It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are We Heading Toward A Black Hole?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Maybe he is more Metaphorically Speaking about it,lol. There is always a little truth to an allegory you know.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SpunGCake

Approaching a black hole would certainly heat up our solar system ,

and it is .
www.livescience.com...

www.dakotavoice.com...
However , scientists are good at cherry picking facts ,
and they won't ever tell the man on the street ,
.... so don't worry about it !
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

??

A black hole doesn't just "sneak up" on you!!! It advertises its presence, very evidently. They aren't "invisible"....because of the radiation emitted by the destruction of matter that is crossing the event horizon.

No....there are NO black holes nearby, to affect us....

BTW, the links there? Actually, have no mention of any "black holes" in relation to any Solar System "heating"...do they?

Oh, and the experts are correct. Anyone with even very basic astronomy smarts will realize it, too.."nibiru" is a hoax, a fantasy, a con job.....

edit on 23 January 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

So you believe Icke? Is this for real? Do you actually think that reptiles from where ever are here and can shape shift and replace the royal family?

Icke is a whack job! The only thing I am aware of that Icke did that was even slightly on he up and up was going to Giza with Hawass and realizing that his chum Sitchin was a devout liar. Actually he knew that. Icke is not demented. He knows he is a despicable liar. He chooses to do what he does because it get him your money!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

However , scientists are good at cherry picking facts , and they won't ever tell the man on the street , .... so don't worry about it !

The peer review process stops those shenanigans in their tracks. Have you ever offered a document to the peer review process. It can be devastating to those that don't understand that everything including the so-called conventional wisdom are up for challenge in the process.

Cherry picking is not going to work. The only cherry pickers I see getting away with it are the frauds as they run away with the money from gullible.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpunGCake
i changed and put what i actually ment like i said i put solar system when i men center of galaxy!!!
sorry for that..

I wouldn't worry about that as much as OUR sun dying first. (It will expand, and engulf all the inner planets in 4 billion years roughly.. BUT what people don't realise is, within 1.8 billion, the sun will be expanded enough to where its close enough to kill everything on the planet.. (it keeps growing until it expends all its energy and then shrinks to a white dwarf star or a black hole)..

So earth has roughly 1.8 billions years left to get a fleet of warp capable space ships!

edit on 1/23/2011 by Pharyax because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pharyax

Bummer. Only billions of years left to be productive. What are the wonders of us going to be?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Way before that happens our sun will go into the red giant phase at which time it will literally engulf the earth and the human race will cease to exist (assuming that we have not somehow colonized some other world).

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I didn't say i did. What i posted was not the words of Ike.
but you didn't read it or check the links out did you?

edit on 24-1-2011 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

So you posted something that was not from Icke, yet you used a link that gave his name. And you are correct that I did not bother to go look at the words of a hoaxer. So what was there was misleading and it was up to the reader to figure that out. You are right. You did mislead me.

So now I look at the link and see that it is just the musings of someone on the internet and not anything worth reading. Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Maybe we live in an upside down version of this world, as if there is the real world, and we live on the "other side" of it, and there exists a kind of bridge that allows us to cross back into the "real world". Perhaps an artefact of a black hole or some other phenomenon, or perhaps an advanced kind of magic or technology. Perhaps even genetic engineering, perhaps a kind of quantum experiment, knowing the effect of the observer, what if we tampered with human observation, that is, with advanced genetic engineering, literally changed how the human eye and human mind sees the world, thus, if they see a different world that we cant see, perhaps they would exist in a different reality that we cannot exist in because we are unable to observe it. If our observations are linked to our minds, and an advanced system of perception common to all beings, that literally shapes our collective reality, perhaps with the right kind of changes, we could end up transferring ourselves to another reality. Perhaps that was their experiment, perhaps it went wrong, perhaps they crossed into a dark and evil plane of existence, or a negative reflection of thier reality.
edit on 26-1-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpunGCake
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

i thought they find black holes by the fast moving orbits of stars around the black hole?

Yes, that is what I said, actually.... LOL

ErtaiNagia
they know this because they have been monitoring x-ray emissions from that region, and have seen evidence of stars moving in TIGHT orbits around a virtual NON-THING... lol, something that has no Electro Magnetic emissions of any kind.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

This story about the Ball game holds truth to many. Stop jumping to conclusions. This story goes back to the Mayans. No Musings about it.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

This story about the Ball game holds truth to many. Stop jumping to conclusions. This story goes back to the Mayans. No Musings about it.

Holds truth? That's a joke. The musings were just musings. The story goes back to the Mayans? Really?

Can you show us why that is so? For example, can you show us that the Mayans knew about galaxies. You did state that

Some suggest that this game symbolizes the Galactic Alignment,black hole and word tree.

Also there is a suggestion that the Maya knew about black holes. Really? Where is the evidence?

The name John Major Jenkins was in your post. He's an astrologer.

Some have described the contents of the dark-rift as both an underworld and a place of cosmic creation. John Major Jenkins describes the place as a nexus between life and death. It is the point of connection between the earth and the top of the World Tree, the place shaman kings would go to meet the divine. Here in the rift lives Hunab Ku, translated ‘the only living and true god.’ We also have a name for this place of birth and death, this point in the sky. We call it Sagittarius-A, the black hole at the center of our galaxy.

Does this part of the post suggest that Sag-A and the dark rift are the same?

You call it speculation. I call it musings. It's not based on evidence, but on ideas disconnected from reality.

It's all speculation,but interesting none the less.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join