It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WA bacteria taken to 'doomsday' vault

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
www.google.com...://feww.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/doomsday-vault-norway.jpg&imgrefurl=http://feww.wordpress.com/ 2008/02/&h=512&w=341&sz=52&tbnid=9NrmqCuN-sbCOM:&tbnh=275&tbnw=183&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddoomsday%2Bvault&zoom=1&q=doomsday+vault&usg=__U-3IeVYqoR6tI1xe3 Ehw9W8Js-U=&sa=X&ei=L9s9TZlVgfiAB7qMmeYI&ved=0CB4Q9QEwAg" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Sorry if this doesn't work. I'm not to great at cut and paste yet. If it does, this picture gives a rough idea of where the Norwegian vault is located. From what I can gather, the idea of putting it in such a location is to help aid in keeping it cold. It's designed to maintain freezing temps for 200 years without power. It's also designed not to flood in case of Arctic melting.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

you want to know where it is ?

ok - its on svalbard

where on svalbard ?

tell me how you are going to get to svalbard - and if you can manage that [ without charter airlines or scheduled ferries ] - you are resourcefull enough to find it without being told

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Now, I'm not saying anybody should kidnap this scientist and torture him for information and I'm not saying anybody shouldn't kidnap him and torture him for information................but I bet scientists break easily.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
After a little research in the forums, I came across a 2008 thread on this topic. The OP did a pretty fine job of detailing the map of the location, structure of the vault, and other information related to any doomsday theory.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The more we understand about the true and hidden agendas behind the seed vault (such as who would be entitled to use the seeds from it should the Earth experience a global catastrophe) and add any new evidence to such a topic, the better we can be informed about any conspirital actions resulting in the present, as well as in the future.

edit on 24-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added picture

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

great minds think alike. here is my two cents...

we are starting to make every crop a gmo. if they dont go well we have a back up.

its like with tomatoes you grow and grow..you choose what you want if you want bigger ones you breed them with big tomatoes until you get your desired size well almost but a lotta bit more technical.

or maybe they know something big is coming i mean they all have underground cities now so?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Rickmac33

So the BIG question remains is....

Q: Are the seeds that are being stored genetically modified? Or are these seeds natural (not GM)?

Another question to postulate is this one:

Q: What if the GM seeds which are in current production somehow screw up the human genetics in the long term, where pretty much where it affects the health so much that de-population occurs?

That being said, the seeds in the vault, if they are natural, can then be used to "fix" the cause of the problem and try to reverse the course? It is a way-out-in-right-field thought, but just wondering what your thoughts are on that?!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Upon further reading into the article, I noticed the following quote:

Prof Howieson is working with 30 scientists from 15 countries...to unravel the genetic secrets of rhizobia so researchers can exploit it.

``We do hope we can solve some of the problems in Africa using the outcome of this project and some problems in Australia,'' he said.

What problems are they talking about?????

So...I went on a little investigation about "crop problems in Australia" and I came across this fine article:

Global GM Crop Slowdown

Dated: February 26, 2010
www.ausfoodnews.com.au...

The annual GM industry-funded survey of global GM crops, by the International Service for the Acquisition of Agro-biotech Applications (ISAAA), shows 7 of the 25 GM countries grew less genetically manipulated (GM) crops in 2009. No more countries adopted GM and just 2.7% of global agricultural land was used for GM soy, corn, canola and cotton.

“GM is not a global industry. Just six countries dominate GM cropping, with the USA, Brazil, Argentina, India, Canada and China growing 95% of all GM crops. Though 20 other countries, including Australia, grow some GM they are just dabbling.

“The Cartagena Biosafety Protocol will be completed this year, giving countries more grounds for saying ‘no’ to GM crops. 156 countries are now members of the treaty but Australia is not among them.”

“There is not one commercial GM crop with increased yield, drought-tolerance, salt-tolerance, enhanced nutrition, a nitrogen-fixing grain or other beneficial trait promised by GM companies for over 25 years. Yet GM crops also hinder the development of real solutions to hunger and climate change by restricting funding and farmer access to seeds and knowledge.

“We need new, smarter GM-free farming systems that feed people without wrecking the planet,” Mr Phelps concludes.

Could this be an explanation to exploit the genes of these nitrogen catalyzing bacteria - to boost the production non-GM foods in a country which has restricted the use of GM seeds in a more natural way? Or can there be a possibility to GM this organism and see how it affects natural seeds and root growth?

Also, I wanted to find out about the problem in Africa. Apparently there is one....really??? So I did the same research and came across this nice article:

Are GM Crops Africa's Path to Food Security?

Date: December 7, 2010
www.voanews.com...

Karembu says crops like South Africa’s insect-resistant cotton have reduced labor and harmful insecticides, increased yield, and registered farm income gains of about 24 percent.

“Is it really worth it to put tens of millions of dollars into developing a single trait that is not very resilient? Biotechnology only solves one problem and only one piece of a problem at a time.”

And in some cases, it creates new ones. There are reports of genetically modified organisms escaping and cross-pollinating native and non-GM plants. While this has provided some farmers with short-term benefits of running into less insects and using less insecticides, the drift appears to be occurring on a much larger scale, at least in the United States.

“Although 70 percent of Africans are engaged in farming, production is so low that nearly 250 million people, one-quarter of the population, are undernourished,” wrote Juma. “One-third of Sub-Saharan Africans are chronically hungry, while drought, soil degradation and disease appear endemic.”

If you ask me, it almost appears that exploiting these genes of the micro-organism seems like they are trying to modify it in the lab and trying to adapt it to other world conditions. Moreover it seems like GM foods is starting to backfire on us as more chemicals are used to resist hostile growing enviroments on crops.

Semi-Conclusion:

Maybe the doomsday vault really is not about 2012, but about Doomsday for Earth's crops being too genetically modified that all vegetation stops growing all together due to disease and all.
edit on 24-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-1-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit comment

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Something about that place doesn't add up.

They say it's built to last "10,000" years, and if temperatures rise that the freezer units will keep the seeds frozen for 25 years.

My question: How in the HELL are they going to power those freezer units for 25 years? That requires many things.

First, they need energy for 25 years. Assuming the end of the world as we know it occurred, then there will not be any fuel resupply ships to replenish their fuel. They would need to store all that fuel there on site.

Even so, those freezer units will require many repairs over 25 years and so will require a support crew to live their on-site. That takes FOOD, lots of stored food - because in case you didn't notice, the place this is at isn't exactly good farming country. It also requires energy to keep them warm (more energy).

They would also need several complete sets of replacement parts for the entire system stored on site and protected.

Lastly, it's on an ISLAND - if the end of the world happens, just how the heck are they supposed to get those seeds OFF the island?

Lastly again, 10,000 years? Pretty sure all those metal doors, pipes, electrical will corrode in 5,000 years. No way in hell that place will last that long. Not without frequent upkeep.

My point is this: they aren't telling us the truth about this place's true purpose, because their story doesn't add up.
edit on 24-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

It's kind of like a FEMA camp for seeds. Apparently these storage facilities are for emergencies only...who knows if there isn't a UFO lab in there either!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
all of that preparation they for sure know something is going to happen.

It does not matter how much the elite prepare. The day that is sure to come will put everyone on a level playing field. Their money and their preparation will not save their souls.

The day that comes will destroy their precious vault. All life will cease to exist before the new earth is created.

Raist

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

That genome project could be on Plum Island? Afterall, genetic experimentations there are probably pretty tragic.

But I wonder if Bill Gates is working on a clone of himself?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Those are not considered clones, at least not to them. They are a part-out host. Meaning they are raised simply for spare parts. Those who have power seek to keep it in any way possible that includes finding a way they believe will make them immortal.

I might not have proof, but I believe that there is such programs and those similar to it taking place in hidden labs around the world.

Raist

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Can Doomsday spark large scale changes in plant life. I read a lot of about several thing. Someone did mention this topic at 2012-doomsday-and-plant-life below link
www.just2012.com...

As far as this Vault is considered, its purpose may not be survival after doomsday. The seeds may work for few people to survive. The large scale cultivation would still need to be controlled.
edit on 31-1-2011 by underfiresoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
can not humanity prepare without disaster on the horizon? maybe the vault is just a precaution, there are many dangers in the galaxy

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looks like Bill Gates is on the list to go underground should anything happen. The guy has put in about 30 Million dollars into the project. Now, what would be the reason for that?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
that seed vault made me nervous from the first time i heard of it.

when are governments proactive for "no reason"...never

they can barely even be "active" in the face of sudden adversity

yeah....they know something allright...........

I feel the exact same way. Time and time again I hear people like Gerald Celente and Reinhardt talk about how when the economy collapses they take everyone to war.
What are they up to?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by matrix12
all of that preparation they for sure know something is going to happen.

Yes they know something is going to happen because they are making it happen or did you not notice all the wars the USA is starting for it's zionist masters and these zionist masters are in chanrge of the banking system and thats going tits up.

What i don't get is why they continue to build nuclear power stations knowing that these will all go bang without maintance of will these be used to slowly kill us all off with cancer.

Sitting back is no longer an option and we can only hope that people not only wake up as they are doing but also have the courage to stop these zionists in their tracks.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Great find.
So, they’re taking this ‘nitrogen bug’ (so to speak) to the ‘Vault’...
But, from what I read (?) they’re also of the mind this could ‘cure’ what ails Africa?
Somehow I find it hard to believe the fertilizer companies would allow this, (‘curing Africa’ without huge bucks for ’them’) - but we can hope can’t we?
peace

en.wikipedia.org...

I suggest you read up on Comfrey. It is also an organic fertilizer and also known as the "healing herb". It can even heal bone (Teeth).

Nature is wasted on you people, you think health comes in box/pill form.
edit on 1-7-2011 by zookey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This facility does not care about the African starvation problem. Most in government, elite business, billionares, etc. ALL agree that the population needs to be curbed DOWNWARD due to the symbiotic nature of energy vs population one is finite, the other infinite meaning the two do not work for a cohesive, long standing survival plan for humanity. Look at the weather and geo charts for the past 500 years - very wet when juxtaposed against time frames outside of this, meaning humans have had it good, which is not the base line. Humanity is going to be culled, and they are taking precautions. Do not doubt for one second that they do not have donor genetic material there for invitro, etc. Most of these facilities are isolated and spread throughout the globe, hedging bets against an event.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Look at the weather and geo charts for the past 500 years - very wet when juxtaposed against time frames outside of this, meaning humans have had it good...

You should try moving to Vancouver, BC. This is the rain capital of Canada. Nothing has changed here in terms of rain for the last 500 years, though it would be nice to get a little more sun

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join