It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Big Snowstorm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I have to ask this question because of all the hype; While your power is off, if it is off or you're disconnected from the internet, if you do get disconnected, what is the government doing? Are they passing new laws, slipping something through?

I only mention this, because this is winter and it's not like we haven't had it before. There seems to be way to much hype about this and like they say "Don't let a good crisis go to waste," right?

I think it will be very interesting to see what the government passed through while people are disconnected, if they in fact are, from the system. After all, it is hard to focus on government corruption and malfeasance when you have to focus on heat and food to stay alive.

Anyway, I am just thinking that there is way too much hype over this "storm."

Cheers - Dave
edit on 2/1.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: of an added r

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Well I see you are a fellow Canadian, I think I can speak for both the US and Canada on this one.

I think it will be very interesting to see what the government passed through while people are disconnected

I think the current situation in both countries clearly shows the people are already disconnected. We've been asleep at the switch for years. they will use the storm for 24/7 blanket coverage so we don't need to hear about the global revolution that's happening right now. Pass new laws? Nah, they can pass anything they want while we watch, no need to wait.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I thought this was interesting... tribstar.com...

why would "battle scenerios" need to be tested out? and no doubt if troops start going door-to-door the "you can't take my guns" crowd might get the wrong idea, in light of what happened after Hurricane Katrina...hmmm Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Very interesting theory. I don't believe they will use this to sneak any tryannical laws through. I do however totally agree on the hype thing. Right now from what I am seeing outside my window is that this is no worse than any other snowstorm we've been through where I live. If I turn on the TV there are all of these overblown reports of this being a "dire" situation with "potentially" record breaking amounts of snowfall and blizzard like conditions. The key words I hear over and over again that strike me the most is...STAY TUNED FOR THE LATEST UPDATES AND INFORMATION! That's what it is all about. Sensationalism plain and simple to get you to watch the advertising and other propaganda. You are more succeptableto it especially if you are put in a position of fear or anxiety. It works both ways as well. Go to your favorite conspiracy related site and the editorialists and bloggers there will have you cringing and worrying that the powers that be are getting ready to starve you and crash the economy any day now so you better stock up on food and gold now. Both sides play the sensationaIism game. I try to look at everything with a calm sensibility and take action in a measured approach. Everyone who claims to have the best intrest of the nation or your welfare is also trying to seperate you from some cash as well. Nothing is for free and the person who knows what is best for you is you. Take care of yourself and your family and everything will be alright. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStand

I know short posts are discouraged, but I had to say, I really "dig" that avatar - I also find it to be highly ironic given my concern - :O - proof of a conspiracy in less than 5 minutes! I feel gratified!
and for the record my neighbor's house is the wrong house....
edit on 1-2-2011 by mkultraangel because: spelling error derrr

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Interesting theory, I'm in Cali and I'm pretty sure a few clouds is all were going to get so if I hear anything I'll let you know. With the weather mod theory added you could have yourself a full blown conspiracy here. I doubt it though, if they wanted to pass laws, they just do it, after all most of the American people are disconnected with the TV and Internet on and without a cloud over their head.
edit on 1-2-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I just find the whole thing kind of ridiculous. When I was a young kid (5 to 7 years old), we had snowstorms, they dropped so much snow, I remember making snow forts in drifts that were between 6 and 10 feet tall. I remember walking to school and getting stuck up to my chest and another kid in high school pulling me out and he was waist deep in the white stuff. So what has happened here? Have we bred a bunch of sissies?

I go out driving when I have to in some of the worst storms with just snow tires on the car. I had to drive from Syracuse to Binghampton once for a meeting in obscene blowing snow and high winds in the dark at less than 10 mph the whole way following behind trucks doing 10 mph and I was driving a Firebird convertible (V8 and six speed stick of course), I think we know how light in the @ss end those things are and I still made it there and back. People these days seem to get stupid when it snows, three inches means you better have food and supplies for a week or your pooched.

The Russians, Chinese and Al CIAeda must be laughing their @sses off at what they perceive to be the weak little Americans. I honestly have to say that the deliberate demoralization of a populous over snow is aiding and abetting the terrorists, the mass media should be charged for providing material support.

I am not sure if it is the fear driven advertising component to market more crap to people, or if something is about to go seriously amiss in the government, meaning another "freedom/rights" grab. Or maybe it is just a forced acclimatization to make everyone feel helpless (through peer pressure)so the ***nice*** government folks can sort everything out for us without too much public backlash.

I don't know the reason, but I do know something stinks about this like the BP fiasco, like the Obamanator fiasco, like the Climate Change fiasco and like the Bailout fiasco [add your ***likes*** here]. Methinks something evil this way comes and it isn't snow.

Cheers - Dave

PS. It wouldn't take a lot to kill the internet in the US, all they have to do is knock out Mae East or Mae West or their equivalent maingate hubs. Actually, I think they would go for Mae East in Atlanta as that would kill the entire eastern coast and cripple communications between Atlanta and LA. They don't even have to break it, all they have to do is say it's broken, the power went off and the gennies failed, oops, having a dictatorial moment.
edit on 2/1.2011 by bobs_uruncle because: added another paragraph

new topics

top topics

join