It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHILLING - New Air Force commercial - what does it mean?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
The following video strikes me as very odd for a couple reasons, not the least of which is that this video does not seem to follow with the ones preceding it in this very same real / CGI style they have been doing since around 2006.

You will notice this is a commercial for Air Force Medevac division but watch for yourself as to what this video contains and ask yourself a couple questions. Why does it depict what appears to be an American city completely in ruins with people on a bridge that is collapsing which looks eerily similar to scenes of the film 2012? The people on the bridge are hurt and airlifted out right before the bridge collapses which would indicate a sudden and catastrophic event such as a nuclear strike, asteroid impact or perhaps a giant 10.0 earthquake. Why is this imagery used in such a way?

Secondly, the end theme as always is "It's not science fiction, it's what we do every day". Ok, well why when the plane fly's away at the end are we treated to a scene straight out of transformers and CGI, I have never seen an Air Force plane capable of such transformation, so how is it NOT science fiction?

edit on 24-1-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thats a pretty cool looking commerical , i believe the transformer science fiction theme is to show you the new tech and air crafts that will be available for the future for evacs. The airplane does a sem-transform seems plasuable with todays tech . Shows you the future branches of some of the emergency medics.

As for the disaster scene its just to show you that sure we might of caused it but we have the toys to get you out , then you see the american flag . Be Proud of american technology which is used to help the sick and wounded from whatever the ptb devistation plan for that year lool. Good find !

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
You're reading into it too much in my opinion. First of all, there's nothing to say that's an American city. The US is not the only place with modern cities. As for the plane transforming, the plane at first is something that looks like it would be thought up for a CGI scene in a movie and at the end it transforms into a plane that actually exists, effectively showing the audience that we already have actual planes capable of performing what the CGI plane did.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This is ironic. I have seen this a few times on TV, but last night I saw it and said wtf happened to that city? Why would they show that as a scenario? Sure it could happen, but why not a flood or an earthquake? That looked like something exploded by the looks of the debris. Just made me wonder...I'm sure someone just thought it looked cool and went with it. But still...geez....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by vincentBlue24
This is ironic. I have seen this a few times on TV, but last night I saw it and said wtf happened to that city? Why would they show that as a scenario? Sure it could happen, but why not a flood or an earthquake? That looked like something exploded by the looks of the debris. Just made me wonder...I'm sure someone just thought it looked cool and went with it. But still...geez....

It makes far more sense for a branch of the military to choose a scene that looks like it came straight out of a war movie, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I noticed no one is wearing nuclear safe suits, masks. SO personally I see this commercial as a catastrophic situation being handled by the airforce..This is quite interesting...Great find thanks for posting.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vincentBlue24

This was my thought exactly, with all the possible scenarios they could have depicted in this commercial they choose to show a modern city completely and totally destroyed by a cataclysmic event straight out of Hollywood.
I wouldn't be bothered so much if this wasn't put together and aired on National TV by the U.S. Government.

I'm not saying it isn't possible that I may be reading too much into it but to me it would seem just another subliminal message thrown out there for some sort of desensitization of the general public. In my opinion, most people who would be considered the masses would not give this ad a second thought, it would just sit in there sub conscious.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
that made me laugh so hard.tryin to make people buy into the whole hero thing.now that is proper propaganda if i ever saw it.anyone from the states should check out similar british airforce and army commercials.same stupid ass "yeah we're hero's" or "this is better than COD".i seriosly hope that none of these adverts convinced anyone to join.if you wanna save people then be a doctor not a murderer.and while im ranting do you or have you met anybody in your life that ever wanted a war.....me neither

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
What does it mean?

It means they are looking for people to join the airforce.
I don't see what you are seeing...I just see a commercial aimed at recruiting some troops.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Honestly, I would rather have people listen to this commercial and joining the medevac division instead of sitting at home watching TV. Most people who would be influenced by a commercial like this has a good chance of not achieving much anyways to be honest, and that way they could at least help people.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"Not too long ago, the idea of hospitals in the sky would have been a subject of science fiction, but not anymore. Set partly in the future, this commercial shows how the U.S. Air Force is able to respond to natural disasters around the world by landing a giant medical transport equipped with an operational intensive care unit into a metropolitan area following a devastating storm. After the members of the medical team render aid on the ground and load the wounded onto the plane, the commercial created GSD&M Idea City, Austin reveals that the technology and capabilities depicted within are not science fiction, but in fact are an important part of the Air Force mission" www.bestadsontv.com...

People waking up realising the government is full of # they need to pull out all the stops for recuriting . Cool tech videos like this makes kids wanna get curiuos and look into joining lol . Anything to sucker in some new recruits meat shields. Using video games , concerts , UFC where ever the young punks are for recruitement

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Yeah, I definitely see where your coming from. It would stand to reason that the more you dramatize and romanticize a job, the more people you could interest in doing it, sure.

Problem is, after the movie 2012 we had official statements from the highest level of government how irresponsible the film was in inciting possibly more panic concerning 12-21-2012, how is the depiction of the scene in the commercial less irresponsible? Moreover, why would it be used?

Dramatizing is one thing, showing apocalyptic type scenery involving a major modern city which involves complete destruction is suspect at best when it comes from Uncle Sam.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The government is the name.
Propaganda is their game.
They usually don't play by the rules they set for others.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I didn't see this as just about recruitment, but as propaganda to show the US military as the good guys going in and rescuing civilians.
Never mind their usual mission is to blow up stuff from the sky.
I'm sure many citizens of Baghdad or Kosovo would find this commercial at odds with their own experiences.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Firstly, It's supposed to be Ironic by showing CGI and sci-fi images. That's the whole point.

Secondly, showing an American type city in ruins is the best way of recruiting those patriotic Americans that will do anything to protect their soil. Simple psychology and clever marketing. Simples.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
...they need to pull out all the stops for recuriting .

Exactly.

It's not science fiction? Why use CGI then?

This is just desperate recruitment plea for more human drones and cannon fodder.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I wonder how much it will cost the taxpayer to build a transformer hospital airline jet and also how much would the medical bill be for that kind of treatment im guessing only the richest 1% will have the ins. to cover that. These types of commercials to me seem to be targeting the younger generation and suggesting that the U.S. will be the grounds of war or some catastrophic event but i look at this as a over hyped cool look of our air force and military trying to give you the idea if you join you will ride in a transforming airliner/hospital when all you will be doing is signing your life away to the government on the basis that your protecting freedom when your just continuing there agenda pure propaganda for the younger crowd IMO.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
...And this link is from '09.

www.denverpost.com...

An Associated Press investigation found that over the past five years, the money the military spends on winning hearts and minds at home and abroad has grown by 63 percent, to at least $4.7 billion this year, according to Department of Defense budgets and other documents. That's almost as much as it spent on body armor for troops in Iraq and Afghanistan from 2004 to 2006.

This year, the Pentagon will employ 27,000 people just for recruitment, advertising and public relations — almost as many as the total 30,000-person workforce in the State Department.

The biggest chunk of funds — about $1.6 billion — goes into recruitment and advertising. Another $547 million goes into public affairs, which reaches American audiences. And about $489 million more goes into what is known as psychological operations, which targets foreign audiences.

Well, you get the point.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I don't notice anything "chilling" about this video in the sense that all military recruitment videos try and make the military like some high-tech video-game in which the main goal is to save the innocent civilians from disasters.

The point of this commercial is to make the Air Force look all high-tech and awesome... which it certainly does

It's not unlike the military to try and portray themselves like pop-culture phenomena. Back in the day, they actually set up recruitment centers at movie theaters showing Top-Gun. So its not surprising they try and make their planes look like Metatron from Transformers

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Firstly, It's supposed to be Ironic by showing CGI and sci-fi images. That's the whole point.

It seems more like inadvertent irony to be honest.

Exactly how do you reckon it's supposed to be ironic and how is that "the whole point"?

Secondly, showing an American type city in ruins is the best way of recruiting those patriotic Americans that will do anything to protect their soil.

Perhaps these "patriots" could spend a little less time concerned with their soil and a little more on the protection of their constitution. Bartering freedom for security against false insecurities just doesn't seem like fair trade. Then again, these Air Force and military types rarely demonstrate that they can think for themselves. Patriotism is just nationalism coupled with blind subservience after all. Ah, the American dream, what is was, what it could have been and what it's become.

Simple psychology and clever marketing. Simples.

Yep, that just about describes patriotism.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join