It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suez Canal Closure Concerns Go Viral....$200-$300 oil?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
No need to close the canal, if the pipeline can't function, most tankers can't pass.
Tankers unload all or part of their cargo before entering the canal, the crude oil goes through by the pipeline, tankers reload once on the other side.

If the central governement can't control the canal or the pipeline, the traffic is blocked.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We could definitely be in for a shock when this economy can't afford anything as drastic as a hike in oil prices of that magnitude. Going to be interesting to watch as this whole situation in the ME plays out. It's nuckin futs.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Just FYI,Brent Oil Breached the 100 Dollar Barrier
Currently at 100.70

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
According to CNBC.com
All oil markets are increasing as we speak.
Oil is up to 91.18 a bbl.
That's almost a $2.00 increase.

Brent is past 100.70 mark.

I guess we will see what the speculators have in thoughts about this market manipulation.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Things do not bode well for western civilization..and those that rely on the 'system' to take care of them. You know the ones, they go to work everyday...to 'provide for their family' and 'pay bills'. Yeah, them. The ones that take 20+ mile commutes, just to make minimum wage...while sitting in traffic, burning their money. You know who i'm talking about? The ones that call happy meals...dinner. Come on, you know??? You're probably one of them. hahahahha

Oil makes the world...or, the people in the world...go 'round.

Let me break it down

No oil = no gas = no car = no job = no income = no rent money = homeless

So, exactly what are your backup plans? IF the weather continues with this crazy amount of snow...and Egypt falls apart....your ass is gonna either A) freeze inside your home (if you can make your mortgage payment) or B) freeze outside your home (because you didn't make your payment, on time)

Oh, you think the bankers care if you can't make your payments...because of the snow? hahahahahah Not their problem, ladies and gentleman, IT'S YOURS!

Better learn how to ride a bike; and stop thinking your ass is cool cuz you got 20 inch rims!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Brent Oil 101.50 and rising...WTF.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamiejames
Things do not bode well for western civilization..and those that rely on the 'system' to take care of them. You know the ones, they go to work everyday...to 'provide for their family' and 'pay bills'. Yeah, them. The ones that take 20+ mile commutes, just to make minimum wage...while sitting in traffic, burning their money. You know who i'm talking about? The ones that call happy meals...dinner. Come on, you know??? You're probably one of them. hahahahha

What a joke. If you are so interested in what other people do, why don't you make a thread?
You should at least stay on topic for this thread.
Thanks.

Oil makes the world...or, the people in the world...go 'round.
Let me break it down
No oil = no gas = no car = no job = no income = no rent money = homeless

Again, what does this have to do with the price of oil increasing with the possible closure of the Suez canal?
Stay on topic.

So, exactly what are your backup plans? IF the weather continues with this crazy amount of snow...and Egypt falls apart....your ass is gonna either A) freeze inside your home (if you can make your mortgage payment) or B) freeze outside your home (because you didn't make your payment, on time)

I won't freeze, friend.
Firewood is plentiful where I come from.

Oh, you think the bankers care if you can't make your payments...because of the snow? hahahahahah Not their problem, ladies and gentleman, IT'S YOURS!
Better learn how to ride a bike; and stop thinking your ass is cool cuz you got 20 inch rims!

Well, I'm glad you know how to troll and post ridiculous, irrelevant things.

Thanks for your non-informative input.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Crude oil = UP $3.25
To about $92.59 a bbl.

That's @ 2:48 pm.

What irks me now is the price of food....
Check out the price of wheat, soy and corn!
Wheat is up 15.00, soy is up 14.50 and corn about 13.50!

Something is afoot...
I will be watching vigilantly.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

It's getting to the point where I don't even care anymore, I'm tired of it all. I or we can't or won't do anything about it anyways, all we do here in America is bitch and complain. I might as well start smoking again, I was less stressed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Wrong buddy I work in the Gulf and I can assure You not one deep water well has been drilled in the gulf of mexico since BP performed the false flag event. As a matter of fact not only are the drilling companies taking it in the ass so are exploration and construction companies that work offshore. I used to make a minimum salary even if I worked or not just for being on call 24/7 but that just changed and now I get nothing. I have only worked 3 weeks in the last 3 months and will probably not work again till march. So You can imagine I am not liking this hope and change one bit especially when I just wanted to be left alone and I wanted to make an honest living.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Well I hate to say it guys but it might Me good for Me in the long run. Obama shut down all drilling in the gulf and the gulf supplies about 25% of our energy needs as a country. So the liberals might be happy now but when gas sores past 5 dollars a gallon I'm sure a lot of people will be pointing fingers at Him for closing down 25% of our energy production. Please don't get mad at Me because I know plenty of guys whom are hard workers whom have not worked in 4 months or so and its all because the government won't let them.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Lindsey Williams quoted the oil execs as talking about this scenario going back 2 and a half years.
He had said that oil would be up about to 150 to 200 USD a barrel by years end.
He had said that there would be conflict in the middle east at the beginning of this year and that Iran would not be a war zone at least till now.

He has been right about the price of oil and the why of it for the last 5 years or so.

There are miles of tankers holding crude in a couple of places in the US and the UK bought back when oil was down in the 35 USDs
This is in the investment news and has been for some time.
They have been waiting for the price to go up and the transportation to be messed up since the price was down there.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I would like to know what would have to happen for the canal to close.
How close is it to doing so right now.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
if all the "trouble" keeps up, which it will. in fact it will increase, there are more protests planned in a couple other countries, the price of oil WILL shoot up, the price of gas will double. it's what they want. we were told back in october gas was gonna be $5 a gallon in the states and oil would be $150-200 a barrel. on top of that you have to remember the rumors of a potential water shortage in iraq, (i believe). not gonna help things, plus the rumors of a global food shortage, which should really make an impact on the states come spring, AND this new storm system which is expected to affect 100 million people, people won't be able to work, power outages, etc. add all of this together,(if all the rumor and speculation come to fruition) and we got problems. and THEN, when the snow and ice melt in the spring, if it's too much, they'll have to shut down the port of new orleans, because the river will be too high and rough..(and they really hate shutting down the river). not saying this is what'll happen.. just food for thought.

p.s. i didn't add the links because i figure if you guys are reading this thread then you've already seen the other threads and links pertaining to some of what i said.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Closing the Canal could be viewed as an Act of War by any country in the world. It is part of the Treaty that governs it. It must remain open in times of war or peace by any vessel regardless of flag.

If Egypt closes it, they can expect a reaction.

Who is going to declare war on the citizenry of Egypt? Sure if an Egyptian government closes the canal down, there is room for action, but who will send troops against protesters, violent or not?

How many countries can actually put troops on the ground around the Suez Canal and keep it open? Of those countries that can physically put forces on the ground, which can put forces on the ground without the appearance of aggression or imperialism and avoiding the ire of international factions?

Times have changed. The U.S. and the European powers are too wussified to do anything against a perceived civil revolt, especially after the U.S. blew its wad fighting the Iraq insurgency. China and Russia wouldn't dare try to confront the large U.S presence in that area.

The logical conclusion is that no one will do anything about a short term Suez Canal closure. Besides it is much for convenient for Wall Street speculators to make billions on such an event.

Edit: The only country that has the balls and the means to keep the Suez Canal open is Israel but then again that is a whole other crapstorm.

edit on 1-2-2011 by Vikus because: Details

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I would like to know what would have to happen for the canal to close.
How close is it to doing so right now.

The canal is about 700 feet wide.

The range of an anti-tank rocket propelled grenade is about 2000 feet.

The thickness of the hull on oil tankers is about 1 inch.

The possibilities aren't good.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I just read another article where Venezuela predicts $200 a barrel if the Suez Canal shuts down.

www.reuters.com...

My only thought is Lindsey was right when saying the globalist have carefully manipulated this uprising in the Middle East to rise the price of oil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join