It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail, Contrail or Neither?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Hello All,

Today on the way to work I came across this chem/con/Nothing-trail the reason I took pictures was it was huge and the size of it didnt really stick out until we got to work. I was heading towards an area not far from the mountains in Victoria's East.

Let me just say I do not believe in chemtrails or contrails etc. The reason Im asking is I want to know more about these whether its planes causing it/nature or both.. I want a response thats free from too much tin foil conspiracy and just the facts as this appears to be an interesting topic

If you havent seen it yet in the pics look to the centre left its a curved line almost a right angle.

Any intelligent ideas with out jumping to conclusions

**mods please move if in wrong section**

edit on 24-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by q_ball because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Here is a good place to start your research on "Chemtrails".
groups.yahoo.com...

Also, if you Google "Chemtrails", you will find a lot of info.

I don't know if what you saw was a Chemtrail or Contrail, there is a distinct difference, but they are both very real.

I hope that helps.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
chemtrail.... at altitude....90 turn ....that's a special flight plan

edit on 24-1-2011 by GBP/JPY because: 38,000 feet

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hello and nice pics. I noticed that nobody replied to your thread with a possible scientific explanation. I will star and flag your thread because your stance of an open mind to the subject. I for one do not know about chemtrails but I responded to another thread on chemtrails. I googled all kinds of information on jet contrails, altitude, and relative humidity and came up with some interesting results.

Here is a link about jet contrails. www.weatherquestions.com...

If the air has low relative humidity, then a contrail will not form because the extra water vapor produced by the jet engines is not large enough to produce condensation. But if the is air has high relative humidity, then a contrail forms, using up the excess water vapor that the air can not hold.

Here is an interesting explanation to why contrails stay in the air longer. contrailscience.com...

If the air has so much water vapor in it already that it can’t hold any more (i.e. it’s “supersaturated”), then the ice crystals can’t sublimate, and so the contrail will stay around for a long time. The ice crystals might even attract water from the air, if there is enough, and the contrail will get thicker. Winds might make the contrail spread out to even cover the whole sky.

These articles point to the relative humidity and altitude to determine how long a jet contrail will stay visible and can possibly cover the whole sky. I too am interested in the chemtrail idea but I am like you and need the facts to back up the claims. I am still searching for the answer but I am convinced that relative humidity and altitude should be investigated before any chemtrail claim. I am pretty happy with my results but I am open to the possibility of chemtrails.

Can you check your local weather for the relative humidity for the day you took the photos? If you do can you post the link to the site? I am curious to see what it was.

edit on 24-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: two posters beat me to the first post

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Today I too the photos it hit about 27 degrees (C) not sure what the humidty was. I think people are missing the point based on what the pictures are what does it appear to be rationally that is

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by q_ball

Let me add something: A turn doesn't mean "chemtrail". There are several reasons for a plane to turn:
changing direction for landing, changing direction after taking off, and holding pattern are just three.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by FutureThinker
Here is a good place to start your research on "Chemtrails".
groups.yahoo.com...

Also, if you Google "Chemtrails", you will find a lot of info.

I don't know if what you saw was a Chemtrail or Contrail, there is a distinct difference, but they are both very real.

I hope that helps.

No, there isnt. Thats an myth started by the chemtrail promoters (Don Croft, Len Horowitz, Will Thomas who are in it for the money). Contrails have been long known to persist and form clouds. Thats a reality that chemtrailers try to deny, but its fact.

top topics

join