It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Opportunity to Live in Guangzhou, China for a Year. Any Opinions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hey,

So, I recently graduated from college and managed to get an offer from a company in Guangzhou, China. I've lived in the United States for my entire life, and have only left a couple of times to visit a friend in Brazil (once for 2 weeks, and once for a month.) I had a blast both times I went, but those were vacations. If I go to China, I will be working 6 days a week with no vacation time. My degree is in Global Business, and I plan to eventually pursue a career in some type of international consulting, so a year of work experience in China could be very beneficial to my future goals. I'm wondering, though -- are there any Americans on here who have had any experience in China, preferably Guangzhou? If so, how was the "culture shock"? What were the best/worst things about the transition from the US to China? I'd greatly appreciate any input.

Thanks

-Herman

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Herman

Sounds like a great opportunity to experience a different culture and gain knowledge. Dont be scared at all. Remember, just because governments don't play nice, doesn't mean the people act the same way ....
Good luck and have fun ...

join