one could say that they are like God's or Diety's. In my opinion, however, there is some cosmic supernatural force which we dont yet full understand, which created the universe and everything in it. I have not the faintest clue what that is, or what I should call it. These beings who made us are just another species in the vastness of space which has amazingly superior technology.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by michaelknives52

Now whether we should worry about other civilizations or focus on building a loving relationship with god is more important that is up to the individual. Since the Bible states that the being referred to as Jesus died to make up for adam and eves original sin... we will get a shot at everlasting life. Who knows if the righteous... i.e. those who actually believe in the true god (and don't question everything) remain after the great tribulation (population cleansing of humans with undesirable traits which is a huge chuck of the population) When the earth is a true paradise like in the days of the inception of adam and eve... maybe we will be able to connect with brothers and sisters across the stars in the loving network of Gods Kingdom...

SHORT ANSWER YES I BELIEVE IN A ALMIGHTY JUDEO-CHRISTIAN GOD. YES I BELIEVE EXTRA TERRESTRIALS (i.e. Angels and othe imperfect creations of god) and either posed as gods or were mistakenly worshiped as Gods. You can't deny the fact that all creation is of intelligent design and God exists outside of the constructs of time and space that humans are restricted to...

You just called the righteous ones the ones who don't question everything.... this is one thing that has always bothered me. If it is wrong to question things and god made me the way I am then why would he make me in a way that causes me to do something he doesn't like? Are you saying truthseeking is evil? I always thought it must be ok to question things or god wouldn't have made us with an insane curiosity. I know not all people have curiosity (seems really strange to me, but I do know people like that) but a lot of us do have it. If he is god then he can handle us questioning him, and if he loves us like you and other christians say he does then he will help us know the truth. Because I questioned what the bible says and questioned my church leaders and pastor, I no longer subscribe to those beliefs, most anyway.

I do agree with you on one thing though. I do believe the universe and everything in it must have a creator or designer. In my mind there are just too many amazing things for there to be no intelligence behind it. You have put that intelligence in a box by saying he/she/it is the judeo-christian god of the bible. I think that is foolish. (No I am not saying you are a fool... you seem pretty intelligent to me
)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FattyTravy

This is how I think of it now. You stated it very well.

top topics

join