It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nova ScienceNow 'How the brain works'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
How the brain works

I watched this the other night and it's quite fascinating. With the help of some famous magicians they explore how the brain functions, and why some people fall for magic tricks. The segment that really blew my mind was a device using magnetic pulses aimed at specific parts of the brain can modify a persons mood, speech, make parts of their body move, and most importantly, reduced pain. It looks like something out of star trek and the implications are both astounding and scary.

There was also a segment on a disorder dealing with people who's brain center that processes numbers and letters excites the color processing area, making them see numbers and letters in specific colors, regardless of their actual color. There was even a woman who could 'feel' music. I'll have what she's having!

Anyone else watch it? I provided a full link above, it's worth a view.
edit on 4-2-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Very interesting and fun to watch.

Here is the Youtube link:

F&S,

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
How the brain works
The segment that really blew my mind was a device using magnetic pulses aimed at specific parts of the brain can modify a persons mood, speech, make parts of their body move, and most importantly, reduced pain. It looks like something out of star trek and the implications are both astounding and scary.

It is not star trek at all, this type of mood altering technology existed in 1970s, and now it is advanced to the extent that it can project visions, sounds etc directly into their brain. So a person would think he is having some spiritual awakening but he is really getting his brain zapped by electromagnetic waves.
Illuminalti END TIMES Programming : Global Spiritual Awakening is a False Alarm. ,

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

That scares me as well...I don't have any hard evidence but my opinion is HARP has this technology on a much more advanced scale

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phishyblankwaters
There was even a woman who could 'feel' music. I'll have what she's having!

I would suspect all composers who where greats must have a similar trait.

I would suggest they have along way to go on this, but i also think there is something wrong with there positive attitude quantum mechanics stuff mindset they do.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by vinay86

you read my mind sir haha Bluebeam is seeming more like a reality when info like this is released

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Artorius

Mobile phones and phone masts have this ability too. I would suggest they picked a freq for mobiles on purpose. Look how much a country like ireland has changed since mobile phones came in.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thanks for finding the youtube link I didn't have time this morning when i posted. My link is to pbs directly, no embedding option.

It is not star trek at all,

It looks like something out of star trek

I meant the device itself looks like something from the original star trek, I'm well aware this technology exists, I'm not sure if the beamed into your skull advertisements use this technology or not, but they will be appearing on billboards and such in the next few years.

I'm not sure how HAARP plays into this at all, HAARP uses radio frequencies to heat up the ionosphere, I'm not sure how that plays into a device directly beside the skull pulsing magnetic pulses at specific points. That's the key, lets pretend HAARP could do this, it isn't feasible because you need to target specific points in the brain at specific depths and HAARP would be a blanket effect.

now that I think about it, I recall reading about DARPA playing with new helmets for troops that relieved or reduced pain. I'm going to assume that would be this technology, a small magnetic pulse gun built into the helmet at the proper location and calibrated for the proper depth.
edit on 4-2-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I'm not sure about that. I'm a musician and when I play, and write, I indeed "feel" the music, but not in the way this girl was describing, feeling notes flow over her body and around it on a musical notation scale.

When I'm playing or writing, my entire body (when the jam works) gets into it, I move and gyrate completely uncontrollably, but in tune with the music. I'm told sometimes my mouth makes strange shapes as if I'm influencing the notes with the shape of my mouth like speech.

I don't feel notes, but I feel an underlying throbbing which is sometimes related to the bass, sometimes just related to the core of the groove, if it's a 4 on 4 rock beat or what not. Being able to hook into that groove is what makes my playing style work, I improvise and jam on the spot, if I can't sink into that underlying groove, it's forced and doesn't present well. When I do sync into it, it's a transcendental experience for me, and a very selfish one at that.

I wish I could experience music the way this girl does, but I'm quite happy with how I do connect to it, if only when it's me playing.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I hope you're not mad, if I post a few more episodes of this show to your thread:

4x06 Public Genomes/Algae Fuel/Arctic Ocean Seafloor/Yoky Matsuoka
www.zshare.net...
www.wisevid.com...

4x07 Saving Hubble Update/Gangster Birds/Alfredo Quinones-Hinojosa/How Memory Works
www.zshare.net...
www.wisevid.com...

4x08 Earthquakes in the Midwest/Sleep/Sang-Mook Lee/First Primates
www.wisevid.com...

5x01 Can we make it to Mars?
www.novamov.com...
www.megavideo.com...

5x02 Can we live forever?
www.novamov.com...
www.zshare.net...

5x04 How smart are we?
www.novamov.com...