It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING - New Air Force commercial - what does it mean?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It's not science fiction...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Im a uk citizen, but if our airforce made that whilst in a recession, we would have a civil war, or atleast sack the nearest MP that had anything to do with it. I wonder how much us dollars that cost to make and advertise? And guess what, you paid for it!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

I agree, moreover the US army has recently been guilty of something similar in shelling out the resources to develop, launch and maintain one of the most popular online first person shooters in the last five years. America's Army. Free to play and nothing more than a giant recruitment tool, while they are receiving back part of there investment by leasing private servers, the amount of money spent on nothing more than one giant recruiting tool defies imagination.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

It's using fear to get young people to join the service. It seems like they're trying to get two messages across. They're reminding people there's still terrorists that want to cause massive devastation in the U.S. and we need your help to prevent it. Help protect your homeland, join the Air Force.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's the biggest irony really,

The reality is saving a few and killing the rest. Civilians are the major casualties in any war.... they call it "collateral damage" nowadays, a nice cool wording. Of course no one says things like "deliberate collateral damage" it wouldn't work.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Everybody says this is playing off of fear, but the more I think about it the more I think that's not quite what they're going for. I think it's more that they're appealing to people wanting to be heros.

It's pretty simple actually. To control people, keep them afraid. To get them to join you, say you'll make them better somehow.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I’m glad someone brought up these commercials. I’ve seen a few different ones, and then asked why they were clearly making it look like they were on different planets with guns, and then say “it’s a reality”.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think that it may be a mix of tricks and traps.
firstly there is the first responder 9/11 mystique,
secondly, the high tech, clean uniforms and fancy looking gear.
Thirdly, its contrasted with a bunch of helpless victims,(implying be a hero not a victim,if you join you wont be there for the devastation.....till you ride in on your white horse that is....)
fourth they show the transformer bit to get you thinking that the AF is way ahead of its time, and you can be part of that too....
truth to tell, the jolly greens were a courageous bunch of flyers, and many dies to ensure nobody got left behind.
I am sure casualty rates among the jollies, were higher than average.
The offworld commercial of phages, is definately a universal soldier environment, more than earthly...see the trees etc.
The predator image of them finding the casualty with infra red vision was a clever take from the popular preditor series.
its not about the direct connections anyways, so relax if you didnt notice any...its all about the subliminal signals which your mind may miss, but your subconcious does not ever.....
much of this is not even verbal, but designed to be emotional.
it sticks better that way.
(all the way to the recruiting orfice)
Funny i just opened a thread on subtle mind control methods....and this comes along right after...synchronous or what>.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What this says to me is that the producer for Air Force propaganda enjoyed the Halo 3 story line

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

True. But notice the victim never speaks giving the viewer a sense of mysterious suspicion of anonimity.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbiy666

Yeah right. Why do you think your superiors, the Windsors, was just granted more secrecy? Is it because they are afraid of you? Or is it because they love.spending your.tax dollars.while they hide behind US might like little Israelis?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I don't see this commercial as "chilling". Propaganda for sure, but the message I interpret is that there is hope in the face of disaster. That there are people willing to help others when they can't help themselves. Humans are capable of anything, good or bad, and wouldn't it be nice to know, if you found yourself trapped under a collapsed building, that others would be dedicated to finding you? A positive mental attitude would boost survival odds considerably, so maybe a little bit of propaganda for that isn't such a terrible thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
You guys are reading too much into it. Advertisers would never insert hidden meanings to persuade you to their product, especially ones working for the government. You should all take this at face value and join the air force! Yay! Who-Rah!

Is there a new ATS motto? "Take things at face value and deny investigation?"

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
WTF? That kind of advert wouldn't go down well in the UK. thinking people are stupid enough to think that war is like a video game, thats what they are trying to do. make it look clean, safe and fun, -"we cant show people what its really like or nobody will join"

I have never seen a flying hospital use a crumbling bridge as a runway before. what bull# is this? this is NOT real life. that woman is more likely to be with severe wounds, screaming, while people try to keep her alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

www.youtube.com...

We most definetly have aircraft like that which can land on an area shorter than a bridge.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03
You're reading into it too much in my opinion. First of all, there's nothing to say that's an American city. The US is not the only place with modern cities. As for the plane transforming, the plane at first is something that looks like it would be thought up for a CGI scene in a movie and at the end it transforms into a plane that actually exists, effectively showing the audience that we already have actual planes capable of performing what the CGI plane did.

So I started reading this I agree with Warbird03. The commercial is simply glamourizing the USAF so that when you watch it, it will make you run to the recruitors office. Not only that it's basically saying that the more our world changes, technologically, the USAF MEDEVAC Dept. will, and always will be, ready for any type of catastrophic event that may happen.. I'm in the Army and they have changed a lot of things recently for homeland readiness after the events of 9/11, so using a similar picture of a US city is kind of a subliminal message so to speak. Like I tell everyone that want to know about Iraq/Afghanistan, or inspiring new military recruits.. Don't watch CNN or Fox News for your answers because half of it is horrible desemination of information and the other is made up media hype.. and if the military showed you what kind of dumb # we do on a daily basis to try and sell you a contract you would literally walk out and start applying at McDonalds.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Star for you.
I was waiting for Spock to jump out at the end of the Video,with "Live long,and prosper"

Total Science Fiction,I might add..............

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

"It's not science fiction."

Take that one-liner as a hint. It looks like a future in which the technologically advanced USAF will aide what appears to be a few survivors in a post-apocalyptic world. Neat.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

I thought it was neat also. You have to admit,it looks like a trailer for a video game though.....

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Perhaps this commercial is another form of gentle disclosure. There are those who find ways to prime the public for more than likely possible senerios. DON'T read too much into it.... but Do allow for possibliities. I suggest keeping an open mind to all possibilities where natural or manmade disasters are concerned.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join