It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So mercury is in vaccines huh? Exactly how toxic is mercury?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
There is less mercury in vaccines then in a half can of tuna.

I worked at a small mine as the mine superintendent.

One of my jobs was final cleanup of gold ore concentrates from the mill. I was the only one at the mine that did this.

This was done by the mercury Amalgamation process.

After amalgamation i used a retort to separate the gold from the mercury.
nevada-outback-gems.com...
i had a blood test for mercury every three months and never had anything above normal levels.

Everyone has mercury in there body in trace amounts.
It comes form burning coal and other sources. and most in the US (US coal power plants have scrubber to remove mercury)comes from china on the winds and from food sources like ocean fish..Or from eating foods containing mercury residues from processing, such as can occur with high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS);
en.wikipedia.org...

Now you know why i do not eat food with HFCS.
HFCS has levels higher then in vaccines.

edit on 23-1-2011 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I hope she didn't take those broken therometers out of your allowance

hahaha, I never got one. So... I showed her.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
There is less mercury in vaccines then in a half can of tuna.

I could eat a spider and my stomach acid would render it's poison innert yet if I injected it I'd run into problems. Safety levels for injecting and digesting would be very different.. but of course I make sure the fishoil I buy is mercury tested.
edit on 23-1-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by ericsnow

The toxic effects of mercury depend on its chemical form and the route of exposure. Methylmercury [CH3Hg] is the most toxic form. It affects the immune system, alters genetic and enzyme systems, and damages the nervous system, including coordination and the senses of touch, taste, and sight. Methylmercury is particularly damaging to developing embryos, which are five to ten times more sensitive than adults. Exposure to methylmercury is usually by ingestion, and it is absorbed more readily and excreted more slowly than other forms of mercury. Elemental mercury, Hg(0), the form released from broken thermometers, causes tremors, gingivitis, and excitability when vapors are inhaled over a long period of time. Although it is less toxic than methylmercury, elemental mercury may be found in higher concentrations in environments such as gold mine sites, where it has been used to extract gold. If elemental mercury is ingested, it is absorbed relatively slowly and may pass through the digestive system without causing damage. Ingestion of other common forms of mercury, such as the salt HgCl2, which damages the gastrointestinal tract and causes kidney failure, is unlikely from environmental sources.

They can also make some pretty nifty balls of light in the skies

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by riley

Your stomach has little to nothing to do with making toxins inert. You're thinking of the liver.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Okay. I just used the fist example that popped into my head.

So are you saying that it's just as safe to inject mercury as it is to digest it?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

It depends on the type of mercury compound. Some are eliminated very quickly, regardless of the route of administration.
edit on 1/24/2011 by VneZonyDostupa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
when I was at school, some one try'd to poison me.
he put a spoon full of mercury in my drink at meal time.
from science class.
it tests horrible. it was not untill the following week.
some one he told, told a teacher.
they did tests, but did not believe any of it!
you know when you swallow that stuff.
bit it had no effect at all. many years ago.
it says you die in 48 hours.

a Long time ago in china.
they thought that mercury makes you live for ever.
I still look young?

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
reply to post by riley

Your stomach has little to nothing to do with making toxins inert. You're thinking of the liver.

I've been thinking about this and I wasn't thinking of the liver. How can birds eat spiders? because spider venom is protein based and will just be digested. Swallowing a spider should be okay so long as it's dead and can't bite you.

Ontopic. Mercury obviously isn't protein but the brain would still have some protection via the digestive process than it would if it's injected straight into the blood stream bypassing those natural defences. Yes there are various types but thermisol is still classed as a neurotoxin.
edit on 27-1-2011 by riley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by riley
I've been thinking about this and I wasn't thinking of the liver. How can birds eat spiders? because spider venom is protein based and will just be digested. Swallowing a spider should be okay so long as it's dead and can't bite you.

A) Birds have livers, too.

B) If you're digesting something small (like a spider, ew) it is likely to be absorbed into the bloodstream to some extent in the stomach (though this is very low-yield absorption). Smaller proteins, like most spider venoms, are likely to follow this route and would be handled by the liver. This is the same reason drugs without exnteded-release capsules work as they do - they are absorbed through the stomach lining fairly quickly and pass into the bloodstream.

[quote[Mercury obviously isn't protein but the brain would still have some protection via the digestive process than it would if it's injected straight into the blood stream bypassing those natural defences.

Again, it depends on the type of mercury. Some are fairly inert and would just make a circuit straight back to the liver without interacting much at all with the body. Some would be bound by cells/receptors in the blood and shunted into an excretion system.

thermisol is still classed as a neurotoxin.

In doses MUCH, MUCH larger than what used to be found in some vaccines, yes. By that same token, you produce neurotoxin in your brain every day (glutamate, a critical neurotransmitter). In normal, physiologic doses, it is perfectly harmless and is actually required for normal brain functioning. In large concentrations, it can lead to seizures, coma, and death due to neurotoxicity.

Are you suggesting we research some method of removing this cruel neurotoxinn, glutamate, from people's brains?

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Beat me to it with the gold amalgamation process

It's still quite commonly used for small scale gold recovery from mine tailings but very dangerous if you breath any of the oxide particles released. It takes a heavy toll on fossickers in places like South America where they do it with no regard for safety by simply blasting the amalgam with a handheld blowtorch in an open retort until all the mercury is burnt off leaving just the noble metal behind. I'd class it as about the most dangerous use of mercury.
edit on 28/1/2011 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The reason they put mercury and other such compounds into vaccines is because the help to spark your immune response into gear. They are called adjuvants. Generally you see aluminium salts over mercury.

This from an article pubmed (very well trusted scientific compendium; pub med article)

Adjuvants are vaccine additives that enhance the elicited levels of antibodies and T lymphocytes. These effects improve immunological protection from infection and, hence, enhance public health. Adjuvants promote inflammatory responses of leukocytes in ways that presumably mimic natural infection.

With respect to the specific use of mercury as an adjuvant, there has been no proof to suggest that the levels of mercury present in vaccines present any risk. Neurological defects are not seen until concentrations between 1000-1000000 fold greater than that in a vaccine.

I think this excerpt is fairly relevant (ingentaconnect article):

The guidelines for long-term mercury exposure should not be used for evaluating risk from intermittent single day exposures, such as immunisation using thiomersal-containing vaccines. Similar or higher mercury exposures likely occur from breast feeding and the health benefit of eliminating thiomersal from a vaccine, if any, is likely to be very small. On the other hand, the benefits accrued from the use of thiomersal-containing vaccines are considerably greater but vary substantially between affluent and developing regions of the world.

edit on 31-1-2011 by hypervalentiodine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I posted a thread on 20-4-2010 That may be of use for you :

Mercury surprise: Rice can be risky

I know that the thread talks about mercury in food. But it may provide insight as to the effects of mercury:

Methylmercury poisoning has been linked with diminishing the IQ of children exposed in the womb and with raising blood pressure and other heart-disease risks among adults.

SOURCE: www.sciencenews.org...

Mercury's harmful effects that may be passed from the mother to the fetus include brain damage, mental retardation, incoordination, blindness, seizures, and inability to speak. Children poisoned by mercury may develop problems of their nervous and digestive systems, and kidney damage.

SOURCE: www.atsdr.cdc.gov...

Originally posted by millicake
Here is more information on Mercury for those that need to better understand it:

The effects & How to reduce the risk of exposure to mercury
ToxFAQs for Mercury

Additional Information:

Toxicological Profile Information

Source:

Mercury
Link

FDA
Link

CDC
Link

U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Link

Department of Health Washington state
Link

edit on 19-2-2011 by millicake because: External link's fixed.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Continued...

edit on 19-2-2011 by millicake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jameshawkings

James, you may want to research this video further..

As it has been debunked.

Because the woman has been seen out running on the streets. So either she had a complete recovery, or she wanted attention.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by ericsnow

The toxic effects of mercury depend on its chemical form and the route of exposure. Methylmercury [CH3Hg] is the most toxic form.

The dimethyl form is far, far more toxic, trust me on this.

Unfortunately, it displays considerable stability once synthesised; fortunately, synthesis is unlikely unless formation of the compound is the desired goal and given its considerable lethality and lack of industrial applications its synthesis is currently rare.

The few individuals who have inhaled enough of it to detect a scent and lived to talk about it describe it as having a sweet aroma; God help us all if TPTB decide to use it as a "healthier" alternative to Aspartame.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join