It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't take a little critisim?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Honestly I am only writing this post because of a 402 on a post titled (((THIS SITE SUCKS)))
Now I am assuming the contents of this post broke some rule .
And No i think this site is good and again you probably had a good reason to delete that post .
Or is it you just can't take a little criticism ?
Lololol still have to admit deleting a post titled (this site sucks makes it look as if you cant take it lolol.
Ps this post is done in light hearted amusement .
Pss delete it if you want lol .taht delete still made me smile ty lol

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxcalbier
Honestly I am only writing this post because of a 402 on a post titled (((THIS SITE SUCKS)))

Posts that violate the Terms and Conditions of the site which everybody agrees too when they join are subject to removal and/or corrective action by the staff. Trust me in almost 7 years here there is nothing I havent seen but I am always perplexed as to why a few simply cannot follow the simple rules of civility and decorum required here at ATS

Cheers

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
yea i figered it was someone being rude .
still it did seam funny lol ps i been coming here for like 7 years my self and have always enjoyed this site .
and also think in general you mods do a fine job

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Posts that violate the Terms and Conditions of the site which everybody agrees too when they join are subject to removal and/or corrective action by the staff. Trust me in almost 7 years here there is nothing I havent seen but I am always perplexed as to why a few simply cannot follow the simple rules of civility and decorum required here at ATS

Cheers

Man, the T&C nonsense gets thrown around here all too often by mods and stuff to get around many situations. Nobody takes them seriously - hell, nobody even reads them. It's just stupid. It's a forum where people discuss a bunch of news articles from other sites or make threads about stuff they've found out, not getting a freakin' loan from a bank.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Whine Flu because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by Whine Flu because: # off

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Whine Flu

You mean we can't get the mods to loan us money here?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
to quell all your fears i know exactly why the poster of the thread in question posted his thread, and why it was 404'd.

said poster was in chat and posted some naughty stuff in chat, it was obviously against the t and c's. he got kicked from chat, rightfully so. he then came and made a thread here in bbq.

the poster had no right to "a little criticism" in this instance, at all. and he deserved what he got. if it had been me i would just be happy i wasn't banned for what was said.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The zealotry expressed by some mods at this site make me think this is, somewhat ironically given the nature of this site, the most overly moderated forum I've ever been party to quite honestly. Truth is, if you question ATS and/or its policies you will probably be subject to some of the more heavy handed moderation that you're likely to experience on the internet.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

"heavy-handed moderation"....

I keep hoping, waiting, praying...that I will get a heavy-handed bare-bottom spanking from one of the ATS mods.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whine Flu
Man, the T&C nonsense gets thrown around here all too often by mods and stuff to get around many situations. Nobody takes them seriously - hell, nobody even reads them. It's just stupid. It's a forum where people discuss a bunch of news articles from other sites or make threads about stuff they've found out, not getting a freakin' loan from a bank.
edit on 30-1-2011 by Whine Flu because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-1-2011 by Whine Flu because: # off

I really disagree with what you said here. The T & C are here for a reason, and whether anyone here agrees with them, abding by them gives you the priviledge of posting here. Thats right it is a priviledge. We all have agreed to the TnC and shouldnt be surprised or even slightly annoyed when corrective action is taken when they are violated.
At the end of the day everyone here is responsible for their own posts, and the mods here do an excellent job in dealing with what many times barely even reaches sophomoric behavior. I have no problem with any of the TnC, I read them before I ever posted,, agreed that they were for a good cause, and attempt to follow them the best that I can. I actually think that the mods should be a little more heavy handed in certain threads, the civility and decorum here has certainly ecome a huge issue lately.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
any criticism of the site is usually taken very personally by the administrators, i can understand why, but sometimes also the reactions from them can be quite childish, for example I am 100 percent ignored by the admin these days. was excluded from competitions, cant even get an email out of them. i assume it is because i have criticized the site several times.

what really annoyed me though was working four hours on a photoshop piece to ats specifications for a background competition and being totally ignored, the thread was 4 pages long you couldn't have missed me, i even sent it to them. i dont understand why.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
we have rules. they're here for a variety of reasons and, when folks sign up and ignore them, we are, at first, rather forgiving (in most cases) but, when they continue to ignore the rules, we don't take it lightly.

Imagine, if you will, inviting over a group of people and asking them to not smoke, to put a coaster under their drink and to flush the toilet when they're done, only to find out your cat has been violated, someone dropped a load on your kitchen floor and put their smokes out on your pillow.

yes, it's an exaggeration but this is our home, we set up the rules and we expect our members to follow them. Truth is, the reason runs so smoothly, why the debates and discussions can stretch on for days and weeks is because of those rules. Because we don't allow our members to run amok on the forums, we have civility, which, believe it or not, seems to be enjoyed by 99% of the members and visitors.

Unfortunately, the 1% who don't abide by the rules cause 99% of the staff's problems.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

so you got 99 problems?.....
edit on 4-2-2011 by MR BOB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

True Dat Z

Lug

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

And No i think this site is good and again you probably had a good reason to delete that post .
Or is it you just can't take a little criticism ?
Lololol still have to admit deleting a post titled (this site sucks makes it look as if you cant take it lolol.
Ps this post is done in light hearted amusement .
Pss delete it if you want lol .taht delete still made me smile ty lol

Here's some lighthearted amusement for you.

How about grabbing your mouse by the tail and dragging it to the log out button because the constant whining about every action that the mods take here is getting really tiresome. These kind of threads only show how immature some people are.

Yeah... immature.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Threads like that are just a breeding ground for trolls and drama. Now, if that OP had went through the proper channels and been a little more professional about his concerns; i'm willing to bet he would have been heard.

-B

new topics

top topics

join