It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

24 dead Pilot Whales Now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Doing my Daily Search of RSOE and i came across this,

Twenty-four pilot whales have died on a remote beach in the far north of New Zealand, the Department of Conservation was quoted as saying on Friday by press reports. Fourteen of the whales were already dead when the group was found scattered over 150 metres of rocks, mud and mangrove early Friday in Parengarenga Harbour, 15 kilometres south of North Cape. They appeared to have become stranded the previous day. The department said the others had to be put down because they were in poor condition and chances of successfully refloating them in deteriorating weather were remote. "If we felt there was a real chance we could have successfully rescued them, we would have," the department's area manager Jonathan Maxwell was quoted as saying by the New Zealand Press Association. "Sadly, the current conditions were against these animals," Maxwell said. "The kindest thing was to end their suffering."

Here's the Link:

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Interesting, thank you for the research and I will be looking at this closely at another time, we may very well have an epidemic on our hands. Granted whales beach themselves for different reasons, some say sonar and other man made causes, but we will have to see. I still appreciate the research.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
This is so sad - I know whales beach themselves for different reasons but they are large and usually pretty hearty to weather changes. I assume they are saying this is weather related. I am thinking of their sonar in relation to the magnetic field. Sadly more animals to add to the list. Let us know if you hear more about the whales or other animals. Take care - I know its been rough.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenAlpha

There are many peguins as well. They are starving to death according the NZ news.
Peguins in NZ

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I saw Paul Watson do it!

new topics

top topics

join