It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legislators pairing off for bipartisan seating at Obama speech

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Legislators pairing off for bipartisan seating at Obama speech

www.cnn.com

Will Tuesday be "Date Night" in Congress for President Barack Obama's State of the Union address?

Democratic and Republican legislators are pairing off to sit together for the annual speech in a symbolic gesture of bipartisanship, and some of the combinations so far are intriguing.

Democratic Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York, the epitome of East Coast liberalism, and Republican Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, a symbol of conservative intransigence, are putting aside their differences to cross the political aisle for a night, Schumer said Sunday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Is this really what American politics has come down to? There used to be fist-fights over policy on the Congressional floor. There were duels on the front lawn. People DIED.

This is what Americans think of nowadays when they think of reform. It makes me sick. Is this what you elected the tea party to do? Is this what Obama is speaking of when he talks of a centrist stance?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sbctinfantry

So, are saying you elected the Tea Party to shoot people on the front lawn? Really, I don't see the fuss in changing their seating. Who cares, the Tea Party is just a hijacked outlet for right-wing rage anyway. I'm surprised we haven't seen a lefty answer to it.

join