It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utopia - How would you build it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

"Utopia - How would you build it?"

By not trying.

Okay, that wouldn't build a utopia. But it's the only way to not build a dystopia.

So you would be content to live in a world, like we do now where we are not free to be and do as we please (aslong as it doesn't infringe on anyone else) and where we are being controlled?

I for one am not happy with it and I certainly wouldn't want my children having to live in such a world.

You can only create a dystopia if you force it and try to run before you can walk... this is not what I am saying, I am saying that a Utopia can be created in the future, when the human race has evolved out of our child like state and when we are truely ready.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08
I am saying that a Utopia can be created in the future, when the human race has evolved out of our child like state and when we are truely ready.

Agreed. And when that happens, there will be utopia. It will not need to be planned out on a drawing board.

edit on 25-1-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Agreed. And when that happens, there will be utopia. It will not need to be planned out on a drawing board.

Well it will require some level of planning I think... IMO the human race won't be ready until after some catylizing world event, like World War 3. Now in the event of a World War 3, I highly doubt there would be much of the planets infrastucture left, there will most likely be new countries, if any at all, and there will be a new emerging social order. So all of that would need to be planned in order to make it a reality.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Im sorry but there will never be utopia or a perfect world. And why would anyone want it? Life is about balance. You cant know what being happy feels like if you haven't experienced unhappiness. There will always be bad people in the world, there will always be problems, a perfect world just cannot exist.

Although if I won the lottery I would love to buy an island and move my family to it and create my own little world.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Resentedhalo08

I don't think a utopia would be possible without killing a large percentage of the population. And even then you'd eventually have people who'd view it as a dystopia as time went on.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Mass killing of people who disagree with my ideals. Followed by propaganda to convince people my way is right.

That's how it inevitably has to begin for many would-be utopia makers. There are far too many people who disagree with you to force them into an idealistic world.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
A lot of people seem to think a Utopia is not possible, well not possible for all.

I have to disagree, I am not talking about a Logan's Run kind of Utopia here...

It is a fact that the population of the earth needs to be reduced, or we need to start making our way into space and start building colonies, I see this as one of our only options in the future.

Give everyone a peice of land to do with as they see fit, allow them to live on it and work it and then we can all create our own little Utopia's in a larger one.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
First off, destroy the monetary system, as everyone has said. Second off, there would be one large mass on earth. No Icelandic and Korean and Africans and Australians etc... Not only that, but it would not be separated by towns, cities or villages. There would be no weapons sold, bought, or created. Everyone would be a vegetarian. Men and women would have equal rights. As would black or whites, or better yet, just make everyone's skin color green or something.
There would be no government, because the people were the government. Every single person in this Utopia would be a member of the government. Is anyone still reading this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join