It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Space 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Im definantly getting this game after I wake up today, (its 2:30am at the moment). From the reviews Ive read so far, it sounds top-notch. Ive played the first one plenty of times and this is one game I have been waiting forever to come out.

Anyone else as excited as I am for this?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I've had Dead Space sat in my 'to play/complete' pile for over a year. I finally got round to making a proper start on it at the weekend and I love it so will definitely be looking to acquire the 2nd.

Once I've finished both Overlords, both Bioshocks, 100%'d Red Dead Redemption etc etc.....

edit on 25/1/11 by ALadInsane because: I meant I've had Dead Space 1 not 2 for a year! I'm an imbecile!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ALadInsane

Well, I just got home about an hour ago and have been playin it ever since. All I gotta say is....its awesome.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Started playing the game today.

Haven't played such a creepy game in a long time.I dare not play it at night.Though,even if it is a little scary you just can't stop playing.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey, just saw this post and had to say i agree it is a really good game, kept alot of the good things from the first one, which was also a brilliant game.

I also wanted to add if you want to try annother creepy game you might want to check out Amnesia: the Dark Descent, its besed played with head phone if you want the full effect.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Brilliant first time experience. Yet it gives the 'meh' impression. Ah well, legendary titles dont come out everyday. Horror games should learn from Silent Hill 2, not from Gears of War.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
i'm about 3 hours in, and i have to say....Awsome game...game of the year. Stellar graphics....good storyline so far....creepy and innovative!!

it helps that i get to play it of a 55 inch sony bravia!!! (not mine, but if u have an extra 1500 bucks...i'd recommend it highly)

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I just finished this game...

And I must say, from start to end.. one of my favorit horror shooters I played ever

Graphic is awsome and gameplay is awsome... I recommend playing dead space 1 before going 2.. just more fun

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've played DS1-2 and some of the first things you'll notice about DS2 is:

The character build. In DS1, Isaac Clarke was just some unknown badass necromorph killer. In this one, he has a distinct personality, and frequently talks throughout the game. There's also the difficulty. I loved DS1, but it was a total cake walk, even on the hardest mode for me. DS2 is hard as hell. Harder enemies, less supplies to work with. I'm talking about normal. A big thing they had unbalanced in DS1 was the huge amount of stasis. Stasis makes combat WAY easier. In DS2, you have very little stasis. Another thing is in DS2, melee combat is far more effective on small to medium opponents. A lone slasher should be no match for you in melee combat. The biggest thing you'll find is the pure horror of the game. It's way scarier then DS1. One time in DS2, I came into a nursery. I see a girl in a locked room calling to an odd looking small necromorph with a large tentacle for pushing itself, and an orange torso. The necromorph crawled into her arms and she cradled it. It then blew up, sending blood and guts splattering all over the glass I was looking through. Then when I walk into a room, they start coming through the walls. This is just one of the most terrifying things in it. It's a terrifying, difficult, interesting, great game.

new topics

top topics

join