It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian opposition activists hanged for protest footage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Iranian opposition activists hanged for protest footage

www.bbc.co.uk

Iranian authorities have hanged two men convicted of taking part in protests following the disputed presidential election in 2009.

Iranian prosecutors said Jafar Kazemi and Mohammad Ali Hajaghaei had taken photos and footage of the protests and distributed them on the internet.

They were also found guilty of chanting slogans promoting the exiled People's Mujahideen of Iran (PMOI).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Have not seen this story on Presstv, the Iranian Government's mouthpiece, which is often referenced by some watchers and advocates of the insipid Islamic Republic.

I post this with an eye on the protests in Tunisia and to perhaps demonstrate that there are still nations who are perfectly willing to devote their time to killing off protesters at the time and after the event.

Hanged for shouting slogans. I think people who complain about living in the liberal West should buy a one-way ticket to Tehran.

Sad times.

Regards

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
***Count-down until the CIA gets the blame by ATS members for this aswell***

Ontopic:
Disgusting. This is what you get when your government is ruled by a religious fanatic mad man.
This is a prime example of the lack of human rights in Iran.

Originally posted by paraphi
Hanged for shouting slogans. I think people who complain about living in the liberal West should buy a one-way ticket to Tehran.

I support this statement with all my heart. Youngsters who live in the UK or USA that just finished watching some 9/11 documentary and feel the need to burst out disinformative hatred towards their government should seriously take a trip to Tehran, then try logging on to ATS from there and explain to us the meaning of LIBERTY.
edit on 24-1-2011 by IsraeliGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

So if anyone can find a place with more injustice and less freedom they have no right to complain about the erosion of freedoms or injustices in their own country?

That makes no sense.

We should be striving for the highest ideals of justice and freedom, not silent and content that 'at least it could be worse'.

The point is it could be better, infinitely better. The point is by striving for
the highest ideals you show what is possible and create an even greater
contrast which inspires others.

Sometimes 'relative freedom' isn't really freedom at all.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Just because it is worse elsewhere does not mean it is good here. That is flawed logic. Yes, getting hung for protesting is worse than getting beaten with a club and being shot with rubber bullets, but that does not make being beaten with a club and being shot with rubber bullets a sign of a free society. The fact is, our society is heading down the same road as the Iranians towards tyranny, they're just a mile or two ahead.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

They look like terrorists to me....

Jafar Kazemi and Mohammad Ali Hajaghaei

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/013ef096208f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IsraeliGuy

Hmm Liberty Liberty, where have I heard that word before. Oh yeah.

Here ya go Israeli Guy.

Back on topic, why would anyone think the CIA is involved?

Not like Israel and the US had anything to do with that Stuxnet Virus either.

edit on 24-1-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

the one on the right definatly looks a bit suspect but the guy on the left looks like a bit like a doctor, but i suppose not all doctors can be trusted so maybe he deserved it

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

I work at burger king and happy I am here better than there.

I have not been beat by the police nor shot by rubber bullets.

I do not throw bricks or play with matches and hurt others who didnt do me wronge.

I seen photos of riotors and they tend to look like trouble makers,,,criminals to me???,,if I was walking along trying to get home they would hit me on the head with a baseball bat...???

why???

why is it that the vast majority are at work at the 16-20 yr olds come out and destroy everything,,destory innocent windows of peoples business,,their cars,,there was a video of a protestor who arived with a bunch of his comrads and the crowd(who was on his side) destoyed his car and he was crying like baby!!!

this has been going on for some time even back to the depression,,,,1940's....

what happened in Iran was different somewhat....

theres probly been dozens of private exucutions...1000's in jail,,,

And to say we are going the same direction???

I dont beleive so,,,,

we let murder;s out of jail after 7 years and cant get enuff trouble makers into this country fast enuff,,,and the politicains would love to have the prison system able to vote...

I think we are lagging behind their system big time,,,,not a couple years behind,,,,try 20,,,and have a box of kleenux for the tears,,,
\sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I dont know what to do,,,,so many answers and not the right one,,,

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Little_Kona

Your post shows that you have not been paying attention to what is going on. We are not 20 years behind Iran's tyranny. Are you serious with that? For the love of God, do some research. Look at the laws being passed. Look at the executive orders that are just waiting to be activated. Look at the daily violations of our constitutional rights. Yes, as I said before, Iran is more "inhumane" with their executions and extends executions to a wider variety of crimes than we do, but if this is the only "proof" you have to support your claim that we are not headed in the same direction as Iran, then I am sorry to say that you, my friend, are wrong.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
....... and we have Amnesty International whining about Manning. Bad US..

You know why these whiner organizations dont attack Iran or other countries that engage in horrific human rights violations? Hmm.. I kinda think that its because they KILL people rather than putting them in solitary.. no poster children for them. Corpses dont give great quotes and evoke a "poor guy in solitary and such" response.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PETROLCOIN

well,,ok,,

dont get mad at me please,,

I should edit where i work but I cant follow the whole scope everything here.

on world order stuff..

what am i suppose to do???

In Iran they would hang me...ok

go start a new political party there and im sure their would be a knock on the door,,big bearded men standing there,,,

i see your point ats poster friend...your point is taken seriously but once we start crushing childrens hands for stealing and put woman in prison for adulty and the husband go's free I will rise up with a little rock and throw it,,

why do soccer matches cause the most riots?

The original poster made a post here and it was a good post,,and sincere..

to make it like we are just like them on their justice system(2 years behind?) does not hold much weight with me,,,,Im 95 lbs by the way,,,smile..

If I dumb,,im a a friendly dumb,,ok,,,
but I dont buy it,,,,

Kona

edit on 24-1-2011 by Little_Kona because: (no reason given)

top topics

join