It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals with a Shelf Life Only 36 Months?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
California is constantly sending ships of food to keep Hawaii-Guam fed.

If there is a disaster all FEMA has to do is stop those ships and reroute the food for disaster relief.

Hawaii and Guam could live without their ships of food for a few months.Problem solved.

FEMA could advise Hawaii-Guam to have 90 days stockpiled and expect to lose their ships of food should something happen.

Whallah...buck gets passed on to Hawaii-Guam to stockpile 90 days of food...FEMA spends $0.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Always follow the money with Gov't purchases.

Who is going to get rich, who is going to get kickbacks now or somewhere down the line?

Who is selling near expiring food? Surplus blankets and water, etc...

It is always about excess profits and deals made behind the scenes that benefit the few and
cost the many.

ALWAYS....

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by JustinIowa

Well Justin some might but I don't, my life has been miserable since day one,although I used to go fishing before they ruined that for me that was nice.Just like these poor guys down south getting their fish Zapped.I have to worry about my father dying from coexit,he is a gulf fisherman.But stick around and you too will be frothing at the mouth.Lets see Iowa,well they could take away your farm because you reseeded with G.M.seeds that were not paid for,or Morgellons.I guess not much ever happens up there but you could freeze your asses off if they cut the power to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
While every effort should be made to discover and analyze tell tale information such as this, remember that this is only an RFI, in BIG GOV speak. I work in the defense industry, and I can say from experience that many RFI's (request for information) are the governments way of assessing whether or not general industry is capable of fulfilling some sort of contractual need, pipedream or not. In this way they find out what is possible, how much it will cost and who the most likely candidates are to play the game. In this case, there might also be a passive agressive undercurrent of fear mongering for NLE 2011.
One must agree that only the most perceptive portions of America today would recognize bits like this on FedBizOps, so good job. I came across it myself and thought it was a bit odd but acknowledging that it was only an RFI, I moved on down the path. Still though, these things are worth keeping in memory to piece together later if need be. Keep your eyes open and your powder dry.....

Rico-

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Government Conspiracies = Stupid, Egyptian Revolution = End of The World

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
There is the possibility that Fema blows out money based on an what if scenario on a regular basis, or just to be prepared, because they get the budget and will get a smaller budget if they dont blow it on something.

How many Americans have stocked up on food and ammo in the past, no needing additional supplies of either?

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Is It Strange That FEMA Wants to Buy 140 Million Packaged Meals?

.....and in other news "Scientists downplay panic as Yellowstone bulges 10 inches"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
UPDATE:

FEMA today preliminarily responded to requests for information from Tom Kowitz and Michele Gaudin, hosts of WGSO's libertarian talk show "Baldy and The Blonde." Mary Olson of the FEMA press office promised to explain why FEMA has begun to prepare for a major catastrophe affecting millions and the cost of procuring provisions for 7 million survivors.

www.bayoubuzz.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok, for everyone that has followed this thread...

We have an big UPDATE.

Did FEMA Expect Midwest MegaQuake by 2014?

Is an earthquake the size of the 1811 New Madrid quake, the largest ever to hit the eastern United States, imminent in the next 3 years? Most seismologists believe that the New Madrid Seismic Zone (NMSZ), which runs along the Mississippi River and stretches across eight states, has the potential to shift again but they can only predict a low probability of it doing so at any given time. But the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a request for information (RFI) to vendors last week for 140 million meals ready to eat (MREs) for a projected 7 million survivors in the event of an NMSZ earthquake. Then they pulled the request, saying it was a bureaucratic error. .....................................................

......................Seismologist Seth Stein of Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, author of a new book skeptical about the dangers posed by the NMSZ, said that such a purchase would be a "horrible waste of public money." (Two related RFIs are still active, for 7 million emergency blankets and 550 million gallons of water in individual 1-liter plastic bottles.) Stein suggested that the posting was a part of the "PR blitz" for FEMA's upcoming 2011 National Level Exercise, in which eight states will simulate a response to a magnitude 7+ earthquake on the bicentennial of the 1811 quake. news.sciencemag.org...

Interesting!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Given what's going on with the weather, it's seeming more and more likely that FEMA had some foresight into the bad weather conditions this year. It may have more to do with that than prepping for the supervolcano.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
u think there maybe trying to rise atlantis?!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sjrily
VERY interesting...

FEMA "will simulate the catastrophic nature of a major earthquake in the central United States region of the New Madrid Seismic Zone" in May 2011.

FEMA National Level Exercise 2011

National Level Exercise NLE 2011 Private Sector Participation

I'm going to read your links now...

OH CRAP! Everytime they do these "trial runs" soon after the event happens.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

The "14M" may be what is throwing people off. "M" is an industry term, meaning a quantity of 1,000. The solicitation referenced is for 14,000 MRE's. Still substantial, but hardly 14 million.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by BigTy
reply to post by burntheships

The "14M" may be what is throwing people off. "M" is an industry term, meaning a quantity of 1,000. The solicitation referenced is for 14,000 MRE's. Still substantial, but hardly 14 million.

No no, don't bring facts into this

This is clearly a government conspiracy and they know for a fact the quake will happen and kill millions. They're just keeping quiet because they want those people to die, makes perfect sense

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I wonder if this is another piece of the puzzle to the FBO page that is contracting Armed Security Personnel in Iowa, Missouri,Kansas and Nebraska.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by soulenlightenment

Interesting news...
I would love to see that link if you can do.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
The FEMA people are good people.

They are just us that have jobs.

You guys can't say in other threads FEMA is planning to kill us, but feed us while they do it in this one. Maybe they are just learning from worldwide disasters.... better to be prepared and get reelected than not be prepared and get kicked out by an angry starved population.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Maybe if FEMA actually had some MRE's to distribute they could have been down South immediately after the tornadoes occurred helping the people that really need it NOW.

If I am not mistaken, there are more people dead or missing in Alabama alone than were in the Katrina 'disaster'.

Where's FEMA?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I forgot about this thread. I agree with others. They knew back in January or before that these floods were iminent. Heck they knew how much snow had fallen during the winter. I know here we had the most snow I've seen in the 20 years I've lived in this area. Drifts as high as the garage roof. Road closers, etc.
All that precipitation had to go somewhere once it melted.
It seems to me this flood was one of those "hurry up and wait situations" You prepare as best you can until the actual effect takes place. Prepare for the worst, Hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think this thread is related to a thread stated below.. Let see how long they will gone

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by AncietSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join