It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinian 'offers' in peace process - papers leaked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Palestinian 'offers' in peace process - papers leaked

www.bbc.co.uk

Leaked documents released by al-Jazeera TV suggest Palestinian negotiators agreed to Israel keeping large parts of illegally occupied East Jerusalem.

The TV channel says it has thousands of confidential records covering the peace process between 2000 and 2010.

The papers also reportedly show Palestinian leaders proposing a joint committee to take over Jerusalem's holy sites of Haram al-Sharif/Temple Mount.

The BBC has been unable to independently verify the documents.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
This is good news, whether the documents are verified or not, the effect will be positive.

"This is the first time in history that we make such a proposition."

I agree, and it doesn't take a History buff to know how unstable the relations have been between the two powers throughout history.

This could bode well and lead to some stability in the middle east, something we would all be happily suprised to experience.

Keep your tin-foil hats strapped on tight, folks. This could be the beginning of the rebuilding of the Temple! I'm not for that whole belief structure, but if someone wants to chime in it would be appreciated.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I would definitely like to see some independent verification. I suspect it is either a "trial balloon" or a subterfuge meant to draw attention away from the recent gaza flotilla raid report. I could see the Israelis becoming very agreeable if offered a united Jerusalem.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
HA HA YA RIGHT. The Arabs will never walk away from the holy city without a fight. This is just more propaganda by the Arabs to try and make themselves look better. Look at the source if you don't believe that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
I would definitely like to see some independent verification. I suspect it is either a "trial balloon" or a subterfuge meant to draw attention away from the recent gaza flotilla raid report. I could see the Israelis becoming very agreeable if offered a united Jerusalem.

one of the wikileaks papers suggested that israel wanted to keep palastine on the brink of collapse or something to that extent..

kx

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
al-Jazeera?

That's the source?

Well now we can be positive it's true!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sbctinfantry

This is good news, whether the documents are verified or not, the effect will be positive.

I urge the posters to read the original comment on the article. Any comments to that effect?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

strange here in france they show a new vid from ben laden coming
from aljazeera advertising france to take their troops out or we will suffer some crazy arab bombing
i mean is this guy still alive ?? because its always the same old vids from this bast***

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaruto666
reply to post by sbctinfantry

strange here in france they show a new vid from ben laden coming
from aljazeera advertising france to take their troops out or we will suffer some crazy arab bombing
i mean is this guy still alive ?? because its always the same old vids from this bast***

My sources informed me in 2005 he was dead. If that helps.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I too am of the belief that bin Laden is dead. You said that your source told you in 05 of his death, any idea why the government keeps insisting he is alive and bring forth "new" tapes?

As too your temple comment. I also believe that it is the goal of Israel to rebuild it and soon, even though many atsers think I'm off my rocker

I am excited to read the information I've been scanning through it on the Guardians website, I doubt either an Israeli or Palestinian would leak this info, which is leading me to agree with the other poster that it was CIA or another similar agency either here or abroad.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
I too am of the belief that bin Laden is dead. You said that your source told you in 05 of his death, any idea why the government keeps insisting he is alive and bring forth "new" tapes?
Because if he is dead, our casus belli is gone and the Afghanistan war would end almost immediately.

As too your temple comment. I also believe that it is the goal of Israel to rebuild it and soon, even though many atsers think I'm off my rocker
That is 3 of us then.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

So based off what you said the government doesn't want the Afghan war to end. Any idea what the reason would be? Is it simply to give purpose for our war machine or is there a greater goal?

I am surprised this hasn't been given more attention, although since it doesn't show the Palestinians in an evil unbending light I suppose many don't have much to say.

This morning I was waiting to see something on the news, however small the mention may have been. All that I saw covered was the terror attack in Moscow. You think there any connection? Bury it under another tragedy.

new topics

top topics

join