It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS members never cease to amaze me.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I've learned a lot about myself and other folks here on ATS. I'm still trying to bring my digital version in sync with the real me. The digital ego can be rather rude at times ...

Anyway, just wanted to mention that people are really complex beings. I say this because sometimes a poster irritates me with a "stupid" comment (in my opinion) and I think to myself that the person is just insane and shares a completely different world view.

The next day I see the same poster make a coherent, in-depth comment (in my opinion) on a different thread about something that I could never express as eloquently as he or she did. This situation always makes me pause for a second. It gives me reason to check my own stereotypes and perceptions.

Thank you for your time.
edit on 22-1-2011 by AllIsOne because: spelling

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I do hope you meant to say "cease" instead of "seize." I am not trying to bash but ya just never know around these here parts just what someone might be trying to convey.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The only reason I read this thread was to see how stupid a person would have to be to say 'seize to amaze me'.

Hopefully that was what you were going for... I'm not sure. Haha.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

Yes AllisOne i have not seen your posts in a while . Your one of the few i have some respect here for . Love reading your posts on various topics .. Back to the op . I think the problem is debating people ... it brings out the ugly in all of us sometimes where we stand back and look . Its just the nature of debating online . We try so hard to control our emotions and use reason and logic but yea i hear ya sometimes it just gets to much and you wanna punch someone in the face lool maybe not that bad but im sure you get the point .

Debating brings out the ugly in people

We should have discussions with each other , in a discussion is a more calm cool collective manner and no the pressure of debating someone . The calm cool collective should be in debating but emotions sometimes takes over and he ugly comes out lol . How do we fix it? We can' t all we can do is try to be as polite nice and caring person as possible. Im no saint either i've gone off on a few members also but after i regret it because i feel bad for being so mean .

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by luminaut

Great job of proving the OP's point there.....Perhaps you need to again familiarize yourself with the etiquette and decorum of this site?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Thank you ... LOL.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by luminaut

Thank you for confirming this thread.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Thank you for your comment.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I have alot of respect for alot of people here on ATS.

Opinions are one thing, no matter how out of this world they are...everyone has opinions, and I for one love to read them no matter how screwed up they are

BUT rude people...just..they anger me. But then again their hatred not mine. I am at peace and happy with me and I dont need anyone to mess that up =)

ATS members amaze me too. hahha.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Very true. We are from all parts of the world and share completely different views on subjects than others. I just accept that many hate me and friends on here for what our occupation is, for what we believe. It helps me to just sit back and think how at the end of the day we all just want to see our families and hold them. Some people come on here because they are really hurting inside and don't know where to start to express their feelings or emotions. We will never understand each other fully, but we all come from the same place.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have witnessed this same thing myself, which led me to wonder if the poster had , in fact, plagiarized his response from a web page or blogger. Then again, perhaps it's just that we can be quite educated in a topic that we have been interested in for a long time and completely ignorant in another.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by capgirl

Thank you for our comment.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MarineSniper12Kills

Well said!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Yep, makes you wonder sometimes if it's just a copy & paste job ... ?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

U2U me on what you were wanting to talk about earlier

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

U2U me on what you were wanting to talk about earlier

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I do find it interesting on how some topics you will be in disagreement with someone, yet on other topics there will be agreement. Just goes to show how complex and crazy this world can be at times with lots of different ways to look at the problems and issues. With the treads that all have a clear agreement it really has a strong message that gets to the point and is something that should be noticed. I have found it very amazing and enlightening.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
This thread is about me. Isn't it? ISN'T IT????

~Heff

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Yep, ... ;-)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Tasty Canadian

Why?

One day we can all write absolute useless info, then the next feel inspired to write something eloquent and take our time over it.

Not everyone that comes here will spend every sec going over every post, when trying to make a point.

The reason often being, is that i am pretty lazy at expressing myself, and if you cannot take from my posts what i mean, that is your problem. But sometimes i do take my time over posts.

I assume many are like this.
edit on 1/23/2011 by andy1033 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join