It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the HECK is in the AIR???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
For over a month I have had continuous runny nose and sinus combined....heard several people complaining of similar symptoms here in Central Texas. It is really getting on my nerves, having to stop like every two minutes to grab a Kleenex! I have had allergies for years as this area is notorious for allergies, but never this bad.
edit on 23-1-2011 by sharintexas because: Decided to add to it

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
With all these wide spaced breakouts of seemingly the same virus makes you wonder about why there doesn't seem to be links. Is this some kind of population thinning?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It might be a good idea to be tested for VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds, i.e., petroleum byproducts, courtesy of BP) in your bloodstream. From what I understand, pretty much everyone they've tested in the Gulf coast areas have 3 to 6 VOCs in unhealthful amounts. Anyone who is downstream weatherwise, i.e., the entire east coast and northern Europe, would be subject to the chemical fallout brought by moisture from the Gulf.

www.sott.net... shing-up-in-people

This month the Louisiana Environmental Action Network released the results of tests performed on blood samples collected from Gulf residents. Whole blood samples were collected from 12 people between the ages of 10 and 66 in September, November and December and analyzed by a professional lab in Georgia, with the findings interpreted by environmental chemist and LEAN technical adviser Wilma Subra.

The individuals tested were two boys ages 10 and 11, four men and six women. They included cleanup workers on Orange Beach, Ala., crabbers from the Biloxi, Miss. area and people living on Perdido Key, Ala. Four of the people tested -- including three adults and the 10-year-old -- showed unusually high levels of benzene, a particularly toxic component of crude oil. Subra compared the levels found in the test subjects to the levels found in subjects in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES), a research program conducted by the National Center for Health Statistics.

Specifically, Subra compared the benzene levels in the Gulf residents to the NHANES 95th percentile value -- that is, the score below which 95 percent of the NHANES subjected tested. In other words, she compared the benzene levels found in Gulf residents to some of the highest levels found in the general population.

That comparison shows cause for concern, as the benzene levels in the blood of four Gulf residents ranged between 11.9 and 35.8 times higher than the NHANES 95th percentile value of 0.26 parts per billion. Benzene is known to cause a host of health problems including anemia, irregular menstrual periods, ovarian shrinkage and leukemia.

The Gulf residents with the highest levels of benzene in their blood included a family of crabbers -- a 46-year-old man and woman and a 10-year-old boy -- and a 51-year-old woman crabber, all from the Biloxi area. Ethylbenzene was detected in all 12 blood samples from Gulf residents over the NHANES 95th percentile value of 0.11 ppb, with some individuals testing over three times that concentration. Ethylbenzene is known to cause dizziness, damage to the inner ear and hearing, and kidney damage, and it's also thought to cause cancer. Eleven of the 12 individuals tested had relatively high concentrations of xylenes, with some of them testing up to 3.8 times higher than the NHANES 95th percentile value of 0.34 ppb. Xylene exposure can lead to headaches, dizziness, confusion, skin irritation, respiratory problems, memory difficulties and changes to the liver and kidneys. The blood test results also found high levels of other toxic petrochemicals including 2-methylpentane, 3-methylpentane and isooctane.

The study cited is small, but reflects the same results as other studies I've heard about.

Anyway, something to rule out by testing, at least.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
There's something going on here too in Atlanta. Most seems to be starting with sneezing and sniffling and then get a throat thing with a cough, then it's followed my a downward progression with some stomach symptoms that clear relatively quickly, but if never quite leaves the throat. alternating with some tickling and sudden outburst of coughing that persist for weeks and weeks (some I know are going on 8 weeks now). Doctors say it's not a lung thing...just a "cold," but they give it a fancy name. Mostly it's the cough that's just not quitting. It produces a very thick mucus too that gets "stuck" and is very hard to get up. For me in particular it definitely worsened if I went outside, so I didn't. e. Raw apple cider vinegar seemed to clear it for me. A shot in the morning and one at night. FWIW.
edit on 1/23/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

wow, i defintely noticed i get worst after being outdoors. when i do get some free time to head out into the back yard for a half hour or so, i always end up waking up that night after only 4 hours of sleep feeling horrible and restless and unable to go back to sleep. everytime i am congested and wheezing excessively and i do not smoke or have any breathing issues ever!
edit on 23-1-2011 by jontap because: DANG TYPO

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I'm in massachusetts and have had a sinus issue for at least two months. Both of my parents have been sick on and off for months and so has my son and nephew. I have a lot of friends and family who are sick as well. It seems like it is never ending... As soon as someone gets better for a few days it ends up coming back. It's been going on for months. Probably the usual colds going around this time of year but it does seem much worse this year.
Before having the sinus problems I started getting headaches everyday. This has been going on since July/august. Not one day goes by that I don't have a headache. When they first started I got a very bad one that gave me blurred double vision with facial numbness. This went on everyday for a week and then it stopped and I just had regular headaches. Two months later the same thing happened and I had it everyday for a week and then it went back to regular headaches everyday. Doctor says it's some type of migraine, gave me a pill to take when I feel one coming on but it doesn't help at all. Advil, excedrin, aspirin, and decongestants don't help either.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
From a slightly different angle :-

If there is something 'in the air' (sorry Phil collins) maybe it would be more worrying NOT exhibiting any symptoms...

I mean, all the symptoms people are reporting on here are similar to allergic / or infection reactions which mean that the body is actively trying to repel something....

I live in the UK, (midlands) and I too have suffered a little.... I put it down to excess over Christmas, too much drinking and poor sleep.. Over time you body gets 'tired'..

I have an occasional issue with my sinus and small polyps which seem to recede when i stop drinking completely..... I'm not in bad shape, no other health issues, as far as i am aware..

Can i suggest that you cease drinking alcohol of any kind for a week or two and get at least a weeks good sleep.....

PDUK

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Just outside Seattle myself. Doin' fine. Both nostrils fully operational.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I'm sorry ,but this just seems to fit this thread so well,i couldn't resist. It makes a lot of sense in a way.
Thunderclap Newman Something In The Air
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
From a slightly different angle :-

If there is something 'in the air' (sorry Phil collins) maybe it would be more worrying NOT exhibiting any symptoms...

I mean, all the symptoms people are reporting on here are similar to allergic / or infection reactions which mean that the body is actively trying to repel something....

I live in the UK, (midlands) and I too have suffered a little.... I put it down to excess over Christmas, too much drinking and poor sleep.. Over time you body gets 'tired'..

I have an occasional issue with my sinus and small polyps which seem to recede when i stop drinking completely..... I'm not in bad shape, no other health issues, as far as i am aware..

Can i suggest that you cease drinking alcohol of any kind for a week or two and get at least a weeks good sleep.....

PDUK

in addition to not smoking i also do not drink alcohol so thats certainly not the issue and neither do most of the folks whom i spoke with who are experianceing these same issues. i have honestly seriously considered drinking to relieve the symptoms of this dreadful nightmare of symptoms, but i never have done so yet... hopefully i do not start. gosh i hope i do not start drinking because of this. i wish it would just go away already, geez this is agravating!
edit on 23-1-2011 by jontap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I and a number of staff members have had this horrible cough (and some congestion) that does not go away.
I think we have all had the cough for months now.

Nothing over the counter works. And for me, Ive seen a doctor, and no prescriptions work and they do not know what is causing the cough. They say it is viral....and that means.....it has to run its course without the aide of anything.

Who the heck knows.....but Im sick of it.
edit on January 23rd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Who the heck knows.....but Im sick of it.

me too, i am SO sick of whatever this is.

me wishes there was a magic herb or vitamin combo that would eradicate it. theres GOT to be something out there...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Besides the weird sleeping patterns I've been trying to survive my right side, and ONLY my right side of my sinuses have been plugged like a brick and running. Like an allergic reaction that lasts weeks and reacting to....nothing.....

Anyway Southern Ontario here. Also, when my nose clears up I get a weird cough and feeling of general crappiness. Nothing works and it is all like an allergy.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am doing well here in Iowa...but I have several co-workers who seeem to be dealing ongoing sinus problems. I've been washing my hands like there's no tomorrow!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Possibly Chem-trails? I don't know, I'm just saying, If they are "real", It is kinda logical. to me.

I haven't had any of these symptoms, apart from headaches but I've had those of and on weekly for as long as i can remember. i also don't go out side much, except for when i have to shovel and throw snow.

But most of the stuff your all talking about is kinda normal for winter, Apart from the sheer number of people with this problem
edit on 23-1-2011 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dissent
Possibly Chem-trails? I don't know, I'm just saying, If they are "real", It is kinda logical. to me.

I haven't had any of these symptoms, apart from headaches but I've had those of and on weekly for as long as i can remember. i also don't go out side much, except for when i have to shovel and throw snow.

But most of the stuff your all talking about is kinda normal for winter, Apart from the sheer number of people with this problem
edit on 23-1-2011 by Dissent because: (no reason given)

no, no, its anything but normal for myself and many of those whom i know personaly whom are going through this. we used to be proud about never geting sick at all for morte than two days every 2 years while others have the usual winter flu and colds. but even that only lasted them 3 weeks tops and us 2 days tops. this is something like out of a horror movie as it refuses to go away at all! something very strange here, nothing normal about it i hate to say...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by jontap

I'm having no problems with my sinuses here in Canada.

...this is happening to every single person i know. ALL OF THEM. the people who have this all say that this is completely new and not typical of them ever.

What do you think is causing this? It is definitely something to get checked on with your doctor and write a daily journal to record any unusual changes that may progress from your current condition. I hope you and your friends get well soon. You must feel quite distressed over not knowing the cause of your symptoms.

I'm in Canada as well and I feel perfectly fine. No sinus or headache problems at all

Must be the beautiful Canadian air

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

Please get checked out if you have double vision...Please..one of my sons in law
died last night..was only 30..they think from what happened an annurism in the
brain..he had been having headaches for a while and was seeing double..i have no
clue if he was taking any medication or even saw any doctors at all..you know,
i cannot afford it reason..unfortunately that is all too true for many of us.
i don't mean to alarm anyone and this death could be linked to something genetic,
work related..who knows. It happens, that is all i know and i'm in a state of shock.
would not write this but if it helps someone well, it does..i too have issues with
colds and sinus and sinus headaches and being stopped up and congested but it
may be my own fault. Yes, i see trails up there from time to time and even may have
caught some white thingies in a pic i took that look like snow flakes or whiteflies.....Can't see them except at an angle or exposed to sun rays. Viewed from
a certain angle..assume the simplest explanation first, get checked without
assuming anything..if earth changes really are occuring as many suspect then
who knows how that could affect viruses etc etc etc..
edit on Sun Jan 23 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I live in Austin Tx...allergy capital of the US. I have known many with this sinus infection thing. I have not experienced any symptoms whatsoever. But then again, I'm not totally human either.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been feeling uncharacteristically crappy myself lately.

I'm thinking this could be a global side effect of all that "Corexit" they sprayed...
Maybe the whole gulf oil leak was an excuse to spray deadly chemicals...?

MASS ANIMAL DEATHS:
maps.google.com...

Welcome to "Depopulation!"
Population: Less than before!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Have you tried Nature Valley's neem leaves capsules?
Neem has both antibacterial and antiviral properties,
and has been in use in India and China for thousands
of years, and is available at most health food stores.
Hope you feel better soon!
edit on 23-1-2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join