It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwarka, India 12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Good thread.

line 2.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hmm...interesting, the city looks almost like how a shopping district is set up, this will give more credibility to the Hindu stories about Krishna, at least this is proof of a very old tradition.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]

Originally posted by zorgon

...Such notions are, of course, vehemently rejected by establishment scientists though they are willing to concede that there is evidence indicating an age of as much as 3500 years.

Furthermore, why is it so important that the truth never be discussed?
edit on 31-1-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

Sometimes its the political BS within a nation that prevents such discussions or expeditions with attitude being we know we are intellingent so why spend money on the dead or past. Many times its the case of corruption where the funding for such programs and studies is simply divided amongst the corrupted individuals. I'm sure there is a lot of history to be uncovered throughout the world and a lot remains to be documented before we get a brief handle around the entire human race and the multiple branches of civilizations that sprung out from the past.

However the above is definitely a good find for the Indian Archaeological Team (if they are affiliated in anyway).
edit on 23-3-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Any further update or news ?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Any further update or news ?

I'm wondering the same thing?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Not much yet... but I have been busy. This is stuff dates 2007...

Dwaraka Update (1)

Medieval age structure and objects found in Dwarka

The recovery of structural remains of medieval age by underwater wing of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) off the coast of this pilgrim town has once again raised hopes of the discovery of Lord Krishna’s legendary city of Dwarka that is reported to have submerged.
The recent off-shore excavation by ASI has revealed a structure of stone blocks with post holes to fit wood. Moreover, the team excavating the area have found coins, pottery, pieces of bangles and toys.
Alok Tripathi of the ASI said that the excavation near the northern gate of Dwarkadish temple has revealed some structural remains of medieval age. Officials said that the discovery is an important landmark as it set to rest the doubts expressed by historians about the very existence of the legendary Dwarka city

varnam.org...

Original posting...

India Times

To bring to surface Dwarka's past, ASI to dig in deep & in the deeps
Express News Service
Posted: Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Marine archaeological explorations off Dwarka by the NIO have thrown up a large number of randomly scattered stone structures. Semicircular, rectangular or square in shape, the structures are found at depths ranging inter-tidal zone to 6 m. A number of stone anchors have also been unearthed, which suggest that Dwarka was once a busy port. A comparative study with surrounding sites indicates that the structures date back to somewhere between the historical and the late medieval periods.

cities.expressindia.com...

I guess I will have to try and contact ASI. I will ask Mike Singh to do it as he lives there. A local that speaks the language should get better info

They do have a website
the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI)
asi.nic.in...
edit on 25-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks, thats great. I wonder why more information hasn't been let out since then?

Just a note, they said "remains of medieval age". Do they mean that they are dated to the medieval period? That would indicate that this city is much younger then Dwarka. As far as I know Dwarka was an ancient city that 'sank' when the epics were written. If people were still inhabiting this city in the medieval period then it can't be Dwarka.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Topsy_Cret

This is an excellent find for many reasons.

Originally posted by zorgon
Göbekli Tepe, Turkey Discovery of 12,000 Year Old temple Complex Could Alter Theory of Human Development
Does that date not crop up in Atlantis theories and The Giza Pyramid date used by non main stream thought?
Odd that huh?

Agreed. With all of these really old sites appearing to be from the same time is seems to me that the world was much different then what we think. I also think that it is interesting these site are still here. After watching a few episodes of "Life after people" on the discovery channel, I've learned that most of the structures we have will not last more than a few hundred years. These people made cities that survived much longer, in this case even underwater. Imagine how long a modern city would last submerged in saltwater. Did these peoples have the foresight to use solid rock to build or was it just simply what they had and got lucky.

Perhaps in ten thousand yrs - Archeologists of the time will be re-discovering stonehenge and the pyramids and wondering who built them after all traces of our scyscrapers and motorways have crumbled to dust and rust.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Two awesome threads to continue this research...

Must reads in my opinion :up

24 Km Long Underwater Wall in India Is At Least 8000 Years Old
www.abovetopsecret.com...

India: An Aryan Conspiracy, Ancient Technology and Secret Brotherhoods

Adding this older one for reference

The History of the World According to the Ancient Vedic Scriptures
edit on 1-12-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for the update (3 new links).

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: filosophia
Hmm...interesting, the city looks almost like how a shopping district is set up, this will give more credibility to the Hindu stories about Krishna, at least this is proof of a very old tradition.

Oh yes I think there is an unbelievable amount of evidence that all of the ancient Gods were real people before the flood, but it is still a question as to who the people were, and especially an outer space connection. I personally (after studying extensively) have come to the believe that the people who built the pyramids had a connection to mars, and logically there wouldn't have been an advanced civilization that came from before ancient times on earth, it would more likely to have visited earth because of the way primitive civilization on earth portrayed the events by writing on walls and the Sumerian connection. We know that Sitchin fabricated things, but there are others claiming the root of his translations are true. In that case we have people coming down in a UFO, and remember how UFOs have forced there way into our recent culture.

Here is a picture displaying where the pyramids were during the great flood, but like some others I believe the pyramids and sphinx were built before the flood, possibly long before the flood.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Where in the OP does it state 12,000 years old? I can't watch the videos so I admittingly have questions as to the authenticity of the dating aspect.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
Where in the OP does it state 12,000 years old? I can't watch the videos so I admittingly have questions as to the authenticity of the dating aspect.

This is so incredible. That people are turning a blind eye to complete physical truth, and the governments do want to keep us in ignorance.

There is more than 'the temple of Lord Krishna' under the water over there. The town is called Dwarka in all the beliefs of the culture but they don't want to discover that it is a reality! There is another stone monument miles down from the temple, this smaller monument is the one that would have been on the surface 12,000 years ago. But to say that everything else in the area is 9,000 years old is nonsense, because that is like saying that it was all scrambled and built directly before the flood. The obvious fact is that it was there before the great flood, even Wiki agrees that.

posted on Jun, 2 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Six posts up on this page:

The recovery of structural remains of medieval age by underwater wing of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) off the coast of this pilgrim town has once again raised hopes of the discovery of Lord Krishna’s legendary city of Dwarka that is reported to have submerged.

The most ancient Vedic literature, which date to around 1500 BC, are only songs/poems/hymns/charms (mantras), most of which are actually magic spells or songs of praise that are to be recited by priests and worshipers.

So, no, Dwaraka is not 12,000 years old.

Harte

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
i am confused about the dates 12000 years back......
in hindu mythology lord RAMA lived 7000 years back (according to lunar calendar in ancient india). it also proved with the help of nala sethu or rama sethu between india and sreelanka.( now it is under water). by calculating years for rising of water level we will get an approximate age of 7000 years.
but lord krishna lived after that yuga. according to ancient indian calendar it is 5000 years back. but here it is saying 12000 years no never...
ref.... www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

you are totally mistaken......
all vedas and upnishath exist before that don't speculate theory like aryan invasion in india........

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunmadhavannair
i am confused about the dates 12000 years back......
in hindu mythology lord RAMA lived 7000 years back (according to lunar calendar in ancient india). it also proved with the help of nala sethu or rama sethu between india and sreelanka.( now it is under water). by calculating years for rising of water level we will get an approximate age of 7000 years.
but lord krishna lived after that yuga. according to ancient indian calendar it is 5000 years back. but here it is saying 12000 years no never...
ref.... www.youtube.com...

The sunken city sank during the Medieval period - that's between the 7th Century and 18th Century for India.

Sorry, but there's just no question of this. Artifacts, you know.

Also, the Vedas date to around 1500 BC. And that was when the oral tradition began. The written form came much, much later in the Post-Vedic period, likely as late as around the 1st Century A.D. but the oral tradition persisted for a millennium after that.

The religion itself makes fantastic claims, but they are not borne out by the facts on hand. Similarly for most religions, including the Abrahamic ones.

Harte

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=10463299][davinci][/post]

Our recorded history is merely a glimmer in time if you consider how long the earth has been in existence. Hypothetically, if our civilization were to come to an abrupt end, our momuments and structures would scarcely last a few hundred years. The geological make-up of our planet was different then, event as recently as 8000 years ago and much of it is now beneath the oceans. There is also evidence of the earth warming up beyond our recorded history; was it a natural phenomenon or the consequence of advanced technology? It is difficult to know for sure.

For instance, in the Mesozoic Era, the population of dinosaurs was probably in the billions but we have only come across very few complete fossilized specimens. The Romans or Greeks would have never truly considered that their civilization would come to an end. In their minds back then, human civilization was at its pinnacle. Such is also the case with us (most of us anyway).

The fact remains that much of history is unknown and we are perhaps rediscovering many things. Since propoganda and dogma are miring objectivity in the rare instances that we do come across something fascinating. If it defies the established dogma then it is labelled a hoax.

edit on 28-8-2022 by Leonardo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Leonardo01
Hypothetically, if our civilization were to come to an abrupt end, our momuments and structures would scarcely last a few hundred years.

Howdy Leonardo

Nope our civilization would be detectable millions of years in the future. A great deal of what we make or modified will survive an extremely long time; disturbance of the soil will last until the crust is destroyed that means km long tunnels in granite mountains will be there quite some time, gold objects, stone tools (going back 3 million years - being rocks they last a LONG time), cut gems, glass, bricks, ceramic, some plastics. Use of resources, large mines, quarries and hundreds of thousands of well and oil drilled holes, items in space, pollution in sediments and ice and of course cut stone. The pyramids will resist erosion for hundreds of thousands of years.

The fact remains that much of history is unknown and we are perhaps rediscovering many things. Since propoganda and dogma are miring objectivity in the rare instances that we do come across something fascinating. If it defies the established dogma then it is labelled a hoax.

Then why is archaeological history constantly changing? Why were Catalhuyuck and Gobelki Tepe accepted? People in the Americas before Clovis? Multiple species of mankind?

edit on 28/8/22 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: greyer

This is so incredible. That people are turning a blind eye to complete physical truth, and the governments do want to keep us in ignorance.

There is more than 'the temple of Lord Krishna' under the water over there. The town is called Dwarka in all the beliefs of the culture but they don't want to discover that it is a reality! There is another stone monument miles down from the temple, this smaller monument is the one that would have been on the surface 12,000 years ago. But to say that everything else in the area is 9,000 years old is nonsense, because that is like saying that it was all scrambled and built directly before the flood. The obvious fact is that it was there before the great flood, even Wiki agrees that.

are those trees i see
in the last 3 pics?

interesting stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join