It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Senator investigates gun claim in agents death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here is a very interesting chain of events I was made aware of today.

PHOENIX (AP) — A U.S. senator is examining a claim that two guns sold in purchases sanctioned by federal firearms agents were later used in a December shootout that left a Border Patrol agent dead near the Arizona-Mexico border.
Fox news Now I can just imagine how this being quoted from Fox news will bring out the usual crowd of the "faux news" crowd but this is based on a A.P. story and I have quite a few other non-Fox links to back it up.Miami Herald or Forbes Anyway this is very interesting due to one little fact all the sources mention.

In the follow-up letter to Melson, Grassley said an ATF manager in Phoenix questioned an agent who answered questions posed by Grassley staffers about the agency's initiative to reduce the flow of firearms to Mexico. The manager accused the agent of misconduct for his contacts with the judiciary committee, Grassley said.
Forbes
Now I can't vouch for the following links, but they seem to go with what I am aware of regarding Senate Hearings.link 1 Link 2
Seems like there is some very suspicious things going on. I'd like to hear some input from everybody. What could be being hidden I wonder?
edit on 1-2-2011 by hangedman13 because: Bad grammar

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Sounds as though the US Government cops are selling guns to the Mexican outlaws.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Well it seems to be more than that. A agenda is being forwarded.

The BATFE has routinely asked for cooperation from gun dealers to identify suspicious gun purchases. Just as routinely, dealers contact the bureau when they suspect straw purchases are occurring. The allegation now is that the BATFE has instructed dealers to complete those sales and report descriptions of the buyers, but that the agency then failed to prevent those firearms from being smuggled to Mexico. If true, the allegations cast grave doubt on the value of the bureau's new proposal for multiple sales reporting. In December, the BATFE asked the White House to approve a requirement that licensed gun dealers in the border states report multiple sales of semi-automatic rifles larger than .22 caliber that have a detachable magazine, much as dealers now report multiple sales of handguns. The agency claims the move is needed to assist in the efforts to stop gun running into Mexico.
NRA
Is it all for making the big bust to get media attention?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

This sounds very similar to the goings on in Houston a while back.... www.myfoxhouston.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nocents

Thank you for that link! I get the impression that the B.A.T.F. is doing this to justify their existence as part of the Dept of Homeland Security. Make the big busts get your name in the paper and say "look at what we do." It also goes a long way when you ask for funding!

top topics

join