It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

475000 Tonnes Worth of Pollution Permits Stolen From Czech Carbon Bank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Hope this has not been posted already. While doing my normal search of the internet I came upon this story.
It appears that someone has hacked into a Czech Carbon bank and managed to steal around 7 million Euros worrth of Carbon permits.
These pollution permits allow companies that are big enough to afford them, permission to pollute.
475000 EUA s were stolen . Each EUA is equivalent to one tonne of carbon.

In all honestly I was aware of carbon permits , but I did not know banks and things had been set up to distribute them.Or the scale they were being issued.
With these permits smaller companies are going to suffer and the larger ones are just going to get larger.

The Czech thefts are negligible in the overall volume of trade in EUAs. But they are not the first. In November, 1.6 million EUAs disappeared from the carbon account of cement maker Holcim, held in the Romanian national carbon registry. And earlier this month, someone tried to hack into the Austrian registry.

Will there be no end to their corruption?? How can they not track the Carbon permits???
Whatever side of the global warming fence you sit, these carbon permits are likely here to stay. First for the companies ,then for us as individuals. Just another form of control.

What do you ATSers think?
Take Care
Regards
www.newscientist.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
would be useful if someone here explained us how it works: permits are not gold, so must not be such a deal to steal it...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maythetruthbeknown

This is just the beginning. To throw out ideas without any foundation , cornerstone, ethics, morals, or
oversight is just plain irresponsible. All for the latest fashion, all for the votes. All for nothing.

What a Waste. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

The Great and Powerful OZ has Spoken.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mutante

They should have serial numbers much the same as bank notes. But who knows how far up the corruption goes. Where there is big business there is big money and high levels of corruption.There seems to be lots of money to be made with these carbon permits.
Take Care
Regards

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Believe it or not, carbon credits are worth a lot more than gold !
Could the story in this link telegraph.co.uk have something to do with the story ??

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Check Al Gore's bank balance...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by All_Truth_Soon
Believe it or not, carbon credits are worth a lot more than gold !
Could the story in this link telegraph.co.uk have something to do with the story ??

Indeed it does All Truth Soon. Good find
Take Care

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Carbon bank? What a load of Fascist BS.. to all you Progressives and Neocons I have one word for you:

ENRON

new topics

top topics

join