It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spring is on the horizon...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I had a dream last night which has given me an incredible sense of hope and positivity; one which has given me a profound feeling that on the grand scale... things are going to turn out alright for all of us

In this dream, I was on the infamous quest to destroy the one ring of power (yes, the same one as in the lord of the rings). I made it into the mountain cave along with Sam, and we threw the ring into the fires of the mountain. However joyous we were, we were totally caught off guard by an evil snake in the corner that then tried to attack us. It was a very small snake, but it was both intelligent and extremely deadly. I was able to avoid its attacks, and cut off its body. To my horror, the head was still alive and thrashing- doing everything it could to try and destroy me! Sam then came and viciously stabbed and cut the head into as many small pieces as he could.

Breathing a sigh of relief, we started celebrating, and went to the mouth of the cave.

While looking out over the landscape, I mentioned how excited I was to get back to the shire. Sam couldn't remember what it was, so I reminded him of its pristine beauty and paradise-like atmosphere. He said it sounded somewhat familiar, and he was none-the-less excited to see it for himself.

Looking over the valley from the mountain cave, I was overcome by a sense of deep reflection. The landscape I saw was stunningly beautiful- however all the trees were still dead and it appeared to be fall. However, upon further thought, I realized that it was the transitional period in between winter and spring- the time of the year when everything still appears to be dead, but the climate is getting warmer and warmer, and you can feel the excitement that comes with the approaching spring and summer.

So what does this all mean for me?

Well, you can take dreams on a personal level, or on a much larger, even global scale; but the essential message remains the same.

I had been through a period of great struggle, which culminated with seemingly destroying the source of power that all the world's evil had. Surprisingly, I was caught off guard to find that although it was devoid of its source of power- the monster still existed with an inexhaustible desire to keep on destroying, and it took every last bit of strength and cunning to put it out of its misery.

Talking with San about the shire was akin to talking about a paradise in itself- an environment of eternal peace, beauty, and happiness. Sam didn't even know what it was, and even though I tried to remind him, he still only seemed to remember it as if it was a dream. The point was that now that our battle was over, we had no where to go but toward happiness and peace.

The reflection overlooking the valley was a reflection of how although everything seems dead and devoid of life, the worst of it is over, and soon enough the beauty will unfold itself and everything will spring back to life and be the way it's supposed to be.

After I woke up, I had to go out and run a few errands.

Up here in my area of Canada, we have had record amounts of snowfall this year- the snowbanks are literally taller than I am. We have had weeks upon weeks of gloomy weather, and only just got out of a week long -20 to -30C degree cold snap. I was stunned to see that the skies were the clearest and most beautiful I had seen in months, and it was warm enough that the snow had been melting and the streets were pretty slushy.

I now sit here eating my bowl of porridge, with a sense that things are going to start getting better

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I had a dream last night that Spring was coming. I dreamt that I was growing plants in pots ready for planting out in the garden and suddenly I noticed that I could feel that sense of things stirring to life and the sun warming the earth, and then something told me that Spring was coming. A bit early yet for Spring so it does seem curious. Anyone else dream that Spring is coming?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by skjalddis

Strange...

I've been having dreams that seem to reflect the idea of spring in some way.

I remember specifically having a dream that I was driving down a road with some friends, and noticed that everything was green and it seemed to be full blown summer outside. I remember thinking "isn't it supposed to be winter outside right now? What happened to spring... did we skip spring?". Then I became lucid

Maybe these dreams of spring are happening because we are all sick of winter weather and want spring to get here

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monts
reply to post by skjalddis

Maybe these dreams of spring are happening because we are all sick of winter weather and want spring to get here

Maybe, but I get a feeling that there's a little more than that to it, though I'm not sure what exactly. Perhaps a turning of the tide in general. Last year was a bit grim here, maybe this year will bring better things.

peace
J

new topics

top topics

join