It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Did God Create Earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
By this I mean post-paradise. Why not fix what had gone wrong instead of having everyone sin?

Also, what was the purpose of the thousands of years before Christ? Why have all those people sin without salvation and even without knowledge of god?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Well looking at the bible's perspective only so he can commit genocide and beg for forgiveness later with Jesus. Though i don't by into the whole christianity bit. But the old testament is pure evil. Genocide with Noah's ark. Assuming he is all knowing then he would know he is creating a race with flaws just so he can kill them all later on. Satan is a saint looking at the old testament. If he created lucifer then he created sin. And look at all those native american who were not spread the word. That's spiritual genocide in itself. The bible is nothing but flaw after flaw. A masterful work of murder if it even was true.
edit on 24-1-2011 by religiousmurder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
ohhh i dunnooo, maybe because god is a figment of our imagination. And the stories we hear about in the bible/quran/torah and every other "holy book" are either complete BS OR are just stories of aliens coming to visit us at some point in history. But not without a little twist to keep people ignorant.

if god does exist, hes likely a tyrant

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnwordswu
By this I mean post-paradise. Why not fix what had gone wrong instead of having everyone sin?

Also, what was the purpose of the thousands of years before Christ? Why have all those people sin without salvation and even without knowledge of god?

Explanation 1:
Maybe we were genetically modified by negative extraterrestrials to be used as slaves to mine the earth of resources. These great deceivers put us in the dark and hid us from our true nature of which many of us are starting to rediscover at this time. Maybe these same evil aliens created religion to keep us further from the truth of who we really are to invent the concept of being "lost" in the first place.

Explanation 2:
We were beings that knew nothing but love. We desired to know more about our existence than what we knew as the experience of unconditional love. This desire for knowledge led to a long process of seeking that which is not there. Now we have to realize that love is all there is, and what we are trying to "know" doesn't actually exist. When we discover that everything is love, then we will have made it back to paradise.

Explanation 3:
Exp. 1 and 2 combined. We knew nothing but love till one day an evil being came and manipulated us in such a way that we thought there was more to the universe than love. Now we go about our day to day lives with this, "logic analytical" side of a brain that's trying to "figure stuff out". But now, people like me, who are realizing that nothing matters in this world except love, are now being able to see that everything we are trying to "learn" has been a waste of time, and we should have just stayed with the awareness of love and only love without the desire for knowledge. But was it our fault that we went this way? Exp. 3 suggests that we were manipulated genetically to "see" "more" than love.

There really is a certain perception where you can see that love is all there is, and therefore it is all that matters.

You conclude that "knowledge" has been a big waste of time. However, we are still, nevertheless, subject to the ego mind and therefore duality, and until we shed this body, we will not be able to remain within the light of truth for extended periods of time, that is to say, without proper discipline. That's probably why we are REALLY here; to learn the discipline of unconditional love. And therefore, become stronger and benefit the creator through our extensive ascent BACK to reality.

But what do i know..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
God created earth because He has a magnificent skill of creation, and he was bragging.

God created man because He has a magnificent sense of humor, and he was kidding.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So he could have something to entertain him then he got bored with Judaism and invented christianity and islam so they would all fight with each other over which one knew the truth about god.
You see he need our tears to make himself strong.
www.southparkstudios.com...
edit on 24-1-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I joined this site for intelligent discussion, and I have met some great people already. Moving right along, I read this thread. This is a subject that interests me. Then, I took the liberty of checking your other threads. I can only conclude that this thread is another juvenile attempt to criticize Christians.

However, these are good questions, and I am a firm believe that Christ meant what He said, “But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.” (Mark 13.23)

So, for anyone really interested, I would like to suggest reading Jeremiah 4 to start. You will learn how people started a war against God and broke His heart. He couldn’t totally destroy everyone He’d created with free will because:

“…My people is foolish, they have not known Me; they are sottish children, and they have none understanding: they are wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge. (22)

In other words, because they were stupid. So, He went to Plan B ~ Salvation.

Notice verse 23:

I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

Now, Genesis 1.2:

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.

Same event, and not Noah’s flood because “there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.” (25)

Ever been hurt deep in your heart by someone you love and try to pick up the pieces, John?

Jeremiah 4 continues explaining the destruction of the earth in His fierce anger. The whole land was made desolate, but He did not make a full end (27). He has always been in a position to dictate responsibility, so:

28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

The reason for all of this is explained in verse 30, when He asks:

And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do?

I’m thinking He wants to teach His children to do good, like any good parent. He will save those who really love Him because He doesn’t want to spend an eternity with rebellious hearts that don’t love Him in return.

Praise be to God because I don’t either.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
For spiritual development, then when we die we go to the 5th and 6th demensions etc..

Well thats what I want to believe anyway.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

When you mature Spiritually and Psychologically you will begin to fix what is wrong with the world. Maturity is the realization of a universal truth and it's growing clarity before the mind's eye.

Goats are the price of the field and the sheep are for they clothing.

Grooming or behavioral cultivation.

top topics

join