It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientific Study: Pineal Gland/Third Eye shows hieghtened acitivity in meditation.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Here it i just like I said was going to start happening years ago. Scientific studies are now going to start coming out in support of what Religions/Spiritual texts have been saying for thousands of years about God, meditation, and the Third Eye.

Third Eye Study

"As these adults recited traditional sayings as part of this religious technique the Chen team scanned the subject’s brains with the medical technique called fMRI (functional magnetic resonance imaging).

The pineal areas within the brain were found to contain heightened activity during these recitations. Chen and his collaborators concluded, “There is no definition of ‘soul’ in the scientific field. However, our results demonstrate a correlation between pineal activation and religious meditation which might have profound implications in the physiological understanding of mind, spirit and soul.” [based on New Scientist article “What is the soul, but a humble pineal gland,“ December 15-21, 2007] "

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think this was just posted. Interesting anyways.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
You have to be aware that you don't just jump to meditating on your third eye. To do so, it requires good grounding and foundation of your other lower Chakras. If not, you will feel anxiety. You will encounter disturbing visions. The Chi energy or Kundanlini energy you will experience can be overwhelming and you have no ways to control or direct it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChiForce

It also requires a flow all the way through your central channel (imagine a flourescent tube running through the center of your body from root to crown and beyond. As to the OP, I've often thought 2 things:

1) That mainstream science provides the control and limitation of religion for those that don't buy into religion
2) That mainstream science would at some point open up to seeing spiritual truths proven, at which point mainstream science would begin to shift.

This is only the beginning of what they're going to find.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Indeed - Science and Religious and Spiritual Traditions are now overlapping and pointing in the same direction once again and at long last.

Watch this interview when you have a chance, very informative and eye opening. Funny and ironic how all the atheists have been asking for proof, but have been referring only to the straw man God of a purely exoteric fundamentalism.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

edit on 24-1-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

The pineal areas within the brain were found to contain heightened activity during these recitations.

I'm curious as to how you think this somehow validates religion and superstition. Science has long been speculating that so-called spiritual experiences originate within the brain and have a natural explanation. This is actually disproving the spiritual idea of the soul - rather than proving it - by showing that it's all in your mind.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Titen-Sxull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Unless the pineal is just the antenna/transmitter/receiver for something else. Rick Strassman's work on '___' was a great exploration of this as a chemical experience but that does not preclude a spiritual experience as well.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

I'm curious as to how you think this somehow validates religion and superstition. Science has long been speculating that so-called spiritual experiences originate within the brain and have a natural explanation. This is actually disproving the spiritual idea of the soul - rather than proving it - by showing that it's all in your mind.

Eyes perceive using sight, the nose smells. ears hear, and with MRI's we can see exactly which parts of the brain light up when a person eats an apple, or sees pictures of a loved one.

Well the Pineal, Insula, and other organs in the Brain are the senses that perceive God, perceive transcendence. perceive your own soul. It is the perceptual organs of the Incorporeal realms and existence of God.

Science is still far off from catching up whats been written about these organs thousands of years ago by Seers. But at least now we will start making headway. You can even find posts here on ATS where I said about 4-5 years ago that science will start breaking its limited and biased views and will start not only proving the spiritual, but I also foresee machines that will activate the brain, chakras, and we will enter a New age devoid of ego and with access to the Spiritual organs where morals are perceived (i.e. the organ of conscience)

In due time my friend. .......don't fight it. Just allow it to be. The truth is on the way!!!

top topics

join