It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof God intended us to be Psychic, especially in the end times.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is the most respectful religious discussion in "Internet History"...

Keep it going, fascinating reading.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by matthewgraybeal

Psychic? End times? The world ended and you all missed it. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Reality is an illusion. "Behold I make all things new". Now "be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth". Again. "Lather, rinse, repeat..."
edit on 24-1-2011 by Hemisphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The worst part of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

"I guess the inquisition got it wrong to burn the witches"

-Matt

The 'physic' abilities your talking about come from demons. Now indeed God will pour out His spirit in the end times, and people will prophesy and see visions, but it will be from God. Not from demons. God warns us to stay away from spiritists and mediums.

I agree freedish....I believe there is a clear difference between psychic powers and the gift of prophesy.

The gift of prophecy is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to receive and communicate an immediate message from God to His people through a divinely appointed utterance, and to reveal truth and proclaim it in a timely and relevant manner for understanding, correction, repentance, or edification.

Ephesians 4:11-14 (New King James Version) 11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,

I also want to add that I believe we are always living in the "end times" in a sense because of our own mortality. Whether we die from total earth destruction, car accident, disease, etc. we must all face the end. I do not presume to know if we are indeed facing the end of world but I believe that God speaks to us and I'd like to think that He would have mercy and give us some sort of warning...through prophecy, so that all men would come to know Him and be with Him and have reassurance and comfort.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Proof god exists first?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
First of all, I think it was a mistake to label this "proof" of anything. Proof like this is subjective, and declaring that you have proof for one thing immediately makes other people demand proof for another. Case in point: presenting Biblical "proof" of modern psychic ability inevitably leads to a demand for proof that the Bible is even God's Word, or that God even exists.

This discussion, I think, is better-suited to those who already have belief in God and His Word, because no discussion on the Bible will ever get anywhere if we first have to prove that God exists. That's been a hot topic for millennia. Good luck arriving at a satisfactory conclusion today...or tomorrow, even.

And, I must say, like whyamIhere said, this is the most civil religion-based conversation I think I've ever seen. I've only been here a few days, but I'm already glad to be part of the ATS community

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
First of all, I think it was a mistake to label this "proof" of anything. Proof like this is subjective, and declaring that you have proof for one thing immediately makes other people demand proof for another. Case in point: presenting Biblical "proof" of modern psychic ability inevitably leads to a demand for proof that the Bible is even God's Word, or that God even exists.

This discussion, I think, is better-suited to those who already have belief in God and His Word, because no discussion on the Bible will ever get anywhere if we first have to prove that God exists. That's been a hot topic for millennia. Good luck arriving at a satisfactory conclusion today...or tomorrow, even.

And, I must say, like whyamIhere said, this is the most civil religion-based conversation I think I've ever seen. I've only been here a few days, but I'm already glad to be part of the ATS community

Thank you so much for this. This is one of the best posts I've read on ATS. Civility can bring together minds of one accord. At that's where the learning begins....having a discussion based on common ground.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Crutchley29

My opinion ;-)

Look around. We are on a planet in a solar system and its absolutely fascinating when you learn and educate yourself on the existence of ALL creation. "Seek and ye shall find".

Have you as an individual "seeked"? If not, why?

After losing a son to cancer in 99 I became an aggressive seeker. I had read the Bible like a book twice, studied it and other religions all the way back to its creation. Even as a kid (5 yrs old) I remember sitting on the front porch and asking the sky why I was here and why I could not hear my moms thoughts. As an adult I realize I was seeking even then. WE ALL SEEK SOMETHING, but to what extent does one seek? I think some of us are too stubborn to truly see whats in front of us and really think about where we are and what we are doing here on Earth (A PLANET THAT ROTATES QUICKLY IN SPACE). When I lost Joshua I lost a part of myself. I read about 10 books a week for 5 yrs!!!!! I was scared to live and needed something stronger than I in order to survive for my other children. It was so hard and as an angry and sad believer I put my bible down and told God to guide me as I went to the library to seek him out as the Bible just was not doing it for me. Pastors told my husband it was something he did in life (sin) and thats why Joshua died!!!! I WAS SO MAD! I WAS SO CONFUSED! I DIDNT GIVE UP...I SEEKED LOVE AND COMFORT daily, and HE provided. Everyone goes through trials and tribulations. Each experience in life leads you on another path. This experience was hell at first but then the bigger picture was revealed to me throughout the years, only by seeking! ;-)

In my opinion, to seek (proof) God out one must learn about our bodies down to the simplest particle, learn about light, the cosmos, learn about ALL OF CREATION to know what may have created humans if we actually believe we were made in THEIR image as it states it Genesis. To think we just appeared with a big bang and nothing behind that big bang is naive, again, in my opinion.

Before the Bible was created, people believed in God. They call/called him by different names but it is still the same God. Proof of God is in all of creation we see in our lives today and every day.

In Noah's day he was laughed at and ridiculed. He was "crazy" and everyone laughed at him. He and his family had the last laugh though. In our present day how would we react to a "Noah"? Sad, but we as beings have not changed over the years. One would call him crazy, the other would think he is a witch, and so on.....very judgmental! Imagine when Jesus returns..how will the judgmental people react? Again, proof is everywhere and within everyone! ;-)

Creation is still happening...every second of every day....and how mystic/magical/enlightening when you look at the beauty of it!!!

Bottom line to ME is this...To a seeker, or believer: We have nothing to lose by believing. Not only are we living a better and healthier (spiritual, emotionally, physically) life by believing we have something to look forward to and are not depressed with knowing, we also are happier knowing where our deceased loved ones are as the other proof is in the dead communicating their energy with, to, or through us. All the collective consciousness in the world cannot compare to the knowledge and love of the creator, the I AM, the EVERYTHING of all of creation. We are like rocks when it comes to understanding the perfection of creation and the creator. Its awesome in knowing TRUTH for myself as I have seeked, therefor I have found.

So..I encourage everyone who asks someone else for proof (in regards to ANYTHING), to seek it first for themselves. My "proof" may not be good enough for YOU as your individuality is not me. We are all made different and we learn and understand differently. Each individual regardless of race or religious back ground should in my opinion seek the answers for himself. ;-)

PEACE! and LOVE to all of you. xoxoxox

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Sirjunlegun and NewAgeMan, I have to agree with you...it is rare to see someone who actually understands Scripture and allows it to interpret itself. Too rare.

And, not only was Peter talking about his own time, but Paul also indicated that what started on Pentecost would end:

1 Corinthians 13:8-10
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears.

The last prophecy (at least, the last one we should be concerned with) is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show his servants what must soon take place (Revelation 1:1). This is the end of Scripture, and no prophecy since then should even be taken into consideration.

We can look around at all the visions being seen nowadays and we can easily say that these mean that God is still giving the gift of prophecy, but how many of these visions are actually to be trusted? How many come true? How many are accurate, and how many are ultimately wrong? Nothing from God is ever (EVER) wrong. So, how do we determine which of today's prophecies are truly from God, if, indeed, any are?
There are 2 ways to test a prophecy:

1) does it agree with known revelation?
and 2) is it ultimately fulfilled?

However, we can't know if a prophecy is going to be fulfilled before its time of fulfillment has actually come. This leaves the first test, but if we're testing all of modern prophecy by Scriptural prophecy, then the only modern prophecies we can believe in are those that agree with Scriptural prophecy. And, if that's the case, then the only prophecy we really need are those already revealed in Scripture.

So, it's pointless to listen to modern prophecy. Stick with Scripture.

I have to respectfully disagree on some points, personal experience aside;my point ,not only deals with the gift of prophecy ,but all of the gifts of the spirit,and the fact that they have not ceased.

I too believe that we must use scripture to interpret scripture, And yes Paul did indicate, that what started at Pentecost would end,but he said that it would not end, until that which was perfect has come , when does this
perfection happen?

Notice in I Cor.13:12 Paul goes on to explain by saying,For now we see through a glass,darkley:but then face to face:now I know in part;but then shall I know even as I am known,.where does this "then" happen?

answer: when we see him face to face at the resurrection.

1John 3:2 Beloved,now are we the son's of God,and it doth not yet appear what we shall be, but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

And again Paul talks about the perfection which comes at the resurrection in phil 3:11-12 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.Not as though I had already attained,either were already perfect.

Although the gifts did not manifest until the day of Pentecost ,When was the gift of prophecy and other gifts given?

Eph 4:8 Wherefore he saith, when he asended up on high,he led captivity captive,and gave gifts to men.

what was the reason for the gifts?

Eph 4:11 And he gave some,apostles; and some prophets;and some evangelist; and some pastors and teachers
12 For the perfecting of the saints,for the work of the ministry,for the edifying of the body of Christ.

How long will he be giving gifts to man?

Eph 4:13 Till we all come into the unity of the faith,and of the knowledge of the Son of God.unto a perfect man,unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ.

Now I want to talk about another list gifts that are mentioned in 1cor 12:8-10 word of wisdom,word of knowledge,faith,gifts of healing,miracles,prophecy,discerning of spirits,tongues and,interpretation of tongues

Who are these gifts of the spirit for? Paul say's they are for the body of Christ,and that there is only one body,
and one spirit.

1cor12:12-13 For as the body is one,and hath many members,and all the members of that one body,being many, are one body,so also is Christ.For by one Spirit,we are all baptized into one body.

We all know that in Acts 2:1-8 is where we see the day of Pentecost begin, which is where the gift of the Spirit of promise is first given.
Then Theophilus in Acts 2:37-38 tells us about a group of people after Pentecost, that want the gift of the spirit of promise too, he goes on to tell them in Acts2:39 For this promise is unto you and your children, and to all that are afar off,even as many as the Lord shall call.

So going backwards now, If the gifts of the Spirit have ceased,then that means.

1. The Lord is no longer calling people
2.there is one body of Christ during Pauls time and one body of our time which equals two.
3 there are two spirits
4.Christians have already been perfected
5.The body of Christ no longer needs to be edified,or built up
6.the work of the ministry has ended.specifically,evangelist,teachers and pastors.

Disclaimer:None of the above gifts referenced including Prophecy is in no way related to what psychic's use to give their information,see the witch of Endor in 1 Samuel 28:starting at v.5

edit on 8-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by DisturbedToo

I saw "proof" in the thread.....I'm still waiting.

Starred! can we please get past "PROOF" threads; Especially from "The: I Know it's true! the bible said it right there in the bible" ; folks??

edit on 8-4-2011 by infojunkie2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This was a really interesting thread, and if any more would like to elaborate I welcome it. Upon further review by using the word *Proof* I was being sensational, but for me I think the higher gifts are rather sensational. I only have Religious works to consult for that certain Holy-Spirit/Magick I encounter every day. The Church Outlawed Laypersons not associated with the clergy having *certified* spiritual experiences.

I was presenting a passage from my bible that spoke to me, we have psychic gifts. Jesus wants me to use mine, to dwell in his spirit and contemplate, and be a good messenger for his ideals.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
But god also made fluoride, so unfortunately that cancels out any hope we may have had.....

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

Here's a thought, what if the calcification is necessary of the pineal gland. Fluoride supposedly calcifies the pineal gland. The calcification residue off of a car battery is conductive. Also taken out of context, what if calcification is crystallization, it has now become more common knowledge that crystals are a source for and a transmitter of energy.

Before x-rays we would have had no idea if our pineal glands were calcified or not, the uses for fluoride and x-rays, are recent discoveries in the last 125 years or less.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal

Here's a thought, what if the calcification is necessary of the pineal gland. Fluoride supposedly calcifies the pineal gland. The calcification residue off of a car battery is conductive. Also taken out of context, what if calcification is crystallization, it has now become more common knowledge that crystals are a source for and a transmitter of energy.

Before x-rays we would have had no idea if our pineal glands were calcified or not, the uses for fluoride and x-rays, are recent discoveries in the last 125 years or less.

Read what you just replied..... get your hand off it.......perhaps your cerabal cortex has calcified ..maybe crystalised and it forces you to answer valid questions with absolute nonsense..... BTW, when my battery terminals are crystalised as you say... the bastard doesnt start. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I enjoy dealing in what ifs and hypothesis, It makes my imagination happy.

Choices, choices...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Yeah i do believe God made us to be at least somewhat psychic. I think that feeling you get when you know your in a bad situation or things dont feel right and "gut feelings" are survival instincts that God gave humans. I think without humans at least being they a little psychic they would be getting themselves killed all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join