It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High Bisphenol A Levels Associated With PCOS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
High bisphenol A levels associated with PCOS

The researchers conducted a cross-sectional study that included 71 women with PCOS and 100 healthy women. The women with PCOS were matched by age and BMI with the controls. A standard 2-hour oral glucose tolerance test and blood sampling were performed in all women.

Serum bisphenol A levels were significantly higher in the group of women with PCOS (1.05 ng/mL vs. 0.72 ng/mL; P

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Hmmmm.

Anyone know what chelates / removes Bisphenol A from your body?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
this stuff BPA
has intentionally found its way into
food wraps
plastic wraps
eftpos receipts
can linners
plastic milk bottles and containers
money
fast food wrappers
water bottles

strange thing is it lowers fertility and is described as gender bending

if the idea was to lower conception rates then this stuff is like a drug introduced into the food chain for a medical out come
think medication when describing BPA because it really does act like "the pill" for the masses

star and flag

xploder

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Also higher in the PCOS group were levels of testosterone and androstenedione.

I really wonder if the same goes for men. Even if it does, I'm sure that there are all sorts of effects to the body over time and not in the good way.

There are just too many preservatives used these days that don't have any long term studies on them and I fear as to what they might do to the ones that are still growing like children. Only time will tell I guess.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Here is a bit more info on BPA www.americanscientist.org...
I do my best to avoid it,. though it is very difficult.
As goes the same for soy,. as that acts the same in the means of testosterone reduction.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Thank you so much for posting this! I have PCOS and have dealt with it for years. Fortunately, I didn't have too much trouble with infertility issues, but I do have just about everything else that comes along with it. I did have to do a course of fertility drugs for my last baby, but that's kind of beside the point here...

PCOS sucks and it really doesn't surprise me that women with PCOS have higher BPA levels because just about any woman who has PCOS will tell you that cravings for fast food, junk food, etc., are almost unbearable at times. I can certainly testify that before I started treatment, ALL I wanted to eat was junk. I nearly lived on fast food, snack cakes... you name it. Finally, I went to a reproductive endocrinologist and told him I was sick of it and he started me on treatment. I've been on metformin, spironolactone, and birth control pills for close to ten years and while I'm used to it now, the initial improvement I felt flat out floored me! I lost nearly 35 pounds without trying and additional 45 more with diet and exercise.

I still have my days where all I want to eat is junk, but I avoid it as much as it can. But it's nearly impossible to avoid it all together. Even "healthy" foods are packaged in plastic. Bottled water is usually in plastic bottles. I'm careful about what I eat and try to never microwave food in plastic containers, but I think the ways we are exposed to BPA is just too numerous to even comprehend.

I definitely appreciate you drawing my attention to this. I'm going to see if I can find anything else on it and definitely look into ways of possibly removing BPA from the body. I know that this study isn't even conclusive, but I can't see that getting rid of toxins from the body, in a safe way, would hurt anything.

Thanks again! If I find more info to add here, I'll be sure to post it!

top topics

join