It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

disappeared into the sea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Atlantis is an ancient mythical island, whose existence and location have never been confirmed. The first references to Atlantis are from the classical Greek philosopher Plato, who said it was engulfed by the ocean as the result of an earthquake 9,000 years before his own time, which would be well into the most recent Ice age. Plato claimed it was somewhere outside the Pillars of Hercules, now known as the Strait of Gibraltar.
According to Critias, 9,000 years before his lifetime, a war took place between those outside the Pillars of Heracles and those who dwelt within them. The Atlanteans had conquered the Mediterranean as far east as Egypt and the continent into Tyrrhenia, and subjected its people to slavery. The Athenians led an alliance of resistors against the Atlantean empire and as the alliance disintegrated, prevailed alone against the empire, liberating the occupied lands. "But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea."
There have been dozens—perhaps hundreds—of locations proposed for Atlantis. Most of the historically proposed locations are in or near the Mediterranean sea (islands such as Sardinia, Crete and Santorini), and locations as far as Antarctica, Indonesia and the Caribbean. The submerged island of Spartel near the Strait of Gibraltar is a proposed location which would coincide with some elements of Plato's account; location (just outside the Pillars of Hercules) and date of submersion (9000 years before Plato).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I believe that Atlantis wasn't just near the Strait of Gibraltor, but it encompassed the entire planet. Technology was unfathomable in those days (hopefully soon coming in our own
).

There are many secrets in hollywood movies about Atlantis - one that comes to mind is Conan the Barbarian with Arnold Schwarzenegger.

This, known as the Mitchell Hedges Crystal Skull, is purportedly the skull of Atlantis. priests would be able to access universal information by channeling through the quartz. Many people have said to immediately recognize when shown an image of the skull, and others have had spiritual experiences, visions, and communications whilst in the presence of it. There are 2 books that can be bought online (for cheap now) about information regarding 2012 from the skull. I have read them both and highly suggest the information.

The late Dr. Mitchell Hedges was quoted as calling it "The Skull of Doom", due to his cataclysmic dreams that he had after discovered the skull in 1918 with his adopted daughter Anna Mitchell Hedges in a pyramid overgrown with foliage.

The mineral life of this world is highly rich in energies (if accessed correctly), and unimaginable information. As history indicates, Atlantis and many other advanced civilizations took great fascination in the mineral life.

Fun Fact: Quartz is the most abundant mineral on this planet...

Do you feel the vibrations now?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Edgar Cayce said it would be found off the Bahamas in a certain year. That same year they found the Bimini road. Thats where Atlantis is if some tarts would allow digging there.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Did you know every piece of electronic hardware everybody uses has multiple crystals inside?

The crystals run the heart beat of different systems within the device. Most processors create their own heart beat frequency through the use of a Phased Lock Loop circuit, consisting of resistors, capacitors and inductors.

Crystals sing when a voltage is applied to them. Their tone changes depending on how they are cut.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I believe the location was a myth....

However as I've outlined in a couple of threads with a third being [re-rewritten soon to be posted] that I believe there was a slightly advanced globally dispersed megalithic societies [City-State civilizations] that had succumbed to the advancing seas as the Ice-Age melt off claimed prehistorical coast line which are now under water. If you're interested here are the links.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

and

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-2

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I've been reading the Fingerprints of the Gods by Graham Hancock. Fascinating read!

He references maps from the 1600s which show what appear to be the Bimini Road. He also discusses maps which show Antartica perfectly mapped with a coast line WITHOUT the ice. Apparently, these maps were based on older maps, and those on even older maps possibly kept at the ancient Alexandria Library.

I can't help but wonder what other literary treasures were lost when the library was lost to a fire.

Possibly more information on lost civilizations?

I need a time machine and a portable photocopier... STAT!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The story of Atlantis is a two-part fable. Plato presented it as a morality play in support of his work, the Republic. In it he postulated a war between Athens (the noble and good republican government) against Atlantis (the evil and tyrannical despotism.) Of course, Athens won, since that was the position Plato was defending. There's also a note of "respect the gods" in there, in that the destruction of Atlantis came about because of the Atlantean's hubris.

In effect, it's a 380 BC version of Star Wars. Athens is the Rebels, Atlantis is the Empire, and the city of Atlantis is the Death Star.

Plato was not giving a history lesson, any more than Aesop was telling us about foxes who can talk.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Could you add to our very nice threads on Atlantis (linked above)? We enjoy continuing the conversation -- but it should continue in existing threads, as per board rules.

This thread is being closed.

new topics

top topics

join