It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Potter actress asked judge not to jail brother who beat her and said 'Marry a Muslim or die!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The full horror of a three-hour attack on one of the stars of the Harry Potter films was revealed in court for the first time as her brother was jailed for beating her up. Ashraf Azad, 28, has been locked up for six months after setting upon his sister Afshan having discovered she was involved in a relationship with a non-Muslim man.

Source
People say the Jews are against intermarriage. You have to love the religion of peace. But hey! I'm criticizing Islam because of this small incident!! It's not like this has happened before? Right?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Wow Muslims need to get the F*** over it. You can't control what decisions another person chooses to make. Bunch of overly-proud fools with no common sense. Like the Muslim guy who buried his own daughter alive because she was talking to a boy. These people are sick, disgusting excuses for human beings; religion is no excuse to harm another person, let alone your own family

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

after setting upon his sister Afshan having discovered she was involved in a relationship with a non-Muslim man.

He was agaisnt her because he feared he couldn't have 5 or more Islamic Kids, in which Islam can spread there hatred?

And yet the west is welcoming Islam with open arms, by letting them build more mosques

Whats the world coming to?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Yep, so peaceful.

I remember when I was at school there was an Egyption guy in my class who disapeared without word one day. It wasn't until a year or so later that we found out what had happened when there was a story about him on 60 minutes.

It turns out that his father went crazy one night and stabbed his own daughter over 30 times because he found out she had a boyfriend and was not going to marry the guy he had organised for her. His son, the guy in my class, was the only witness and before it got to trial he was sent overseas and has never been seen since. Without him, they could not get a conviction against the father and he so he got away with it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sectumsempra

sicne baroness warsi said you can't say extremist muslim or moderate muslim. is it ok if i say this act was commited by a muslim ?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Good on the judge for insisting on the perp serving jail time.

The cruelest violence is that between family members, because that leaves the victim with no-one to trust or turn to. It's tragic that some people still justify such attacks.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Muslims intermarriage in various places in the world. I can give you a fresh example such as in Accra (Ghana). It happens all the time

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
To all of you so quick to judge the Muslim religion for things that people do, try this...

Replace Muslim with Christian in articles you read. Start with this thread and all its comments.

This is not a matter of religion forcing people to act violently, but a matter of inherently violent people without self-control acting out over various matters, religion being but one of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust
This is not a matter of religion forcing people to act violently, but a matter of inherently violent people without self-control acting out over various matters, religion being but one of them.

I disagree.
According to the article: "The Azad family are 'devout Muslims'". The religion dictates terms of marriage. The brother is not inherently violent but inherently devout.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

What's ironic about the whole deal is that.. the biggest defenders of Islamification are Progressive Liberals, who absolutely despise anything to do with Christianity, and seem to have a love affair with Islam, even though Islam would clearly be the ideological polar opposite of Progressivism? Personally, I chalk it up to most Progressives having the IQ of a 5 year old with downs.. but perhaps there's a more sinister motive, I don't know.

Though to be fair, it's not a religious thing, it's a cultural thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Agree with you and what happen to the thread OP?
i guess i wont be expecting an reply from the OP.

edit on 23-1-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
A lot of Muslim women have been murdered by family members as "honor killings" for violating some taboo. We all know violence can happen to anyone anywhere, especially to women at the hands of men/husbands, but I don't think there's any comparison to other religions, as none of them tolerate honor killings.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I disagree.
According to the article: "The Azad family are 'devout Muslims'". The religion dictates terms of marriage. The brother is not inherently violent but inherently devout.

I find it quite funny that the article says that, especially how it puts 'devout Muslims' in quotes like that. What do they mean?

The article also mentions how the brother had been drinking. That kinda knocks off the whole 'devout' angle.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
However, violence should always be criticised, i can't accept this for whatever reason...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
If you threat an addict, using his drug as your point, you will see a very angry, violent person.
Unless the addict somehow realizes that his/her drug is bad, and the threat is for the better of him/her.

Blinded by the effects of the drug, the addict can't think correctly, (s)he forgets basic things (from feeding oneself to respecting everybody else), has a distorted view of reality around... Ultimately, the addict is consider a "sick person", who needs to be treated for the damage the drugs have done, but also to be taught that using that drug may not be the best thing for anyone...

"Religion is the opium of the people" - Karl Marx.

Hey, at least Karl Marx was right about this I guess....

Peace

Disclaimer: I'm not atheist. I have nothing against God. It's his MANY DIFFERENT fan clubs that pisses me off.

new topics

top topics

join