It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's that time of year again!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I know my troubles where not caused by a woman, but it was severely intensified by them.
Thats life, and i am in here just to see what people talk about, and give another point of view and people like me, may not always speak out.

On what you say, my attitude is there is plenty out there for any person wanting to come near me, and that person can be alot happier elsewhere, as my life is a nightmare with all this monitoring they do in my life.

Privacy and trust was something i needed when i was young, and these people destroyed it. You lot may not think privacy and trust is much as you tell everything on facebook, but i am not like that. My life and my future was taken away from me, by scum just wanting to monitor me and humiliate me when ever they could. After 19 years now you would think that they would be bored by now, but they carry on destroying my life.

So my attitude is anyone who likes me can look elsewhere, and its not harming that person, as plenty out there like what they are after, just not me.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Orangetom1999 does not celebrate Valentines Day, Birthdays, Christmas, nor any other Holyday. Orangetom1999 treats every day the same. Orangetom 1999 is not interested in man made Holydays, traditions, nor Customs.

Once I wised up years ago and realized what a consumerism treadmill this is I decided to step off this train wreck and go my own way.

I don't mind buying presents for a woman if she is worthy..and I have met a number of women who are indeed worthy and not high maintenance or of "entitlement" thinking. They may be rare and precious Pearls or a fine wine.but they are out there. Don't give up Guys. You just have to go through alot of chaff to get to the wheat now days. The women find the same thing with the men. To many today are just stamped out xerox copies of some drivel they found on television or in a magazine. High maintenance..both males and females.

Oh..and I will not be observing another Holyday this weekend. I will not be watching the Super Bowl game nor watching the cheerleaders..half time nonsense..nor the products advertised. I have better things to do with my times and monies than this consumer oriented drivel.

I buy a woman gifts because she is.. in my eyes and soul..worthy against other women...or what passes for womanhood now days. I try to choose my gifts from what I think she needs or could use..not necessarily what she desires. I have bought a couple of laptops...of course some jewelry, clothes..or gift cards. I am not so much into flowers and such. But I don't give these women gifts for man made holydays. I give them on other days. That is just me and the way I want it with my monies and with my RISKS taken to earn these monies. And a woman who does not understand this about me and my RISKS is high maintenance. I don't need such an high maintenance woman trying to switch my values, risks, and thinking for hers. Not interested in this.

I don't care for the "trying out " aspect of these Holydays. Like trying out for a woman's approval. I don't believe in such tryouts. This gives a cheap merchandising aspect to these days. I am just not into this.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

You make an excellent post, mate, and I can't disagree with you on too much that you have said.

I think that genuine feeling is expressed by actions and intent, rather than a superficial display on a date in the calender, designated by society.

Valentine's Day is an entertaining experience for the ''young'uns'' and the older children ( eg. grown-up romantics
) but it's all so plastic, commercial and cheap...

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

Oh for heavens sake; I see no reason to offended by that; it was a joke and certainly I perceive NO advocating rape expressed or implied in it.

Valentines' Day has a rich and wonderful history it is only recently that it became such a marketing ploy. For me, I'd just as soon people not spend money they can't afford on stuff that isn't really needed. Express love year round by according each other mutual respect. I find it silly when men say they hate women or women say they hate men.........why in the world would you want to hate half the population when the really vast majority don't know you and certainly have done nothing to you.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gallopinghordes

gallopinghordes,

For me, I'd just as soon people not spend money they can't afford on stuff that isn't really needed. Express love year round by according each other mutual respect.

While I dont celebrate Valentines day nor any other man made traditional holyday...I can find no fault with this reasoning. Well stated here...well said!!

Thanks for saying this.. and it needs to be said in this manner.

Orangetom

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dbf7240bc9ad.jpg[/atsimg]

The day of DOOM is upon us men!

Be brave, in case you haven't made up your lie yet to get out of whatever chick flick you will be strapped down and forced to watch[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/80681d61d389.jpg[/atsimg] praying for death, I say a tactical retreat to your man cave is in order!

Do not let yourselves fall prey to THIS: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/013d89edc379.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
LOL LOL Whatukno,

I watch a chick flick once in awhile. I just tonight watched "Legends of the Fall" With Brad Pitt, Anthony Hopkins,and Adian Quinn. I like that film alot but consider it sort of a chick flick. Took a woman to see a movie at the theaters awhile back called "Letters to Juliette." It was actually sort of good in a goofy chick way.
Would I go to see it again ..no...but I enjoy watching Legends of the Fall..very much, even in re runs. The photography in Legends of the Fall is first rate. Beautiful background scenery and camera angles.

What I won't watch is sports...with the exception of a good fishing program..that is about as sporty as I care to get. Anything that helps with fishing is ok by me. And that program called "River Monsters" too..though it gets tiring at times but it is about fishing. However..I dont care to catch fish I am not going to eat.

I dont care what chick flick is on ..If I don't want to spend my hard earned monies on it..I am not going to spend...period. I am not interested in a woman substituting her thinking and values on me without some proper consideration for mine. No use for it..I consider it high maintenance. But I will take a woman I respect to a chick flick if the time and schedules allow.

As I stated in a previous post...the proper position of the bathoom seat is not automatically down. If a person is to stupid to look before they leap ..they are high maintenance. Do not attempt to put that guilt trip off on me..not interested in it.

Some chick flicks are ok..but some are pure drivel to me. Same with alot of the Spike channel stuff....pure drivel.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Whiffer Nippets

So raping your wife is OK?

That's a JOKE?

You seemed to have missed the numerous posts above this that mention a consensual, prearranged agreement...
Jeez...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join