It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do not be decieved by UFO's!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Re Soke33

You wrote:

["I am a realist, not a religionist."]

and

["For the record, I am a follower of Christ and the principles taught within the Scriptures."]

You and I may mean different things by 'realist' and 'religionists'. I tend to see them as opposites. But how can a follower of JC not be a religionist? Do you mean you're not a follower of organized religion?

Quote: ["So, setting aside the insults of one “camp” to another,"] and similar passages in your posts, where you and/or christians are slighted or 'bashed', it's much easier for me to state my own position in general than answer each separate paragraph.

I have nothing against and I do not 'bash' christians, who use their right to religion privately or in consenting adult groups. Those I 'bash' are the christian counterparts of 'bashers', whom I consider 'god-botherers'. They will like a plague of missionaries descend on any possible opening they can find in life and start preaching. Often in an language, which can ve very offensive in its self-righteous condescending tone, and filled with sweepingly generalised 'absolutes' (as I've examplified elsewhere with: "you are a sinner and should repent" to a person who's maybe atheist or buddhist).

Many evangelist christians start to whine, when I protest against their preaching in public contexts, because they believe they have the privilege to preach, but I don't have any right to protest . This is hypocracy.

If you lack examples, the post by Freedish 26/1 10:15 PM is a very good one. It's pure and undiluted SERMON, using ATS as a pulpit.

edit on 27-1-2011 by bogomil because: typoa

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
So adding my own efforts of bringing the thread back to topic:

To the extent I find it justified or needed to bring UFOs, ETs, dimensional entities etc into a religious context, I prefer the gnostic 'archon' model as part of this context, regarding abramic religion.

According to my own understanding of it, the gnostics used 'epinioa' as their tool.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil

Many evangelist christians start to whine, when I protest against their preaching in public contexts, because they believe they have the privilege to preach, but I don't have any right to protest . This is hypocracy.

If you lack examples, the post by Freedish 26/1 10:15 PM is a very good one. It's pure and undiluted SERMON, using ATS as a pulpit.

edit on 27-1-2011 by bogomil because: typoa

Why does this bother you?
Do other people not do the same thing for their beliefs in UFO's, or conspiracies?
This is a public forum, protest all you want.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedish

Please do not be deceived by aliens or UFO's, the Lord Jesus Christ is returning soon to gather His people, please be one of His people. "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and they shall give great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, also the chosen. Lo, I did tell you beforehand." Matthew 24:24-25
edit on 23-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

Don't take offense here, but you are one deluded soul. No one is coming to save you, you have to do that yourself. There never was a man named "Jesus," that is an English name, not a Hebrew name. ET craft are as real as the nose on your face, look around just in this forum and you will know that. I will leave you with some links, please, educate yourself before making such wild and unfounded claims.

The Vatican and United Nations ready for Alien contact

Is the Vatican easing humanity toward alien disclosure?

ETs and UFOs; A Biblical Perspective

How the Jesus Myth Was Created

Spacecraft and Extraterrestrials in the Bible and History

New Living Translation EXPOSED!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm willing to entertain the ancient astronaut theory I don't necessarily believe the historical Jesus was a hybrid
alien more likely he was a leader of a jewish reform movement that rome latter transformed into a god. I'm amazed that people don't recognize how similar Jesus is to the pagan god man myths that were all over the mediterranean.
Anyway this whole thread started with the concept that UFO's were satanic in order to snare ufo enthusiasts into excepting christ. Thought I would turn the table in the opposite dirrection by saying that relgions could have been inspired by extraterrestrials.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke,
edit on 27-1-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soke33
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I really like the way you think. You appear very balanced, and I see it as an expression of humility…accepting that none of us knows it all.

It is an indubitable fact that flesh man is grounded. Psalms 8.5 states that even Christ was made a little lower than the angels. Do you think that makes us the lowest intelligent life form in the universe? I am still chewing on that one and would appreciate your thoughts.

well, thank you.

As for what I think about humans being the lowest.. I have no idea, but when you look around at human behavior a lot of it does seem pretty hopeless. I can't really go into a lot of detail today about things of an opinionated nature because there is a pretty severe negative lean on everything today. I can't shake it. There's something downright evil in the air.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

Originally posted by Soke33
reply to post by ChaosMagician

I really like the way you think. You appear very balanced, and I see it as an expression of humility…accepting that none of us knows it all.

It is an indubitable fact that flesh man is grounded. Psalms 8.5 states that even Christ was made a little lower than the angels. Do you think that makes us the lowest intelligent life form in the universe? I am still chewing on that one and would appreciate your thoughts.

well, thank you.

As for what I think about humans being the lowest.. I have no idea, but when you look around at human behavior a lot of it does seem pretty hopeless. I can't really go into a lot of detail today about things of an opinionated nature because there is a pretty severe negative lean on everything today. I can't shake it. There's something downright evil in the air.

I understand. I think you may be onto something because I had the same thought today.

I had to travel today, and the long ride found me contemplating as to whether it is time to shut the door and wait.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Re Freedish

You wrote:

["This is a public forum, protest all you want."]

Thank you; ...I will.

When this is now settled, do you think you can relate to your own topic?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Re ELahrairah

You wrote:

["Thought I would turn the table in the opposite dirrection by saying that relgions could have been inspired by extraterrestrials."]

When the western colonial powers laid their greedy hands on the rest of the world, it would have been next to impossible for the natives to distinguish bad guys from good guys.

So when contemporary non-human species (if they ARE a manifestation of something outside our own minds) abduct humans and do unpleasant things to them, how can that be considered as being different from when the Jahveh gang committed genocide on groups, whose' only 'sin' was insisting on religious freedom?

There have been claims in both situations of 'it's for mankind's own good', which is beyond my personal gullibility-limit.

And then we have the spooks Hitler met and were 'inspired' by. For me the Hitler scenario is unplesasantly similar to Paulus beginning career as a religion-inventor.

"We give you religious glass-beads, if you become our slaves". Nice deal.

In spite of some of my wording, I thus agree with you.

edit on 28-1-2011 by bogomil because: additional thoughts

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I will never understand how the same who think UFO's are real can demean those with religious faith so strongly.

I believe in God and have faith. I also believe in Aliens and UFO's. I was raised being told God loves you no matter who or what you are. You just need to believe. Not a crazy christian bible beating house, everyone sins in some way shape or form it's unavoidable to be human in today's society. If you live sin free your entire life you'll be like that 19 kids and counting family or one of the kids off Jesus Camp. While I can respect them for their devotion to their religion, you have to think they're holding their kids back from experiencing life. Which is what God would want from all of us.

On the more ET side, I've seen almost all of the Ancient Aliens episodes and the evidence is, to myself personally, strong enough to say that aliens shaped the religions all around the world. If God, Allah, Abraham, etc. (whatever your religion) were an alien does that mean they're not real? If the God I know and love were an alien I'd accept him for that just as he accepts those sinners into heaven who ask for forgiveness....only he doesn't need to apologize for being an alien.

It bugs me coming into the religion/faith part of ATS because so many people seem to be in here solely to hate on those with belief. Why come in just to talk others down.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I can see your point Ken... I myself do believe in life elsewhere in the Universe (as I have stated... elsewhere) but when it comes to believing in Hollywood's version of UFO's and little green Aliens I have to take that with a shaker full of salt.

what really gets my goat is the Atheist's who believe in Hollywood versions of Aliens and UFO's because this in fact proves they have faith/belief in the "unseen" which is quite ironic I might add, and down right hypocrisy...

there are quite a few Atheists here, even in this very topic, who would appear to be in this section for one sole purpose which is to bash Theists.

pretty funny eh ?

edit on 1/31/2011 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Yah I still don't fully believe they're gunna be the stereotypical looking Hollywood/made for TV aliens, but the universe is too massive and amazing for our little rock to be the only one with life on it, something else is out there.

And I totally agree with you about atheists in these kinds of topics...it's like going into Panda Express to complain about how much you hate Chinese food.

edit on 31-1-2011 by Kennypowers because: Forgot the word "for" in made for TV...grammatic error

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

I'm not saying that I agree completely with the beliefs of freedish, or anyone else here. I am just pointing out that there is a large body of evidence suggesting that these phenomena are not physical in the sense of nuts and bolts craft. I happen to suscribe to this point of view. Thanks for the reply always nice to discuss things with people here. Sorry I didn't notice it sooner, is there a way to get notified when someone replies to you on here?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by consigliere

You ask why would God deceive? . Read...Ezekiel 20:25..Which says..

Wherefore I gave them also statues that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live.

You would have to read the above and below verses also to find out why he would give them laws (not good)
edit on 16-2-2011 by ellieN because: spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ellieN
reply to post by consigliere

You ask why would God deceive? . Read...Ezekiel 20:25..Which says..

Wherefore I gave them also statues that were not good, and judgments whereby they should not live.

You would have to read the above and below verses also to find out why he would give them laws (not good)
edit on 16-2-2011 by ellieN because: spelling

This verse is very confusing to me. I know my God is not evil, so there must be a good explanation
Is it possible that since that generation of jews always did the opposite of what He said, God gave them bad statutes, in hopes that they would again do the opposite? And thus do good?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join