It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ad turn.com

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I have been away from ATS for a while, but since I have been back, I have been really surprised at how slow the pages load. Really bad. I just got a new hard drive, and I am a gamer, so I am pretty certain it is not my computer. Its built and configured for speed. While I am waiting for the page to load, the message I get is "Waiting for Adturn.com."

What is this? And is there some way I can change my settings so that this ad site does not make the pages load so slowly? It almost makes ATS un surfable for me. I am a little bit of a speed freak, but even knowing that, and reminding myself to be patient, we are talking dial up load times for pages. There has to be something that can be done.

Please help.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
It stops my computer also.. T&C says you can't block it....They are going tho have to do something about it....It is a pain in the butt !!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I access ATS through ppc and expect slow load times. However , I have had really bad issues for about 2 days now. You aren't the only one experiencing it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

www.turn.com...

What Is Turn?

Turn was founded to bring the efficiencies of search advertising to online display. We are a software and services company with the industry’s only end-to-end platform for delivering the most effective data-driven digital advertising in the world.

Our self-service interface, optimization algorithms, real-time analytics, interoperability, and scalable infrastructure represent the future of media and data management.

The world’s premier advertising agencies and brands use the Turn Platform to harness data to target custom audiences at scale, optimize performance, and globally manage campaigns across inventory sources.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
It stops my computer also.. T&C says you can't block it....They are going tho have to do something about it....It is a pain in the butt !!!

I agree. It's been "dial up" slow since the weekend. I thought I might have downloaded a virus from here. Actually ended getting off Sunday because it was taking forever. It seems like it's just started in the past few days.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Hi, illusions...it started www.abovetopsecret.com... i think. Been horrid since.

Meant to say If I click forums,, it hangs on "waiting for adturn" too with an empty black screen. for a very long time. The login is pretty hoses at times too.

edit on 2/2/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thanks Lucidity. I expect we will be hearing from SO soon. He is probably trying to get an understanding of what is happening before replying. People in the other thread have figured out its the ad thing too. Im sure the company in question didnt sell their services as guaranteed to slow your site down and piss off your users.

(Thanks for link to their site La Rose)

I am all for ATS making money, no question. But if it stayed this slow over the long haul, who would come here? Its like going back in time to the internet stone age with these load times.
edit on 2-2-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I've not noticed any slowdown of pages or loading issues here in the UK, just thought I'd tell you in case it has any relevance not bragging or owt like that.

posted on Feb, 6 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It does seem better today. I was on yesterday morning, and it kept freezing up. I couldn't find the cursor to even log out for a couple of minutes. I finally was able to log off. Wish the site owners would respond, though.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I wish they would too. Its REALLY bad right now, it keeps getting hung up on "Ad meld" atm.

I just wish I knew if there was something I could do to make it not get hung up. And I dont mean "turn off ads" or "block advertising." I would enable MORE advertising if it would just quit ruining my ATS experience. Thats the main reason I asked in the first place, is it my cookie settings? My firewall? My browser? Anything I can do? At all? The load times are ridiculous. A minute or more to load is craziness.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Past two weeks I can't get in a lot of time waiting for AD.TURN.COM as well... horrible!

new topics

top topics

join