It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 dead, 2 deputies injured in shooting at Port Orchard Wal-Mart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

2 dead, 2 deputies injured in shooting at Port Orchard Wal-Mart

www.thenewstribune.com

Four people – including two Kitsap County sheriff's deputies – have been shot outside the Wal-Mart in Port Orchard [Washington State, USA] Two people have died; at least one of the deceased is a suspect.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Another tragic shooting incident has blazed into the headlines...not much to say at the moment because the news is still unfolding. Coming on the heels of the Arazona shooting and other recent incidents of violence or threats-of-violence, this is sure to add to the caldron of debate on gun issues, violence, and a stressed-out society.

As always, my heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones.

www.thenewstribune.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
So much for the whole "If you see something, say something" campaign.
Maybe this particular Wal-Mart hasn't recieved the memo yet.
Maybe there were no teleprompters with J Nep reminding them to report suspicious behavior.

Someone get this Wal-Mart a teleprompter STAT!!! before another sensless shooting happens.
And for the love of God,

IF YOU SE SOMETHING>>>>SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Edit to add,
Did the witnesses even bother to contact the Wal-Mart manager???
edit on 23-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Deputies shot at Wal Mart along with officers shot at the Police Precinct in Detroit. Its been a busy day!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I wonder if we are going to start seeing these things pop up now.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
So much for the whole "If you see something, say something" campaign.
Maybe this particular Wal-Mart hasn't recieved the memo yet.
Maybe there were no teleprompters with J Nep reminding them to report suspicious behavior.

Someone get this Wal-Mart a teleprompter STAT!!! before another sensless shooting happens.
And for the love of God,

IF YOU SE SOMETHING>>>>SAY SOMETHING!!!!!!!

Edit to add,
Did the witnesses even bother to contact the Wal-Mart manager???
edit on 23-1-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

Obviously they did see "something" and say something because the cops came to check it out. Obviously seeing something and saying something is a bad idea because not only did it result in a gun battle, but the cops even shot the guy's "lady friend" and killed her too, gun or no gun.

Clearly the cops said something that would cause him to immediately shoot.

The economy is tough, everything looks suspicious, and there's even the unknown lurking (Ah.. just can't leave out the aliens). 2011 has started out with a ton of cop shootings for some reason, but for those same reasons the trend will probably continue.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
People need to stop freaking out about every person that looks "suspicious". What does that even mean anyway? That term could be applied to each and every person at some point or other. And why have the people in this society become so pussified that they cannot simply walk out and ask someone if everything's okay or not? Instead of having a backbone and just simply asking if there was anything that anyone could do to help this individual, they immediately assumed that he was up to no good, and called the cops. How do we know that this situation wouldn't have been avoided by simply leaving this individual alone?

Now, I'm NOT saying that what was done was the wrong thing to do. I'm merely questioning why people have become so weak that they are now afraid to ask questions of their own countrymen and women.

It's a sad sad world we live in today when we can't simply TALK to one another.

Shame.

TheBorg

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Well, I would say given this outcome, that whoever decided NOT to approach this individual made the right choice. I for one am glad they did NOT leave him alone. I don't live that far from there. Whats to say this sicko wouldn't have gone on some shooting rampage someplace else where the weren't police nearby to stop him?

I am kinda missing your point. I mean, I understand what you are saying, but this particular example proves just the opposite. Obviously, this kind of story is why people DON'T just take care of things themselves. Because there are some sick puppies out there.
edit on 24-1-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Meth Ville.....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Well, according to the CNN Article:

Three sheriff's deputies responded to the scene around 3:45 p.m. Sunday after getting a call about a suspicious person "from a bystander who had concerns about a person inside the store," Deputy Scott Wilson said.

The deputies approached one man outside the store's south entrance, but -- rather than responding verbally -- he ran from the scene, turned around to face the deputies and began shooting.

"(The deputies) called to him and said, 'Hey, we need to talk to you,'" said Wilson. "He turned around and shot at them, and they returned fire."

It would seem that, having seen the police, he ran in what one could easily describe as panic. What he was panicking about is anyone's guess. I think that, in this situation anyway, the police showing up exacerbated the situation to a breaking point. The man ran from them for what could be anything from a drug-related situation to a fear for his life situation. We just simply don't know, nor will we, now that the man is dead.

For all we know, he was told to be there, with no cops... When the cops showed up, he knew the situation was lost, and responded the only way he knew how.

Again, I'm not making excuses for anyone in this situation, as I wasn't involved. I'm merely throwing out a devil's advocate for discussion.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not far from there either.

TheBorg
edit on 24-1-2011 by TheBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Its true the man may have felt threatened by the police to the point that maybe they would overreact if they discovered he was armed....
When he ran, he realised they would no doubt start shooting at him, and began firiing in what he thought was self defense maybe...........?
It would apear to me he did not want to be searched.....

top topics

join