It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hope that......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
.......todays posts by over-excited Americans is not the future of ATS during this conflict.There seems to be a large group of adrenalin filled "KeyBoard Generals" unhappy with their civilian status and instead are determined to barrack any who disagree.This group see it as their patriotic duty to dismiss and insult anti-war posters.

If you don't agree with Bush don't post.Is that the message?

A lot of ignorant and intollerent posts today,some even from moderators.

If you just want to hear the views of people similar to you then log on to The White House website.You can all swallow the Bullsh!t from source then.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I agree John. Its getting a bit depressing, especially in the war on terrorism board which looks in danger of turning into a pro-war mutual appreciation society.
All the worthwhile Points seem to be discussed in the other boards.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
After all this is a forum.....I agree with what you say, just don't be ignorant. Antiwar huh? Would anyone be here if Hitler would've been sucessful? Huh Big John?

Give me a break people can say anything they want.

Don't think Americans aren't made up of people from around the world. We pay our taxes so in turn we don't end up like third world countries. America stand for FREEDOM. Remember Americo? He was on one of the ships that sailed to the new world. We live here by choice. Americans are every nationality you can think of. If you live here you pay to have protection to keep freedom. I support our toops as well as my president.

Perhaps you enjoy having evil men with dirty bombs walking on your streets? This has get done.

All the pacifists are happy to go to sleep at night safely in their own warm beds. But in reality our troops are making that possible by risking thier lives!

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   
3/No,You can not say what you want.

really and why is that?

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
There also seems to be little room for a centrist point-of-view; disagree with and dislike Bush, but feel the U.N. has completely botched the Iraq issue to the point where military intervention is required (perhaps not "all-out-war" but a corrective action).

While I feel the Bush administration is the worst in history when it comest to diplomacy, this "problem" with Iraq is of the U.N.'s making. Our arrogant hubris isn't helping anything though.

There... is that enough fence-sitting for one post?

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   
1/ Please do not accuse me of being ignorant.

2/Hitler? Hitler invaded Czechoslovakia in 1938.The League of Nations failed to stop him.Yes I can see an historical comparison.Just not the same one as you.

3/No,You can not say what you want.

4/Remember Americo????Remember Amico???Remember the Alamo???Or Remember Amerigo?

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by U.S. Patriot

All the pacifists are happy to go to sleep at night safely in their own warm beds. But in reality our troops are making that possible by risking thier lives!

Ultra_Phoenix, a former but still proud NATO soldier agree with you by 100000000000000000000000000000% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arc

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
JB I believe your initial point has been proven by example....

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

4/Remember Americo????Remember Amico???Remember the Alamo???Or Remember Amerigo?

your bum your face what's the difference? They both smell the same!

Did you learn that in the playground today?I don't mind listening to the other side of the argument when it is intelligently put,however this juvenile response devalues your argument.

I am not a pacifist.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

your bum your face what's the difference? They both smell the same!

Did you learn that in the playground today?I don't mind listening to the other side of the argument when it is intelligently put,however this juvenile response devalues your argument.

I am not a pacifist.

no I did not learn that on the playground today, but your name Bull says it all.....meaning you talk alot of caca doody poopy

arc

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Patriot accept that however insulting you become, others are still not going to agree with you. If someone can form their opinion in an intelligent and non-abusive way - either argue against it in the same vein or shut the **** up

I'm one of those who fully appreciate why this war has to go ahead and will do my hardest to support the troups out there fighting, but I also have doubts about some of the history and secret motivations for this conflict. I joined this board to learn - not to wade through threads full of juvenile crap

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

After all this is a forum.....I agree with what you say, just don't be ignorant. Antiwar huh? Would anyone be here if Hitler would've been sucessful? Huh Big John?

Are you saying that Saddam is Hitler? far from it, though they do share some things. Frankly, is there any way that Hitler could have been victorious? In such a type of dictatorship, the structure is unstable and the rulers will squabble and everything would have fallen apart. Also, would any of us (the younger ones) be here if vietnam was succesful, the events that lead to our existence are so chaotic that our existence itself is a miracle.

Give me a break people can say anything they want.

One name: MT69
Ask around...

Don't think Americans aren't made up of people from around the world. We pay our taxes so in turn we don't end up like third world countries. America stand for FREEDOM. Remember Americo? He was on one of the ships that sailed to the new world. We live here by choice. Americans are every nationality you can think of. If you live here you pay to have protection to keep freedom. I support our toops as well as my president.

I dont really understand what you are saying here, but I will try to. In saying that "Don't think Americans aren't made up of people from around the world." are you trying to say that with all of this diversity what we are doing is supported by these minorities too? Keep in mind that Congress is predominantly white, and that, we as Americans never voted for this war? It was Bush, who the majority of the country did not even vote for. What else... hmmm... oh! how about: "We pay our taxes so in turn we don't end up like third world countries." Actually, we pay our taxes so that the government can go out and waste $350 billion on the military, more than the next ten nations combined. We also pay our taxes so that senators can get all of those cushy benefits that come with the office. A small percentage of it goes to "insignifigant" things (in the republican mind) like the arts, welfare, and education. "America stand for FREEDOM." Actually in the eyes of every single non-american it stands for a nation of fat ignorant rednecks who are ruining the world (and that is in the friendly nations, like Canada, Britan and Germany). "Remember Americo? He was on one of the ships that sailed to the new world." This I almost mistook for a Bushism... His name was Ameri[b]g[/b]o Vespucci, and it is debated whether or not he ever actually reached "the new world" and his journeys there never took him north of the equator. At least he didnt think as Colombus did that this was Asia. "We live here by choice." Um... We do??? I don't, or at least I didn't. And we live here by choice so that we can be the decision makers, not the blind followers, read the constitution some time, we the people, the citizens are supposed to be the ones that make the decisons, not some wnnabe texan who didn't even get the majority vote. "Americans are every nationality you can think of" So... Whats your point? "If you live here you pay to have protection to keep freedom." As I said before, you pay for other things not freedom, freedom should be free, not some elite club for those with money. And we dont even have freedom in this messed up country anymore. "I support our toops as well as my president." I dont support the president but I do support the front-line grunt who has been lied to by his commander.

Perhaps you enjoy having evil men with dirty bombs walking on your streets? This has get done.

How will invading Iraq achieve this? Attacking terrorist orginizations that threaten the USA (i.e. North Korea) will alleviate the situation, but how will having a war for oil help this?

Once again, how will a war on iraq help someone to get a warm bed, oil heated beds???

XA
S

[Edited on 20-3-2003 by xaos]

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc
Patriot accept that however insulting you become, others are still not going to agree with you. If someone can form their opinion in an intelligent and non-abusive way - either argue against it in the same vein or shut the **** up

I'm one of those who fully appreciate why this war has to go ahead and will do my hardest to support the troups out there fighting, but I also have doubts about some of the history and secret motivations for this conflict. I joined this board to learn - not to wade through threads full of juvenile crap

SO what you're saying, is that I am insulting people?
YOU be quiet. He expressed his opinion, just like I did that is all I don't know him personally niether do you.............I am defending my opinion also. If you want to get into a flaming contest make your move............otherwise realize the internet is as public as the world outside your front door.........

[Edited on 3-20-2003 by William One Sac]

arc

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Patriot you are missing the point entirely. Perhaps if you calm down slightly and reread things you will understand why.

1.NO ONE is saying you cannot have your views or defend your views. This is a forum for discussing opinions and views.

2.However express those views in an intelligent and non insulting fashion. Do not attack those who express conflicting views in a similar fashion. You can defend your views and be critical of others without making some people feel they cannot post.

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
XAOS - you truly went out of your way to be an idiot
cutting and pasting what talent.....share some more.
You of course are anti everything....you seem racist. If you live in the usa get out. and stay out!

BTW my apologies on the misspelling on Amerigo's name. Happy now?

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by arc
Patriot you are missing the point entirely. Perhaps if you calm down slightly and reread things you will understand why.

1.NO ONE is saying you cannot have your views or defend your views. This is a forum for discussing opinions and views.

2.However express those views in an intelligent and non insulting fashion. Do not attack those who express conflicting views in a similar fashion. You can defend your views and be critical of others without making some people feel they cannot post.

Thanks..........gotcha will apply advice

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
YeeHaa! We got a bogie!

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It's all of the different viewpoints, and from different perspectives around the world, that attract me to this site. If we were all in agreement, then discussions would get pretty boring. I've quite enjoyed responding to many of the anti-war posters, and explaining my viewpoint, and reasons for backing the war. Likewise, I've enjoyed reading their counter arguements, as most of them are quite educated on the factors involved and support their positions with sound logic, and not by just babbling "No war for oil", etc. To those who express their viewpoints against the war....I say, Keep it up! I love the way it forces us, the pro-war bunch, to back up our positions with reason, instead of just patriotism...

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Thanks Gaz! I agree, good place to let off steam and vent......

AF1

posted on Mar, 20 2003 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Likewise, I've enjoyed reading their counter arguements, as most of them are quite educated on the factors involved and support their positions with sound logic, and not by just babbling "No war for oil", etc. To those who express their viewpoints against the war....I say, Keep it up! I love the way it forces us, the pro-war bunch, to back up our positions with reason, instead of just patriotism...

I agree completely Gazrok. I think everyone is just a little bit edgy right now, because no one knows for sure what is going to happen.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join