It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News : Federal Judge Rules ObamaCare Unconstitutional (Updated: Gibbs Video Added)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Judge Henry E. Hudson ruled Monday for the state’s claim that the requirement for people to purchase health care exceeds the power of Congress under the Constitution’s Commerce Clause.

pajamasmedia.com...

Well , at least the Rule of LAW is Still being used in my Beloved Country . From the start , most of us knew Obamacare Crossed a Line that the American People would not Except . Now it is up to our so called Elected Leaders in Washington to propose an Alternative to Obamacare that will ensure Fairness in the ability to receive decent Healthcare Coverage in this Country . Stay Tuned..............

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
yes! they made the analogy that it's like the Obama administration making all of us Americans buy tea AND pay a tax on it, so in a way, what they are trying to do to us NOW is actually worse than what the British were trying to do so many years ago.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

I haven't had a chance to get to Pajamas yet today.

Too much popcorn to eat and so little time.
I still have not even broken out the pudding yet.

Quick scan of the article, Gibbs has begun an attempt to create a NEW NARRATIVE. They are attempting to frame the individual mandate as INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY!

George Orwell is laughing his arse off right now.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
If Obama's Fascist plan is allowed to pass, next they will pass laws like demanding that every family purchases 2 lbs. of Broccoli a week because it's good for you. This is a slippery slope when the government tells you what you will purchase.

In addition, giving the IRS more power to invade the sanctity of our private lives, is enough to make me riot.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

I have faith the fascist autocrats in the federal supreme court will see to it that federal power remains total and absolute.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Oops...this is from the Florida Case I believe...but still relevant to the post.

I love the White House spin on this too.

From the Washington Times

White House officials said that sort of “surpassingly curious reading” called into question Judge Vinson‘s entire ruling.

“There’s something thoroughly odd and unconventional about the analysis,” said a White House official who briefed reporters late Monday afternoon, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

This is in reference to the analogy the judge made, which was:

Judge Vinson hypothesized that, under the Obama administration‘s legal theory, the government could mandate that all citizens eat broccoli.

It is a damn good analogy. At what point do we actually impose congressional limits of power? Do we continue down the path of unfettered and relentless control of the people or do we let the people be free?
edit on 1-2-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xinthose

My bad , article was outdated . A Judge in Florida did rule against it though on Mon.the 31st .

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

I haven't had a chance to get to Pajamas yet today.

Too much popcorn to eat and so little time.
I still have not even broken out the pudding yet.

Quick scan of the article, Gibbs has begun an attempt to create a NEW NARRATIVE. They are attempting to frame the individual mandate as INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY!

George Orwell is laughing his arse off right now.

Ya between their double speak and and the TEA double speak - that's some exponential speak

We should call the Koch Bro, buy some tour buses and have a "grass" "roots" "movement"

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Screw you "Madame"

:
edit on 1-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

That first Video says it All . Nancy and " We " the Minority Dictators of the State who don't Give a Damn what the People Think..................
:m ad:

join