It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pc to tv (hdmi) help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I was thinking today how much better the gamma appears to be using hdmi for ps3, so I tried hooking my pc to the tv. heres my problems:

1:no matter what res I pick, blurry text.
2.some of the better working resolutions either won't let me set 32-bit color and/or freak out when I try to resize screen.
3:games look noticable sharper, but color is washed out, (assuming 16-bit color)

I tried everything to remedy this. I know it's not my tv (samsung 32 lcd 720p BTW) cause ps3 is flawless on it.
wondering if it's an nvidia issue.

any help appreciated

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
What OS are you using? I assume nvidia video card, ensure you have the latest drivers installed. Sounds like no matter what res you pick from the pc the text is still blurry.

there are a few things to try, and some of them depend on which nvidia card you have. When you connect the TV to the pc, get to your video settings and see how it's being detected, this is different for XP, VISTA and windows 7.

It sounds to me as if the pc is extending your desktop over the tv and pc monitor. What you can try is setting the TV as your primary display.

If in windows 7 you can right click the desktop, select personalize, click display in the lower left and adjust the font size DPI. You should also go into your TV's settings and try adjusting in there.

Worst case scenario is you dump HDMI and use straight VGA or DVI connect on the tv as those are made for pc.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
well, I'm using xp. and I have tried vga already, it's nearly flawless. wanted hdmi cause the color quality is a bit better, to me anyway. I set tv a main already, tried optimization wizard, etc.. I'll try finding new drivers, if that don't work I;ll go back to vga I guess.

join