It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ophiuchus and Orion-something hidden?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avocado2012
reply to post by LeoVirgo

2012 is the rise of the snake bearer

aka

antichrist?

Is not God within all things? If I am living more for this earthly life over the life of Spirit...am I in a sense not living as a 'antichrist'?

Why would a 'antichrist' be linked to a snake bearer?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I think the IAM works through cycles and orders...so I agree that with the dawning of a new age, we have a reminder of our purpose in mastering our earthly bodies to become spiritual beings.

I really do find the cosmos giving me dejavu lately.

Its like..something within us...created these moments...the dawning of a new age, with the masses learning about a 'hidden sign', with Venus in this sign...is like something I already knew or know of...like its no surprise...but yet to observe it happening, is still inspiring just the same.

Its like time has been standing still in a strange way lately...as many become more observant and start to question their 'being'.

I think it all has everything to do with ....consciousness.

Its like a part of us...knows this moment already...like this part of us that we all share within us...set the cosmos in place in a certain way to awaken and bring awareness to a more fine tuned point.

Its like the cosmos saying....'you are right on time'. Does that make any sense?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Hi there

Like the entire Universe in some grand dance, repeating over and over again in ebb and flow... and people of old, maybe even knowing only in a subconscious way, snatching it right out of the collective unconscious and setting it out in parable for themselves, for us.

I like what you say here...likes it alot..thanks for adding

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Hello. Once again I am unable to follow. In Revelations 7:5-8 the Tribe of Dan is not mentioned, and instead the Tribe of Manasseh is listed. Since the Tribe of Manasseh is from Joseph's loins, the Tribe of Ephraim should be also listed, but it is not. When the two Tribes of Joseph's lineage (Manasseh and Ephraim) are mentioned, this gives us a total of 14 Tribes.

• Israel's (Jacob) Children are 12. Noticeable is that Levi and Joseph do not have any eponymous territory or land.

• Notable in the eponymous territories is that Manasseh and Ephraim are from the loins of Joseph, not Israel (Jacob).

• Notable in Revelations 7:5-8 is Dan and Ephraim are not mentioned.

Please don't think this issue is negating the rest of that linked post, it was brilliant, and J.A.S.O.N. got my gears turning on a few things. But I can not see 13 Tribes...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Its all about conquering Death Fear , U conquer the fear of Death and there is nothing that can harm you.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheTruthIsFromGod

I want to also say something about that video you posted...in it shows a picture that depicts Asclepius and that picture has been photoshopped.

Here is the real image...

upload.wikimedia.org...

Notice in the real picture..there are no 'horns' with his fingers pointing down. That video really is misleading to ones own agenda.

edit on 25-1-2011 by LeoVirgo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Very keen observation!

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Here is a interesting point of view

astrology.about.com...

To note...going by astronomy, like I have pointed out that Venus is right now really sitting in Ophiuchus...Jupiter is really sitting in Pisces, our current age we are in now. This article uses the 'real positions' for reflection.

The emergence of Ophiuchus into the public eye has taken astrologers by surprise, and evoked many different responses. Uranus rules astrology, and Jupiter is there to cause great excitement (or exaggeration) in the last degrees of Pisces. I find this meaningful since Uranus/Jupiter together shake us out of our established ways of thinking, and Pisces has to do with the illusions of time.

Jupiter/Uranus in these last degrees of Pisces can open us to other kinds of knowing, for a fusion of the intellect and intuition. Interestingly, today there's an article in Natural News with its telling title, Big Picture Thinking Trumps Narrow Minded Expertise. The Pisces kind of knowing includes promptings from unknown sources, that some call Universe itself.

With Pisces, we touch our immortality by experiencing the divine self that transcends time. The archetype of Ophiuchus, named in this Space.com article, the "Celestial Medicine Man," is linked to Aesculapius in Greek myth. As this article explains, King James I of England (who ruled in the 1600s) called Ophiuchus "a mediciner after made a god," for never losing a patient. From the article, "The association with a serpent may have come from the belief that, by shedding its skin, it is rejuvenated."

The idea of shedding skin, like the snake, conjures the death and rebirth process

Im liking the title of 'celestial medicine man' for Ophiuchus.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by trinity369

Greetings LeoVirgo;

WOW!!! Yes this resonates with me as well. The simplicity of the equation has been over looked by many, for a very long time. The realization of our entering into the Golden Age, has now come full circle, literally and figuratively, in this case one and the same. I know that our perception of time is a ruse, and has no meaning beyond this planet. Our sun is changing as we speak, and will continue, now that we have passed the alinement of 12/21/2010. One Maya elder has stated, "I can tell you for sure that the earth will have a new sun, what I can not tell you is, if it will be the same one or not." I have been sun gazing for quite a wile, and can tell that it has changed. The informational transference from one scale to the next has increased, the upgrade has begun.

I encourage you to continue with this post, and your enlightenment of the truth. Well Done!!!

In Love Light and Wisdom
trinity369

I also think the sun and it's light is becoming more "informed" or intelligent, which by extension would include all the other stars and galaxies combined.
It's a happiness that I cannot describe, and when I'm at a loss for words, then something must be happening..! lol

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The star, named Zeta Ophiuchi, is huge, with a mass of about 20 times that of our sun. In this image, in which infrared light has been translated into visible colors we see with our eyes, the star appears as the blue dot inside the bow shock.

It's traveling at a whopping 54,000 miles per hour (or 24 kilometers per second).

www.sciencedaily.com...]Runaway Star Plows Through Space

"When the Blue Star Kachina makes its appearance in the heavens, the Fifth World will emerge."

"The end of all Hopi ceremonialism will come when a "Kachina" removes his mask during a dance in the plaza before uninitiated children."

- Hopi Prophecy

• Could the Blue Star Kachina be Zeta Ophiuchi?
• Could the unmasked Kachina be the appearance of constellation Ophiuchus?
• Could the "dance in the plaza" be referring to Zeta Ophiuchi's movement?
• Could "uninitiated children" be referencing us? In that, en mass, we follow incorrect zodialogical cycles today and have little to no true understanding of astrology.

edit on 1/25/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Wouldn't that depend, in part, on whether it is visible to the naked eye? Does anyone know if it is, or if its trajectory will make it so?

edit on 25-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Student X

"Wouldn't that depend, in part, on whether it is visible to the naked eye?"

Perhaps it was a visionary prophecy, not one based on precise measurements.
Or if the prophecy is of antiquity, perhaps the knowledge gained from the lost technology of our ancestors was passed down through story, myth, legend, and religion. I believe in an ancient technological rise and fall of our ancestors.

Is the significance of its (kachina) sighting relevant to us as observers seeing it with the naked eye? Are the pictures from Hubble and WMAP not real because our eye can not see such distant objects? What about the cellular, microscopic, and subatomic worlds? Do they not exist?

This image was posted all over the net and viewed by many people around the world. We all see it and are aware of it now. Does it not exist because our unaided eyes can not see it?

Really all I am doing is speculating as logically as I can. I personally believe I can not be absolutely sure about much because our past has been forgotten, lost, and hidden.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Hi Student ans Sahabi

Ive been thinking about this...and along the lines of if 'our true self' was sending us 'moments' in time to remind us of something or let us know 'we are on the right path'.....this 'IAM', SPIRIT, what ever you want to call it...would know that we have the technology to find things way beyond our eyesight.

I can remember when MIRA hit the news and we learned about this great star that was plowing through space...leaving a tail behind herself that was enormously huge. There was something about that discovery, like what Im feeling now and lately, that told me "Im where Im supposed to be".

So I think we need to realize, our 'maker/emanator/higher selves/' what ever you want to call it....knows we have this technology to look far beyond our eye sight...and this allows us to be discovering great things right now.

Now if some 'blue star' was supposed to be shown to the world for some 'purpose' of meaning....then yes, I would think it would need to be seen with the naked eye. But I dont shrug off the things we are seeing with our technologies.

Mira....
She has a tail that is 13 light years long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spaceplace.nasa.gov...

As we are creators...we have created 'eyes in space'. Through our own emanations...we are able to see beyond our naked eye.

So Im not sure how to take the whole idea that it needs to be with our literal eyes or our 'space eyes' that we have created lol.

Lots of love
LV

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Such a beautiful pic btw!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Your are very welcome friend. I try to help out when I can..

Be well

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Here is a interesting read. The same concept of the 'cosmos' holding a natural cycle of the 'soul' of mankind is within this reading.

Though it uses the sidereal zodiac....it also is mixing 'true solar' positions with the sidereal. If you will notice there is a image that has '3 zodiacs' in the image (3 wheels). The very outside wheel is 'true solar wheel' which does include Ophiuchus in it.

Note that it gives the position of the 'galactic center' on the edge of Sagittarius, close to Ophiuchus. Also note that it shows the 'galactic alignment' everyone waits for in 2012 is likely to of happened in 1998 and I have seen this said before. The galactic center is a 'bulge'...it is huge! Our sun aligned to its most center point in 1998 and we are slowly moving out of this bulge.

From my intuition, I feel this whole 'awareness' thing goes on for a period of about 700 years. It takes people connecting with people for a long period of time. Its personal and its universal. For it to be universal/global...we have to connect with each other by sharing our thoughts that we 'feel' there is something going on in this 'age'. For that to really happen....then we will notice over the past few hundred years more then just a few people writing about what they feel, we will notice more then just a few people, claiming a connection to the cosmos. This has defiantly been happening and I think now is the time that we can step up and not just wonder if its been happening...but say YES, it has been happening. We have enough people that have written about such things, we have even our past ancient ones taht felt a connection of certain area of the sky...especially the galactic center.

www.lunarplanner.com...

This article is not intended to favor or debate the cause of Earth's precession; it is about the precessional cycle itself; the relationship between the tropical and sidereal zodiaks; and the role of Earth's precession cycle in the evolution of human consciousness.

The tropical zodiak aligned with the fixed sidereal zodiak around 200 A.D. but has since drifted 25°; i.e. this was when zero degrees tropical Aries aligned with 0° sidereal Aries. The vernal point currently resides at about 5° sidereal Pisces as it slowly moves toward the sidereal sign of Aquarius--thus we are completing the age of Pisces. We will formally enter the age of Aquarius when the vernal point precesses to 0° Aquarius--in about 360 years (5° x 72 yrs) from now. The vernal point is also called the Birthplace, or the Office of the Christ (point of the soul)--governing the timing of the re-birth of the sun-sol-soul consciousness into the world.

Notice in the image below...there is labeled the 'gate of man' and the 'gate of god'. The area of the gate of man is on a 'cusp' place....this cusp sits directly on the top cusp of Orion. The top of Orion's club borders this 'cusp' of Gemini and Taurus...and this is where our Sun currently sits during our summer solstice.

Notice the image shows the 'gate of gods'....and this sits right next to the cusp of Ophiuchus. If you were viewing the large sky, you could draw a direct line from Orion and Ophiuchus. Even though the center bulge of the galactic center sits in Sagittarius's border, I still find the whole 'knowledge' of the bordering Ophiuchus coming to our media as of late is no happenstance for us. Its a simply reminder that Ophiuchus, the 'healer' stands to the side of the galactic center. We should not shrug of Sagittarius because the arrow of Sagittarius....points to this center. Both Sagittarius and Ophiuchus and even Scorpio (the sign Ophiuchus seems to stand upon while the scorpions stinger seems to be stinging his heal) are all a part of understanding that seems to run deep into many ancient stories that used the stars as personifications. Sagittarius represents part animal and part man. Cross over the galactic center into Ophiuchus and we have the man controlling the animal. Not a easy task..for the animal of Scorpion still tries to sting the man while he wrestles the snake. The whole 'cosmic' path seems to be about going from a 'earthly animal nature' and evolving to a more 'man spiritual nature'.

I would suggest that if anyone feels that pull to 'control the impulsive nature' and grow more towards ones 'spiritual nature' that now is a very natural time to do that and work on that.

The constellation Scorpio dips south of the ecliptic plane with only the Scorpion's head lying upon the ecliptic--encompassing only about 6° of the ecliptic. Ophiuchus, the serpent holder, stands upon the Scorpion and crosses the ecliptic--thus creating the thirteenth ecliptical constellation.

I want to note that my personal path of all cosmic wonders...began as I observed Mars conjunct Regulus, the heart of the Lion. I had a 'feeling' that someone was going to die, I told one person of this 'feeling which was my mother. 2 weeks later, on that summer solstice, I sat by her bedside while her kidneys were failing her. She told me of 9 hours of visions that day. From many things of Egypt, to her own fate and past, and told me that she was told, to tell me, to keep watching my stars. This event changed my life.

Regulus is Chief or King of the Four Royals. It is the only one of the four lying exactly on the ecliptic plane. At 5° sidereal Leo, Regulus is also the only one aspecting Earth's Ecliptical Cross. Regulus, or "the Rex" means the Law Giver--a clue to its astrological influence as the Heart of the Lion.

Just as Earth is tilted with repspect to its orbit around the sun, so too is our solar system tilled with repspect to the the plane of our galaxy. The ecliptic plane is tilted about 60° to our galaxy's equatorial plane. This creates another intersecting line, one which remains stationary (relative to Earth's precessional period). This axis is called the galactic equatorial axis and it is the fixed axis of Earth's Precessional Cross. The primary reference point of this axis is the galactic equatorial node (GEN), which resides at 5° sidereal Sagittarius. This node is called the "Gate of God." Its opposite point, the anti-GEN, resides at 5° sidereal Gemini and it is called the "Gate of Man."

The vernal point currently resides at the 3/4 point (270°) in its cycle, making the vernal axis exactly perpendicular to the galactic axis, thus creating a perfect cross in the ecliptic--the Erect Holy Cross. This exact precessional cross occurred in July of 1998

I think we can all agree that it has been somewhat of a 'ride' since 1998. We entered this 'bulge' around 1980 and will start to exit it around 2017. This points the center point at 1998.

I suggest the Cycle of Earth's Precessional Cross is the timepiece that drives the "Evolutionary Cycle of the Soul" collective on Earth-- revealing the unfoldment of human consciousness. We are just emerging from the last 12,000 years of temporal darkness, which began at the last (90°) erect cross (about 10,000 to 12,000 years ago), the time of separation from unified awareness--the time of the "Biblical Flood." The erect precessional cross occurring now (~2,000 A.D.) marks the time in our Great World Cycle where a re-unification in consciousness begins.

The erect cross occurring now creates a primary transition in the Cycle of Earth's Precessional Cross, in the "Evolutionary Cycle of the Soul.

First, we must realize that the wisdom of the true astrology of the ancients, as with other esoteric (Gnostic) wisdom, was transferred (taken) from Babylon, Caldia, and Egypt, and then it was eventually bastardized into a confused menagerie. This seems to have started with the dominating influence of Alexander the Great, king of Macedonia (336 to 323 B.C.), who catalyzed an amalgamation of Egyptian, Babylonian, and Greco-Roman thought into a new cultural expression in the 4th century B.C.; and later by Ptolemy

The Hellenists bastardized Egypt's already cryptic and esoteric language into near total confusion because the majority of the Hellenistic culture did not have the perceptual awareness to comprehend matters of the soul, nor had they the capacity to intellectually comprehend Egypt's mythical picture language. Instead of grasping the language (astronomical mythical images as well as Egyptian hieroglyphics) from a soul perspective and realizing the transcendent wisdom of the evolutionary journey of the soul, the Greco-Romans attempted to translate this picture language from the perspective of the limited personality. This reduced Ancient Egypt's esoteric wisdom into a non-sensible confusion of men worshipping a pantheon of gods and stars. The dispersion of this confusion from Alexandria into Eastern Europe through the centuries ahead led to confused occult practices and perverted systems of belief that ran rampant throughout Eastern Europe at the time. The Roman Empire, Christianity and Byzantium, and their various sects--all derivations of the esoteric wisdom of Ancient Egypt--were the eventual result of this confused cultural fusion that originated in and migrated from Alexandria

Astronomy and astrology were always one and the same until the Greco-Roman church-state astronomers began to record planetary ephemerides referenced to the moving vernal point rather than to the fixed stars, but ignoring that the vernal point moved with precessional, and while maintaining that all other heavenly bodies rotated around the Earth--a statement certainly affirming true egoic consciousness

Here was planted the bastardization of true soul level astronomical astrology, and here began the Hellenistic, Ptolemaic, tropical astrology in an age of suppression, and which is still in vogue today.

It is interesting to note that many of the religions of the world, as well as the perpetuation of "tropical astrology" still in vogue today are based on the confused mentalities common to the early first millennia. It is also interesting to consider that the perpetual use of tropical astrology today may be an energetic and harmonic affirmation that perpetuates a chiasm in time that continues to widen at the rate of Earth's precession, one keeping the masses drifting in time-confusion rather than living in the truth that the true sidereal zodiak reveals. Perhaps Pluto's transit through sidereal Sag starting in 2006 will help open the way for the truth of the heavens to eventually shine.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Something else on my 'to read list' but I have not researched this myself.

www.scribd.com...

So let us begin to pull the veil off the MYSTERY by noting that there has been a hidden plan to our “accidental” disasters. The Sun and Moon are often directly in aspect to the Galactic Centre when disasters occur. Looking back at the worst earthquakes, there were aspects between the Sun and Galactic Centre in many cases: the largest earthquake of 2005 showed the Sun square the Galactic Centre, the deadliest earthquake of 2004 came as the Sun was conjunct[1] the Galactic Centre, the largest earthquake of 2003 had the Sun square the GC, the deadliest of 2003 placed the Sun conjunct the Galactic Centre (and occurred on the same date as 2004: 26th December 2003 and close to the birthday of Jesus), the deadliest of 2002 had the Sun square the Galactic Centre, and finally the largest earthquake in 2001 had the Sun opposite the Galactic Centre.

Three of the eleven largest earthquakes given in a list by Steven Dutch[ii] had the Moon in Gemini directly opposite the Galactic Centre.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
www.evenstarcreations.com...

This link wont let me copy and paste...but its a good read as well.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
www.soulsofdistortion.nl...

Introduction There are four major celestial conjunctions in Plato’s Great Year (25920 years) that were of interest to the ancients since they divide the Great Year into four epochs or Great Ages of 6480 years each. In the paper ‘Crucifying the Earth on the Galactic Cross’ (Smelyakov, Wicherink 2006) these four extremely rare celestial conjunctions in a Great Year were called the Great Celestial Conjunctions (GCC). These Great Celestial Conjunctions coincide with the moments in the precession cycle that the Earth Cross of the Zodiac aligns with the Galactic Cross of the Solar Zodiac. A Great Celestial Conjunction coincides with the Sun aligning with the Galactic Equator at solstices or equinoxes. There are two places on the ecliptic where the Sun can align with the Galactic Equator since the ecliptic crosses the Milky Way at two places and hence we discern two different types of galactic alignments in a Great Year: * An alignment of the Sun with the Galactic Equator in the constellation Scorpio\Sagittarius near the Galactic Center. This alignment corresponds with the Sun residing in the Dark Rift during the alignment. * An alignment of the Sun with the Galactic Equator in the constellation Gemini\Taurus near the Galactic Anti-Center. This alignment corresponds with the Sun residing on the Milky Way near the Pleiades during the alignment. Whenever an alignment of the Sun with the Galactic Equator occurs on an equinox or solstice day, this alignment will correspond with a Great Celestial Conjunctions as mentioned in the paper ‘Crucifying the Earth on the Galactic Cross’ The last Great Celestial Conjunction occurred in our own current era around 1998 and this conjunction is also known as ‘Galactic Alignment’ that was popularized by John Major Jenkins in a book with the same title. Galactic Alignment is the winter solstice Sun’s alignment with the Galactic Equator when the Sun is in the Dark Rift. This alignment was encoded into the Maya sacred site Izapa in Mexico.

Since the conjunction of the Sun with the Galactic Equator happens twice a year, we also had a summer solstice Galactic Alignment happening around the last GCC in the year 1998. During this alignment the Sun was on the Milky Way near the Galactic Anti-Center, which in turn is close to the Pleiades.

This ceremony is echoed in many myths where the death have to cross over the waters to enter the afterlife. In ancient Egypt the death crossed that great river in the sky, the Milky Way through the ‘Gate of God’. The river Avon at Stonehenge is a methaphor for the Milky Way. The ‘gate of God’ astronomically speaking is the crossing of the ecliptic and Milky Way in 5° Sagittarius. The deceased pharaoh travelled into the Netherworld as described in the ‘Book of the Gates"’ by passing the primeval waters of the Milky Way at the hour of the rebirth of the Sun (sunrise)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im sorry I keep posting but I keep finding stuff...

pperov.angelfire.com...

The Bhagavad-Gita (4:7-8) says: "Whenever there is decay of righteousness... and there is exaltation of unrighteousness, then I Myself come forth... for the destruction of evil-doers, for the sake of firmly establishing righteousness, I am born from age to age."

The multiplicity of gods are explained by a ‘One Deity’ that emanates, evolves and reabsorbs itself, or the ‘Self’ who knows, separates and transcends itself.

The microcosmic mind, being an offspring, has the promise of access to its Father. Yet the Primordial Mind can not contain any thought such as men know. If it be described as quiescent [motionless inert, silent, dormant], it must be unknowable, or at least so extremely far removed that it does not partake of even the essences of time and space, thought or existence, otherwise it would be subject to their processes. As the sun may shine in a thousand rooms, yet remains itself unaffected, and the One mind illuminates a myriad of minds, yet remains inseparably a unit, so does the Primordial Mind comprise all existence, but has [it is said] no existence. ‘The world’, consisting of individual perceptions of time, space and appearances, in the multiplicity of finite minds, ceases to exist as they become more like one another, brought together in agreement by truth. What remains is said to be more like something clear, transparent, qualityless and formless, a stainless mirror.

The words Sagittarius and Gemini are included only in the English Oahspe. Originally the “gates”, which designated the ascent and descent of souls to heaven, were Capricorn and Cancer respectively, which are the signs of the preceding precessional age. [Jenkins argues that these changed to Sagittarius and Gemini in the time of Macrobius (ca. 410 AD). Macrobius located the gateways at the crossing point between the Milky Way and the ecliptic (which occurs at 2 places ie each gate)

We hear of galactic portals opening doorways or gates to other dimensions. I haven’t found any ideal more profound than the neo-Pythagorean philosopher’s doctrine of two doorways in the cosmic cave through which the soul ascends and descends. Later this develops in Mithraism and its teaching that involves the ascent and descent of souls through celestial gateways. The ideology of Plato and Mithraism was developed by gods. Today we fall short of their knowledge. In the animation, 5° sidereal Sagittarius is named the "Gate of God." The opposite node, at 5° sidereal Gemini, is named the "Gate of Man."

Osire, through his mathematicians, now furnished the Lords with maps of corporeal stars, and moon, and sun, and the position of the earth, with the sun-belt, and bestowed the names of animals upon them. Showed where the region of Cows was; the place of Bulls; the place of Bears; the place of Horses; the place of Fishes; the place of Scorpions; the place of Sheep; the place of Lions; the place of Crabs; the place of Death (sagittarius); the place of Life (Gemini); the place of Capricornus; and marked the seasons, and made twelve sections (months) to the year, which was the width of the sun-belt. Book Of Osiris Ch XII

We must note with precession, our elliptical Suns path has 'dipped' up so Ophiuchus's foot crosses the elliptic, making 13 signs on the path of the Sun.

The doctrine of two doorways in the cosmic cave through which the soul ascends and descends is drawn from the neo-Pythagorean philosophers Numenius and Cronius. The soul descends into manifestation (Genesis) through the gateway in Cancer, and ascends to the transcendental realm (apogenesis) through the gateway in Capricorn. The placement of the solstitial gates in Capricorn and Cancer are attributed to Porphyry and Numenius (2nd cent. AD) when the solstices were in Capricorn and Cancer, but goes back to an earlier time as the idea of solstices as gateways were alluded to in Homer’s Odyssey. Macrobius wrote that the sidereal location of the gateways is defined by the crossing point between the Milky Way and the ecliptic. Jenkins notes that the gates were viewed rising heliacally (before the sun), requiring they be relocated to Gemini and Sagittarius where they sat by the time of Macrobius.

What this points out is the importance of noting precession....for precession changes many things, including the 'gateway' direction of the galactic center and the anti galactic center. Now they sit generally towards Sagittarius and Gemini (which are also the directions generally of Ophiuchus and Orion)....but long ago they sat in Capricorn and Cancer. We must be keen observers.

Adrian Gilbert tells us the ancient Greeks believed that souls reside in the Milky Way and that there are 2 "gates" on the Milky Way. These are the Silver Gate of Gemini, through which souls descend to earth, and the Golden Gate of Sagittarius, through which souls ascend (and through which the Gods descend). The Golden Gate is at the point where the ecliptic crosses the Milky Way, just near Galactic Centre (GC). At the other end of the Milky Way, the Silver Gate is above Orion, at the centre of the Duat; the Egyptian Netherworld which was represented on the ground in the Giza area.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join