It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dwarka, India 12,000 Year Old City of Lord Krishna Found

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Of course, more evidence that our planet goes through a natural cycle in which the pole shift will create mass destruction.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

imo, think much thinking encountered on this and related threads is hindered by inadequate conceptions of the "ice ages". please read velikovsky's EARTH IN UPHEAVAL! would like to see more people in these forums take the effort and responsibility for rethinking their basic premises. attack EIU all you like, but explore the territory! the ball is in your court!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by boxturtle
imo, think much thinking encountered on this and related threads is hindered by inadequate conceptions of the "ice ages".

Hmmm really? Well let me give em a conception then

For 420,000 years Lake Vostok has been covered with ice... So if you were to drill down and take core samples, you would have a very accurate picture of the global temperatures over say 415,000 years. Ice core samples don't lie...

Hope that helps

PS: I would stock up on warm clothes and blanket, maybe put in a wood burning stove and lay in some firewood. I did

edit on 1-2-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

please read velikovsky's EARTH IN UPHEAVAL! would like to see more people in these forums take the effort and responsibility for rethinking their basic premises.

rethink but based on what.....an unproven theory? Not attacking EIU as it was a good read but hardly a fact.

I watched Predator the other night but I am not rethinking my status as big game for alien sport hunters...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Nice thread, it seems that since the last time this was discussed on ATS, they have manged to advance their knowledge of this site. If this city is 12 thousand years old, then it would be 3 thousand years older than the oldest city found in Anatolia.

turkiyya.com...

Neolithic Age (8000 - 5500 B.C.)
This period indicates a new step in the history of mankind with the development of the established and settled societies, and in the production of foodstuffs. Anatolia, again, offers the most comprehensive sites in the world for this age group in the Çayönü, Hacilar, Çatalhöyük and Köşkhöyük excavation sites.
The Çayönü settlement, which is not far from the city of Diyarbakir, was unearthed by the expedition teams under the direction of Cambel, Braidwood, Mehmet Özdogan, Wulf umbrellas, and it is dated back to 7250 - 6750 BC In the middle The settlement is a center, and around him are monumental, rectangular structures and houses. The formation of the structures are made of stone, and in this are the sun dried bricks. The inhabitants of Cayonu are the first farmers in Anatolia.

3,000 is a huge time gap. There must be numerous other cities that have yet to be found.

I don't know why people are claiming that these people were as advanced then, technologically, than we are now. If they had been as advanced as we are, they would have survived such a flood. They would have known it happened as soon as it happened, and would have had some time to respond.

I am guessing that the reason these flood waters came so quickly, as described in the stories, is because of an asteroid strike in Canada, that is being theorized as melting a massive glacier, causing world wide flooding. Is this is what they are claiming is the cause of a huge and sudden flood? Of course the third video shows a gradual rise in the oceans, meaning that the people would have had plenty of time to leave, and build other cities.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

3,000 is a huge time gap. There must be numerous other cities that have yet to be found.

I don't know why people are claiming that these people were as advanced then, technologically, than we are now. If they had been as advanced as we are, they would have survived such a flood. They would have known it happened as soon as it happened, and would have had some time to respond.

I am guessing that the reason these flood waters came so quickly, as described in the stories, is because of an asteroid strike in Canada, that is being theorized as melting a massive glacier, causing world wide flooding. Is this is what they are claiming is the cause of a huge and sudden flood? Of course the third video shows a gradual rise in the oceans, meaning that the people would have had plenty of time to leave, and build other cities.

Well you say they didnt survive such a flood... maybe they did. Such an advanced civilization could have achieved anything. And now they dont live with us but instead observe. Think about it, Indigenous people we try our best to leave alone but we can monitor them from the skys. Such as pictures within the last few days released of some in Brazil. Every time there is a major event on earth, UFO's appear days before it happens. Such as the tsunami, UFO's were being reported days before it happened.

www.indiadaily.com...

Also during the Iceland volcano that caused chaos across Europe, there were reports of UFO's days before and also images of a triangler craft very close to it.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

As usual, always great news from you, Zorgon

S&F.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by daveyboy1991

I guess it is possible, like in Asimov's Foundation series, where there was a secret foundation, who manipulated things from behind the scenes. Maybe they moved to California, where the Native Americans reported an advance civilization living in the mountains east of Death Vally, and up in Mt Shasta. Maybe they tapped into the universe in more esoteric ways.

However, there is no evidence that this civilization was as technically advance as we currently are, nor is there evidence of huge cities like we currently have, all over the globe. I watched that series on what would happen to our cities should humanity disappear, and the belief is that our sky scrapers would still be standing a thousand years later.

If we find find dinosaur bones, and even skin, from millions of years ago, then there would be massive amounts of evidence available, if 10,000 years ago, there were cities like New York all over the planet.

What this find does seem to demonstrate, is that as long as 12,000 years ago, humans were building large cities. This is still pretty amazing, and if further confirmed, will rewrite our view of ancient history.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

would like to know how the ice core 'said' 420,000 yrs. i'm sure ice cores don't lie. nor do chicken entrails or hockey sticks.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Nice thread, it seems that since the last time this was discussed on ATS, they have manged to advance their knowledge of this site. If this city is 12 thousand years old, then it would be 3 thousand years older than the oldest city found in Anatolia.

I was thinking more specifically Göbekli Tepe

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34554a867cbc.jpg[/atsimg]
Göbekli Tepe

It’s sometimes called the "Turkish Stonehenge,” but archaeologists now believe the Neolithic temple at Göbekli Tepe in southeastern Turkey dates to as early as 10,000 BC, or about 7,000 years earlier than its more famous British counterpart.

According to Archaeology magazine, Göbekli Tepe is the oldest manmade place of worship yet discovered. Its most striking features are dozens of megalithic pillars placed in circles. The megaliths, which may have once supported roofs, are about nine feet tall.

Well two things come to mind, First off many believe as do I that there wasn't a "Massive global deluge" More than likely there was massive coastal flooding [ Due to the remainder of the Ice Age melt off ] world wide and at several points in human prehistory which has possibly been told to us from many locations from around the world through myths and legends.

Second, I feel many are confusing the term [Advanced] with the modern worlds level of technological achievements. I've struggled with the proper way to describe this possible scenario by describing it more along the lines of a Slightly advanced Megalithic period in human prehistory. Unlike Graham Hancock, I do not believe there was once a "Advanced Global Society" but more along the lines of several Slightly advanced Megalithic coastal locations around the Earth where man had advanced to several varying levels of human development separately with many locations the [Bulk of which] were humans still living very primitively. Why not?

We've seen in our present day known human history around the world of several of the "Cradle civilizations" developing at different speeds. For example Ancient China vs The Olmecs of Central America. There is a 4 or 5 thousand year gap between the two yet they were both on their way...

So whose to say that what we do know of the earliest in recorded human history of civilization [Which now only goes back to 9 or 10 thousand BC] Whose to say that there wasn't ancient ice age melt-off coastal City states that were 4 to 5 thousand years ahead of say the Indus valley, Egypt, Sumeria and or China?

The "Asteroid Theory" if true could have been the coup de grâce. In any case look at the modern world for example if there wasn't enough time to avoid flooding we wouldn't break down, pack up and move the Eiffel tower or the Empire State building. We'd pack up what we could and move inland and or up to higher ground.

In primitive mans eyes [Their whole world flooded] and they had to start all over from scratch. AGAIN.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b6767f2ce164.png[/atsimg]
edit on 2-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yess, I would say you make a lot of sense. That is how I tend to view the situation.

I have this panoramic Atlas of Earth, which I like to look at often. Between Thailand, Sumatra, and Borneo is all shallow seas of less than 200 ft depth. Between Vietnam and China, the North China sea, and the Yellow sea are all less than 200 feet in depth. That is a huge amount of area where ancient civilizations could have existed during the ice age. It also seems very possible that the Persian Gulf could be hiding an ancient civilization.

Most of Europe was under glaciers, but there might be something under the Bay of Biscay. Africa, nor the Americas have such large areas of shallow seas the way that Eastern Asia has.

I would think that find Dwarka indicates that there are probably several of these ancient cities located near where the ancient shores used to be.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Zorgon was nice enough to link to a couple of my threads that touch on that possibility in his OP.

Worth the read if you haven't already done so....
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1 - 22-9-2009
Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2 - 15-9-2010

I'll post some pics of what you're describing. The lighter color blue have the possibility of being exposed dry land during the discussed period.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3cc6c6ffe5e8.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e804997d1e34.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boxturtle
would like to know how the ice core 'said' 420,000 yrs. i'm sure ice cores don't lie. nor do chicken entrails or hockey sticks.

Well if you REALLY want to know...

start here

Ice Core Data Sets
www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Ice Core

The length of the record depends on the depth of the sample and varies from a few years up to 800 thousand years.

A sample from the right site can be used to reconstruct an uninterrupted and detailed climate record extending over hundreds of thousands of years, providing information on a wide variety of aspects of climate at each point in time. These are a powerful tool in paleoclimate research.

www.global-greenhouse-warming.com...

But somehow I doubt you will even read the links

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ancient Sea Levels North America, Cretaceous

North America during the late Cretaceous

SOURCE: www.oceansofkansas.com...

Courtesy of the Paleontology Portal

Courtesy of the Paleontology Portal

w3.salemstate.edu...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Ancient Sea levels North America, Jurassic

North America Jurassic Seaway

Sedimentary Rocks

Excerpt:

All the Paleozoic periods should be known now: Time Scale

As was mentioned in the introduction, one of the distinctive features sedimentary rocks is that they are stratified or "layered". Sedimentary rocks are formed through a special sequence of events. the products of weathering are the typical materials from which sedimentary rocks are made, that is ions in solution, clay minerals and resistant minerals or unweathered fragments. These materials are eroded, transported, and sedimented. They are transported by mainly by rivers, but also by the wind, waves, currents, glaciers, gravity (mudflows, landslides), etc. Then they are compacted, dehydrated and often cemented.
Sedimentary rocks make up about 75% of the surface of the continents even though they make up only a small part of the continental crust. Many times in the past the continents have been covered by shallow, warm seas which deposited thick sequences of sediments.

The environment of sedimentation can usually be determined. Sediments are deposited in a variety of depositional environments such as river channels, flood plains, deltas, sand dunes & alluvial fans as well as lakes, swamps and estuaries. Marine environments include beaches, shallow marine, deep marine, reefs, bays

SOURCE: www.alancolville.com...

Worldwide Jurassic Seas

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Thanks for posting those but this one here is the one that I'm more interested in. This period is well within the realm of "Modern Humans"

There has been some speculation that the Persian gulf was either much smaller or much younger than previously thought, meaning dry land that was flooded at or around 8,000 to 10,000 BC. Here's a link. I don't care for the bible connection part but more interested in the real science behind it.

Ancient Desert Oasis Echoes Eden

The waters of the Persian Gulf may cover one of humanity's oldest and largest footholds outside Africa -- according to archeologist Jeffery Rose in this month's issue of Current Anthropology.

A verdant oasis provided a sanctuary the size of Great Britain for humans from at least 74,000 years ago until 8,000 years ago. The Gulf Oasis, as the area is called, provided a refuge from the harsh deserts created by the Ice Age.

Humans may have inhabited southern Arabia for more than 100,000 years. While researchers previously considered the area a corridor between Africa and Eurasia, evidence from the Gulf Oasis shows humans used the coast region to create homesteads and survive dry spells while independently developing cultures and technologies. Archeologists find evidence of this in distinctively Arabian stone working techniques, Rose reports.

And then there is this little gem

Ancient Arabian Artifacts May Rewrite 'Out of Africa' Story

Artifacts dating back at least 100,000 years unearthed in the Arabian desert might be evidence of the first step our lineage took in our march across the globe. These new findings suggest modern humans first left Africa by at least 40,000 years earlier than researchers had expected, which could rewrite our understanding of ancient sites elsewhere on the planet.

Anatomically modern humans first arose about 200,000 years ago in Africa. When and how our lineage then dispersed out of Africa has long proven controversial, but past evidence had suggested an exodus along the Mediterranean Sea or Arabian coast some 60,000 years ago.

Now, an ancient toolkit of stone hand axes, scrapers and perforators discovered by an international team of researchers at a site in the United Arab Emirates suggests modern humans arrived in eastern Arabia as early as 125,000 years ago.

"Our findings should stimulate a re-evaluation of the means by which we modern humans became a global species," said researcher Simon Armitage at the University of London.

edit on 2-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Have you seen this video?

www.youtube.com...

This throws a monkey wrench into our entire view of physics. Another poster gave this link in another thread, but I can't remember the posters name.

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
perhaps relevant to the discussion on this thread is the Oranteus Finaeus map(1531) illustrated in Charles H. Hapgood's MAPS OF THE ANCIENT SEA KINGS-EVIDENCE OF ADVANCED CIVILIZATION IN THE ICE AGE. This map shows rivers and mountains, the existence of which was supported by IGY(1958) drilling through the ice cover as discussed in the book. Finaeus should perhaps not be judged too harshly, because his map predates ice age theory by more than 300 years.
edit on 3-2-2011 by boxturtle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by boxturtle

That would be this one...

www.theastralworld.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I notice on the map, North America seems to be missing. However and Australia as well. I wonder if anyone has tried to authenticate this map.

I wonder if there is any correlation between this map and the growing planet video.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join