It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney wins GOP presidential straw poll in New Hampshire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Reporting from Washington — Mitt Romney won a straw poll in one of the first early-state beauty contests of the 2012 presidential primary campaign, with New Hampshire Republicans giving him more than a third of their votes Saturday and Sarah Palin coming in a distant fourth.

The poll of 273 GOP voters in the first-in-the-nation primary state took place at the state Republican committee meeting in Derry, where members also selected a "tea party"-backed candidate as the new state chairman over an establishment choice.

Romney, the former Massachusetts governor who placed second in the 2008 New Hampshire primary, led the field of 20 potential candidates with 35% of the vote, well ahead of second-place finisher Rep. Ron Paul of Texas at 11%.

Mitt Romney Wins....

Romney 35%
Paul 11%
Pawlenty 8%
palin 7%
Demit 5%
Bachmann 5%

They also chose a Tea Party supported Jack Kimball , but he said he wasn't running as a Tea Party Candidate. ? He won over John Sununu and will replace him as chairman.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Guess they better get those "original" long form birth certificates that we all know their voters MUST see before voting for them ready huh.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Thats terrible news.

Good news for the hair gel industry though

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Let's not forget that Newt Gingrich intends to throw his hat in the 2012 ring.

source

Of all the contenders, Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have the strongest viability to pick up the GOP ticket. Whereas, Palin and Gringrich have too much political baggage weighing them down.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Yes Newt ha ha ha I would rather vote for a salamander.

I do find it interesting that only 7% said repealing the health care law was a major issue. I agree about the smaller government, but we always hear this, and it never happens.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Let me ask you guys/gals a question....

Would anyone here be shocked if Newt won the GOP ticket?

I do not see it happening. I do not think it is possible. Like another poster has said, way too much baggage. That being said, I believe that the results are fixed. I do not believe that we have honest elections in this country. With that in mind, I would not be shocked to see Newt walk away with the GOP ticket

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

In all honesty, yes. I'd be flabbergasted if Gingrich took the nomination. For years the GOP has claimed a highly moral platform in a concerted effort to win over the evangelical movement. It would be sheer hypocrisy if this group were to rally around him.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
35/40 years ago when I was a solid member of The Mormon Church, it was said & believed that in the end times the President of the USA would be a Mormon man and he would be in office during the rise of the anti Christ...

So the fact that Mit Romney is THAT CLOSE kinda freaks me out............
ALLOT!!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Guess they better get those "original" long form birth certificates that we all know their voters MUST see before voting for them ready huh.

I'll bet each individual listed has one and would be willing to show it...unlike some who spend millions to hide theirs.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I was not present for that poll, but I do live in NH.

I have met Mitt Romney on a number of occassions and beleived americans made the wrong choice last election in not making him the GOP candidate.

You need to overlook a lot of things when you look at the way Mitt runs his campaign, but his financial policies are sound and we need him to not only balance the budget, but produce a deficit.

If he runs this time around I will be supporting his campaign.

edit on 22-1-2011 by SlyingFaucers because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
reply to post by MrWendal

In all honesty, yes. I'd be flabbergasted if Gingrich took the nomination. For years the GOP has claimed a highly moral platform in a concerted effort to win over the evangelical movement. It would be sheer hypocrisy if this group were to rally around him.

Very interesting answer. So you would be flabbergasted to find out the GOP is full of hypocrits? To me that seems normal, regardless of if it is GOP or Democrats. IMO they are all hypocrits to begin with.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
If it were down to Mitt and Obama, I'd have to go with Mitt.
BUT!
Michele Bachmann would still be my first pick.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Not quite sure what that comment has to do with this thread. Perhaps best to be posted in one of the "birth certificate" threads.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Of all the contenders, Ron Paul and Mitt Romney have the strongest viability to pick up the GOP ticket.

Not that that his ideas aren't popular, but Paul is way too threatening to the powers that be. I'd say his odds of winning the nomination are 100:1.

I think Romney will probably take it. He's got the backing of the establishment.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Anyone remember who won the more important straw poll at CPAC last year? Let's wait to see what happens at CPAC this year.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee
Not quite sure what that comment has to do with this thread. Perhaps best to be posted in one of the "birth certificate" threads.

It has everything to do with this thread. Why would the birthers go back to not wanting to see all long form original hospital issued birth certificates or whatever other fairy tale form they are demanding from Obama? If they do not demand the same of everyone running for president, then I guess the reality behind that BS will be clear, won't it?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
35/40 years ago when I was a solid member of The Mormon Church, it was said & believed that in the end times the President of the USA would be a Mormon man and he would be in office during the rise of the anti Christ...

So the fact that Mit Romney is THAT CLOSE kinda freaks me out............
ALLOT!!!!

glad u brought that up.
yes Romney is Mormon and from
what I have seen thus far,
Romney is Merovingian Illuminati
Bloodline.
He is even endorsed by GHW Bush
and Wall Street.

Like, I said there are no elections
here any more.

Our leaders are selected for us or else
this Illuminati freak wouldn't be elected