It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC UNIVERSE ONLINE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Anyone playing DC Universe? If there is enough people from the Boards We should create a League. My psn gamertag is Techvampyre if you want to add me.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Maybe if it was free, but I am not paying a monthly fee. I have eliminated almost all debt from my life, not going to add more unnecessary debt.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Maybe if it was free, but I am not paying a monthly fee. I have eliminated almost all debt from my life, not going to add more unnecessary debt.

Yeah I agree 15$ a month is beyond robbery HAHA, Maybe one day they will lower the price or start selling prepaid cards.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

I haven't played it yet- do you like it? How would you rate it as compared to other online games?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138

I haven't played it yet- do you like it? How would you rate it as compared to other online games?

I love it but I am a big comic fan HAHA, compared to other mmo's, and I have played a lot of them I can honestly say it is worth the 15$ a month I actually canceled wow after playing this game only once. Only complaint is the level cap is only 30 but I am sure it will be raised.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm a big comics fan too but unfortunately due to finances I don't get to buy them as much as I used to- and now with crossover events being all the rage you have to buy 13 or 14 different titles every month just to keep up with what's going on....

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Not to mention the price. I just wait till they release them in trade back form now.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Anyone play Superhero City on Facebook? it's a freebie. i'm old, it was pinball in my youth, so i find SC fun, but i doubt it would interest a 'gamer' or console owner for very long.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Can you compair this to other mmorpg's?

Is it like city of heroes or champions online ( which goes free in 2 days )

play style like?

I was interested in this and waiting for a few day trial

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by HammyCat
Can you compair this to other mmorpg's?

Is it like city of heroes or champions online ( which goes free in 2 days )

play style like?

I was interested in this and waiting for a few day trial

It is similar to wow In a way it is very quest driven. The battle system is similar to wow also. But the Concept of the game is Pretty much city of heroes only in the DC universe. It is difficult at first But once you start getting into the PvP's and the arena matches you will be stuck in front of it till the sun comes up...TRUST ME

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I returned The Matrix Online once I found outr you had a monthly fee.

If I buy a game, I shouldn't have to pay to play.

If you never bought these games along with every other sucker out there maybe no-one would have to pay to play the games they already bought. (not really calling you a sucker, but if no-one payed this fee they wouldn't charge it, but because you pay they charge).

Uprising...
edit on 24-1-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles
[

This is true...But I am a sucker that has nothing better to do.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Oh and for the record The Matrix online was worth every penny while it lasted

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles
I returned The Matrix Online once I found outr you had a monthly fee.

If I buy a game, I shouldn't have to pay to play.

If you never bought these games along with every other sucker out there maybe no-one would have to pay to play the games they already bought.

Here's my take on subscription based games. I play WoW and pay my $15 per month but other than that I buy maybe 1 or 2 games per year so in all actuality i'm spending a heck of a lot less than the majority of gamers that do not play subscription based MMO's

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

If you never bought these games along with every other sucker out there maybe no-one would have to pay to play the games they already bought. (not really calling you a sucker, but if no-one payed this fee they wouldn't charge it, but because you pay they charge).

My thoughts exactly.... If people stopped paying for PPV/PPM stuff.... video games, sports events and whatever else, then they would be free again.

But as they say, a fool and his money are easily parted.

And that's not a dig at you OP, just the culture of paying extra for stuff even though you've bought it.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I could not agree more...But what can I say i'm just a fool easily amazed by shiny things and bright colors.
But seriously I completely agree with you. As it is the game costs 60$ and then after you buy the game you have to pay 15$ a month, And if thats not bad enough i am sure it will be 20$ for each expansion...If not more. But like everyone else I am sure I will give into the corporation and buy the expansions too.
IT'S A TRAP!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
A lot of my psn friends play this game but I can't see myself paying the $15 a month fee, I actually just bought oblivion again goty addition to get ready for elder scrolls 5.... They say pretty soon all MMO's will be free to play the only money making gimmick will be the micro transaction IMHO this makes a lot more business sense, it attracts more people to the game and probably would generate more revenue..... Ehhh I'm getting ready for Dead Space 2 tomorrow anyways!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Deadspace 2 looks awesome! I am already at the level cap of 30 so I probably wont be giving Sony my 15$ till they raise the level cap. Till then Killzone 3 and Deadspace 2.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Yeah I heard DC is pretty awesome though.... Not sure how they are going to work out the whole DS2 online, hoping it's a little bit fun at least.... Don't forget if you get Killzone 3 the day it comes out I'm pretty sure you get the Socom 4 beta along with it..

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
So, do you create a customized Superhero, or can you play any of the DC characters? If the latter, how do they decide who is who, or are there a hundred Supermans flying around?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join