It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film - 2012 - Cause for the rise in bad attitude on ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I have noticed that since the film 2012 has been out there has been a sharp increase in the activity on this website.

- There has been a growing amount of bad manners and attitude on this site.

- There has been an ever increasing amount of threads getting derailed by petty arguments or minor irrelevant differences of opinion.

- There has been a spawning of a new majority here on ATS.

The Ignorant, Arrogant and Pedantic majority

Threads where mocking seems to be the main concern for most of the participants.

Threads where most try to gain stars by bad jokes, slander, inciting intolerance or hate or just plain bullying.

Solution?

Stricter moderating and faster moderating.

I understand how hard it must be for the staff here, dealing with the quite dramatic fall in the level of decorum on ATS. But its not too late! If you hire more staff you can retain the magical essence that lead most of us to join this wonderful learning platform !

I just don't want to see ATS go to waste over time. I really do think films like 2012 have led a lot of, frankly, Idiots to this site.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I haven't seen the film and don't know when it came out, but I too, have noticed the bad manners. I correlate it with the Tuscon shooting, and a recoil to the call for civility. Like "CIVILITY THIS M&^%$ER F**&R"

What was it about the movie that makes you think it is generating bad manners?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I think it has aided to the rise of more ignorant and arrogant new members.

In a nutshell.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

And you blame all of the hostility and bad manners and general unrest on this site..... on the movie 2012??

Okaaaaay
edit on 22/1/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

The RISE of bad manners.

Not the creating.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

But how?

I don't see where you're coming from?

There are more people on the site... but that's down to advertising and facebook and ATS media and so on.... the owners want more people on the site.

With more people comes more idiots and rudeness..... that's just simple logic.

I don't think any film is even related to the problem.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I agree with Blup-you're really not explaining what the correlation is between the film "2012" and people being more uncivil than they were before....

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Basically I think that a bunch of immature idiots saw the film 2012, got all hyped up and piled into sites like this.
This being the cause for the increase in membership and increase in bad manners.

I was mashed when I wrote the OP so I apologise for not being clear.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Well I think you're wrong and respectfully say so.

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'd say the bad manners came from the whole Anon wikileaks, mpaa, blah blah cyber war. Lots of people on 4chan and other sites found out about us, and started trolling.

I wouldn't say it had anything to do with that movie. Plus any true believers of 2012, would know that the movie is just wack.

new topics

top topics

join