It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the “laws” Governing the Personal Recording of Public and Personal Events are Unethical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Recently there have been reports of “laws” (mandates, edicts, rules, bills, statutes, etc.) which are making it “illegal” to video police personnel in public settings.

Given that each individual has a right to their own perspective, to make mandate the inability to record it becomes an issue of ethics. Also, it brings to the fore the question of what we may do with each our own consciousness.

What right do we have to our conscious perspective? Unalienable is our right thereto, as well as to our flesh, and therefore not only is this relevant to recording One’s perspective in public and in private (it being rudely unsocial to record in private something without making any others present aware of the recording), it covers the right to alter One’s consciousness as One sees fit, with the substances One chooses to put therein.

As long as the three Laws are kept, regardless of One’s altering of One’s conscious perspective, there is no problem except as it pertains to any damage the drug may be doing to the One who chose the ingestion, and most of us, if given good, honest information, would likely choose wisely. (At the risk of being yanked into the Alt. Sub. section, I will comment that cannabis has shown itself to actually induce behavior more likely to be within the three Laws than even sober people tend to exhibit, making all “laws” against it wholly unethical, null and void; our right is unalienable.)

And therefore, “laws” against any public recording are wholly unethical, null and void. Our right is unalienable.

I look forward to discussion.

Thank you.

edit on 2/5/2011 by Amaterasu because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I couldn't agree more. We have the right to self protection at the very least. Recording events as they unfold could very well be your only defense,should you find yourself being oppressed by law enforcement officials.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Thanks, daddyroo. I hope this thread gets more attention.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Yep. These laws are pure BS... a police officer operating in the line of duty is by definition a public person and any actions they take are public, not private.

These laws are nothing more than an attempt to suppress dispersion of information that shows law enforcement in a bad light... which happens all too often. Not surprisingly, given that law enforcement agencies are just the enforcement arm of TPTB.

S&F

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Thanks for your reply. [smile]

Yes, it's pretty obvious that They are trying to reduce communication of events amongst us.

top topics

join