It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Charge to Freemasons, from Ben Franklin, through Grand Master of Florida...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This Video was distributed from the Grand Master of Florida through his District Deputy Grand Masters.

This is a Charge to Freemasons, and it tells the "true secret" of Masonry. Here are a few key excerpts.

A Charge To The Fraternity by Benjamin Franklin, starring Richard Easton Grand Lodge Ancient Free and Accepted Masons of Portugal

It’s been said that human happiness comes from the smallest of improvements so that he who can affect positive change even by a simple kindness adds wealth to the common stock of humanity.

We use tools of measurement because Freemasonry believes a man’s greatness can be measured. Not by his wealth or fame, but by his deeds, his character, his truth, his tolerance, his charity, his trust, his friendship, his love for his fellow creatures.

Now…as to the great secret of Freemasonry, it is actually found in the unconscious of each person. It is discovered by each individual for himself. Mason or not; as he comes to know himself, and finds the road that takes him to his city. Because the real secret of Freemasonry is finding out who you are.

I thought the Masons would enjoy this piece, the non-Masons would find it educational, and the anti-Masons would read some interesting things into it that I hadn't thought of yet. Therefore it seemed threadworthy and interesting. Here ya go:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

As to the great secret of Freemasonry, it’s actually found in the unconscious of the person...the real secret of freemasonry is finding out who you are.

Sounds to me like he is trying to say that masons are artists, which I suppose they may be, in a more mathematical sense than inspirational. There certainly is a spiritual element about freemasonry, which he here impresses upon in implying that it is a soul journey. Every religion or belief system promises the answers, and it sounds to me that this is a similar pitch.

For the record, I have no particular like or dislike for freemasons in general.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
An interesting video and star and flag for the effort my friend.

I have as of late more and more questions regarding things like the Golden Mean, ancient geometry based on the starting point of one, and composite materials that are ideal for resonating energies found in nature, I would be deeply grateful to know more about from any of the Brothers who might be so kind and care to share information along these lines.

I think it's awsome that Masons have taken an interest here in ATS and provide us all an opportunity to share with them.

Thanks so much for inviting me to check out the thread, and congradulations on your joining the fine staff here at ATS my friend.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
I have as of late more and more questions regarding things like the Golden Mean…

Indeed. I mean,
φ^2 = φ+1
and
1/φ=φ-1
∴ φ=φ^2-1=(φ+1)/φ
What the φuck?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

S & F and thanks, get,

I think that a lot of the mistrust of Freemasons comes from ignorance, and what we do not understand, we fear.

I think I am a Freemason actually - I agree with and try to follow what they teach, anyway.

I don't know what the big secrecy thing is, though.

Wouldn't they achieve more if they were more outspoken?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Enjoyable video. My only issue with it is the claim that "G" stands for God, rather than "Geometry." That's a specifically English-speaking bias. The word for God starts with a "D" in most other European languages... (Deus, dios, dio, dei, dieu, ...)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
I don't know what the big secrecy thing is, though.

Wouldn't they achieve more if they were more outspoken?
Actions speak louder than words... What's better, to do something today? Or brag about what you did yesterday?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Free Masons...

On one plane of perception they all in unison proclaim their sins joyfully, so joyfully in fact it can be instead be said by some that it's actually the joy of mockery... knowing all too well that the wages sin pays is death, where for them an abode awaits for them to await the trumpets of ressurection. A ticket to play, beyond a mere mortal speculation. He who dies wicked, now proclaimed innocent by death, yet in life beforehand a most predatory fellow.

On another plane of perception they all in unis on proclaim to be doing God's work by enriching their fellow man. No, not that man, he's not a fellow, let alone a gentleman. That's one of the gentiles, a heathen sub human evolving right before your very eyes. We must accord it the repect as we would all of God's creatures, but too, we must remember that God commanded us to dominate the creation, wherefore we shall clothe it, feed it, shelter it, and work it. They were created for our pleasure, to be dominated. And so Caesar shall...

On the final frontier of perception only few remain able to make proclamations that the Creator will hear, because te rest have fallen victim and succombed to a lie. They lay silent, the very sins that ensnared them rotting thier corpse back into the dust that created them... dust blown back through the vortex whence it went, and not back to the source from whence it originated,

There is where the very essence of thier spirt and nature will be longingly consumed... by the very intelligence that lied to them in order to secure for itself a willing meal in exchange or powers beyond perception, betwixed by mind...

Fare ye well, Foo'ed Mason...

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

I have as of late more and more questions regarding things like the Golden Mean…

Indeed. I mean,
φ^2 = φ+1
and
1/φ=φ-1
∴ φ=φ^2-1=(φ+1)/φ
What the φuck?

Excellent Mr. Norton.

What has gotten me interested in this though is how some of nature's select simple creatures utilize this albeit rather confusing math to build their shells while using an expert degree of masonry.

Pretty sinister I know! Yet very fascinating to me.

Hard to believe a simple mollusk is better at math than me, but I would like to say in my defence they probably have spent way more time in schools!

Though I confess not knowing very much about this, I have read the easiest way to arrive at the Golden Mean is to take a square, and draw an arc from it's upper left edge down to the point of it's bottom border and this will always create a distance that works out to the Golden Mean ratio?

That would utilize the square and the compass too in a more practical way.

I realize that Free Masonry doesn't actually encompass many actual Stone Masons in the present day and age, but as a history buff and someone with a interest in metaphysical things, I wonder what actual ancient Stone Masons might have learned through observing and trying to duplicate things found in nature.

For instance the aragonite that the mullosk makes to build their shell using the Golden Mean is considered to be about a 100 times stronger than man made ceramics, while having a remarkable ability to resonate vibrational waves found in nature.

Clearly some Stone Masons were way ahead of others for instance Roman Concrete which many consider to be stronger than the concrete we use today. All accomplished using ellements found within nature and mixed just right for maximum effect.

Sure maybe it's not very sexy or as sexy as some of the charitible aspects of Masonry but I think it's very interesting none the less.

Now take something really fascinating built by a really fascinating Free Mason like the Coral Castle here in Miami, built using a natural substance, Coral, believed to be laid out ontop of the intersection of several of earths ley lines, built so expertly that Coral stone doors weighing tons can open and close with the simple push of the hand using the stone's own kenetic energy and in my humble opinion you do have some very intriquing stuff!

Would it be false to assume or wrong to imagine some Free Masons have discovered some extroidanary things regarding the natural world and it's energies and how to harness them for practical benefit?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

An interesting video and star and flag for the effort my friend.

I have as of late more and more questions regarding things like the Golden Mean, ancient geometry based on the starting point of one, and composite materials that are ideal for resonating energies found in nature, I would be deeply grateful to know more about from any of the Brothers who might be so kind and care to share information along these lines.

I think it's awsome that Masons have taken an interest here in ATS and provide us all an opportunity to share with them.

Thanks so much for inviting me to check out the thread, and congradulations on your joining the fine staff here at ATS my friend.

Try divine cosmos.There are some e books dealing with cymatics,geometry,harmonics....Written by David Wilcock.I have read some very negative posts of him but I liked the ebooks of him that I have read.Can't get unto the site today for some reason,but did find this www.scribd.com... for u.
Di'nt know freemasonry was all about metaphysics.Got to go educate myself on that matter.
Namaste

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I have several theories regarding some of the secrets of masonry. I believe they know the mathematical "key" secrets to the nature of reality and more importantly the inescapable cycles that construct it. I come upon this theory first when researching Vortex Based Mathematics and Marco Rodin.

I believe the reason masonry is symbolically huge on the "corner stone" is because they know what it represents mathematically which I believe I know. They are big on metaphors surrounding the "foundation" of all things which they mathematically know and it ties in the with golden ratio.

The corner-stone is the unmeasurable part of natures design. It represents the space between or origin of all things. It is where all things are divided. The corner-stone of a building is the repeating emanation of the center of all things. All corners are a corner-stone. It represents balance and symmetry which are accomplished through spin.

Maybe I have read too far into it, however When I graphed a base 9 spiral I noticed several expressions of importance in the design. The corner-stone, the center, the symmetry, and the fundamental foundation of our reality. All things self-replicate the foundation to larger scales still retaining the original design. Much like a hologram or fractal.

You can understand the entirety of the universe and how it is constructed within the smallest part of any single natural "thing"

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Very interesting post. Of course there is no way for us to know not being Masons and since Masonry is a gradient learning endeavor, I imagine not every Mason would even know either.

I do though think it's interesting that some of us who wonder and suspect that the Masons may know about some of these things think it's actually cool and intriquing, while some people imagine it's something sinister and foreboding.

I do think that the number of people interested in metaphysics and quantum mechanics and other things that were once and still far too often considered occult or 'evil' by main stream religious types, is growing though, and while it's always appealing to civic and community minded people to get involved with charitible organizations, that Masonry might have a real powerful appeal to people interested in metaphysics and quantum mechanics and the like.

If it's true that ellements of Masonry or some Masons devote themselves to such things, I wonder how they would feel or how it would effect their fraternity as these things become more and more mainstream.

The Internet really has opened up a whole new arena of learning opportunities for people.

I guess the only thing we can do is be encouraging and supporting in hopes that as more and more people develop an interest in these things, that who ever does know about them, sees some value in sharing that knowledge.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Thanks. As far as Freemasonry goes there is a lot of speculation in all angles. The malicious angle focuses a lot on Pike and Alister Crowley and the inherent secrecy behind Masonry behind as a flag of nefarious intentions.

The origins and intentions of masonry are a big area of contention largely because no one trusts the story of "history" they are told or taught. (rightfully so)

The other end of that spectrum focuses on the charity and good-will masonry tries to spread.

I agree with you that there are a lot of misconceptions perpetuated through intentional or unintentional propaganda (MSM, Hollywood, etc).

I truly do believe that masonry has the true story of history and origins of man locked away in symbolism and metaphor. It might simply be that the levels of masonry are a test of character to see if one is worthy of the information that could be used for "good' or "evil" so to speak.

I have a personal disagreement with their method of secrecy of information but alas I don't know what they know.

No one learned anything from a lie (even by omission) other than mistrust...Truth is the only legitimate teacher. Having said that I think masonry contributes to the ignorance that allows them to be painted as nefarious.

top topics

join