It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can science prove this???....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
I was wondering about religion the other day and had a long conversation with a couple of buddies. I said to them..."if you look at science and how far its gone in the last couple of years, dont you think that one day we will be able to disprove the Christian GOD?."

Can you prove or disprove that other Gods exist or not? Zeus, Allah, etc? nope. By definition, something defined outside of our universe can't be proven or disproven.

This is why i gave the Egyptian gods as an example. We have clearly disproven that they dont exist. So why not assume we can do the same with the Christian GOD.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I think String Theory or M-Theory is closest at proving the existence of God...

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Actually, it looks more like scientists are now coming closer to considering that there was "An Inteligent Influence" (to use the terms that they are using).
Even Stephen Hawkins believes the asme thing occured in the very beginning of the Universe in the first tiniest portion of the first microsecond.
This piece on Stephen Hawkins I watched on a Nova documentary they had a few years ago. Mr. Hawkins even participated in an on-line conversation after each episode.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join