It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminists <MADFACE>

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81

Women's studies departments admittedly approach all teaching through the ideal that women are an oppressed minority and not in equal standing with men. They actually teach young women to view men as oppressors and tyrants. The colleges are actually turning out women that believe in an extreme view of feminism that demeans men as something less than human and by their nature evil.

edit on 31-1-2011 by MikeNice81 because: It was so bad I had to run it through word

Very interesting considering my "Rant" came from living in a very College dominated town. Thanks for you input, you seem to aswell have a different approach of what i've felt before. Thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

I think it is much more common to meet "extreme" feminist in a college town. When I lived in rural areas, and cities without big colleges, "feminist" seemed to be more concerned about equal pay at work and being treated with respect. In college town I've had some encounters that left me scratching my head.

I remember one self proclaimed feminist telling me that her son was not allowed to play tag. According to her boys that play chasing games with little girls grow up to be abusers. She also made her son play with dolls at least once a week. He had to learn compassion and nurturing because "boys have a psychological defect that stops them from becoming emotionally open."

She taught a clas on Feminist Economimc Theory at a liberal arts college.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I think it is much more common to meet "extreme" feminist in a college town. When I lived in rural areas, and cities without big colleges, "feminist" seemed to be more concerned about equal pay at work

Why would they be concerned about something that they were awarded decades ago ?

I remember one self proclaimed feminist telling me that her son was not allowed to play tag. According to her boys that play chasing games with little girls grow up to be abusers. She also made her son play with dolls at least once a week. He had to learn compassion and nurturing because "boys have a psychological defect that stops them from becoming emotionally open."

She taught a clas on Feminist Economimc Theory at a liberal arts college.

LOL.

She sounds like she would fall into the second category of feminists; namely, those who dislike/distrust/hate men because of a bad personal experience with one or more.

Although, it's no laughing matter, when, as per your example, the woman takes out her bitterness on her children, possibly damaging their emotional development.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Why would they be concerned about something that they were awarded decades ago ?

Because women are routinely told they make 86 cent (or something similar) for every dollar that a man makes. They aren't told that the reason is that more men take high risk and unstable jobs. They aren't told that a big part of the figure comes from women voluntarily leaving the workforce to care for their children. In other words, because they buy the lies of the major media.

To be fair there are still some places that do short change women. Wal Mart had a huge class action law suit because they were passing over women for promotions and paying them less.

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Because women are routinely told they make 86 cent (or something similar) for every dollar that a man makes. They aren't told that the reason is that more men take high risk and unstable jobs. They aren't told that a big part of the figure comes from women voluntarily leaving the workforce to care for their children. In other words, because they buy the lies of the major media.

Now we're singing from the same hymnsheet, bro.

In all seriousness, you are largely correct, and some people just won't be corrected until their deluded ideals that men and women are exactly the same become falsified on a large scale.

Women and men, by law, earn exactly the same. It's just nature that makes men capable of doing more jobs, and consequently, earning more money than women.

To be fair there are still some places that do short change women. Wal Mart had a huge class action law suit because they were passing over women for promotions and paying them less.

I believe in full equality amongst humans, regardless of their race, gender, nationality, sexuality, or any other arbitrary factor.

People should be judged upon their actions, rather than their genetics.

This is why these nauseating claims of ''unequal pay'' irritate me so much...

It is illegal to discriminate against somebody because of their race or gender. That's that.

Why on earth do we have to hear these feminazis, in 2011, complaining about something that became law in the 1960s ?

Feminists are disgusting characters who dehumanise women by thinking that they ( the feminists ) have to hold the hands of ''lesser'' women and guide them through this ''sexist world''.

Feminists are scum, who are not interested in a woman's true autonomy, and are purely interested in power and control.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join